• Time
  • Show
Clear All

costummaps

why pll dont play costummaps are there scard there not no the map

or are pll scard that stat ranking is not working lol
    some 1 no why pll dont play costummap SAY IT HERE
    i dont get it

because probably the majority of the players don't even know that there are custom maps and how to download them and the others simply don't want to lose time to dl something they may not like

Comment

you have a idea too get pll play some costummaps and bring some more fun in the game

Comment

remove the stock maps from all servers

Comment

It is pretty sad that the majority of players are reluctant to download and play custom maps, especially as some people have gone to great lengths to make some really nice maps. I guess the huge file sizes compared to say, UT2004 don't help, so people are lazy and can't be bothered to download them.
          Im sick to death of the meagre selection of stock maps. But if you don't want to play on empty servers, then you don't have much choice a lot of the time.

Its made worse on game types like VCTF where there is only 6 stock maps to start with.

Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by god smack View Post
            and the others simply don't want to lose time to dl something they may not like
            You'd think after a year of playing the same 4-5 maps players would be willing to wait a minute or two to try something different?

I guess the stock maps are the greatest possible?

Comment

the problem is a fair chunk of servers seem to have downloads at slow speeds, nothing like 0.1% a second to really annoy you hmm, most stock maps are annoying to play, i did play necris kargo (well downloaded and had a look at) and was far better then origional.

Comment

I will add this to my with list.

UT3 should automatically inform players of new map/content availability via a community wide message. Then there should be an option to download and automatically install the new content in the correct directories. The content could be community controlled, but the download and install feature would need to be added via a new feature of some sort.

Comment

Originally posted by phalanx View Post
                  the problem is a fair chunk of servers seem to have downloads at slow speeds, nothing like 0.1% a second to really annoy you hmm, most stock maps are annoying to play, i did play necris kargo (well downloaded and had a look at) and was far better then origional.
                  I don't think the download speed is the fault of the server. My clans redirect has somewhere around 180 maps and a handfull of those maps download very slowly, some even timeout. I've been trying to remove the maps that do this and the ones that remain download at a decent speed. My guess is that it's some sort of problem with certain maps. I don't have a clue as to what it could be since I'm not a mapper.

Comment

maybe that help

some pll set up a costummap party with the mappack that work a bit but it still i hard too get players too play a costummap
                    really it so boring too play the same map like supence i can play at a server with costummaps but not many pll get in

edit: the is a programm that let you download the map fast from the server

Comment

Remove all these suspense-map-only servers!
                      Annoying always to play suspense ...
                      There are too many official servers (Epic ones + multiplay) causing people to play only stock maps.I think Epic should add some custom maps to their servers.
                      The second thing is that people are LAZY to dl custom maps from servers. (map size is around 30-40Mb for UT3 and up to 90-100Mb (VCTF-Torlan)) because they are not patient or they have slow internet connection (<ADSL 2MB).
                      Last point is that some players still have 1.1 patch only version causing server disconnect while switching to custom map (bug fixed in patch 1.2 or 1.3)

Comment

Currently, when a new map is voted, if the player needs to DL the map, many simply leave. When they do stay ans DL, the match is usually over by the time they finish. The map sizes are large, 30-160 Meg in size. So, even if they DL, the default cache is too small to hold very many maps and the stale cache times is also short to hold them for long, so they need to keep DL the same map over and over.

Maps keep getting bigger as custom stuff is added to them. UT3 needs some sort of automatic DL of new content. Maybe an option to DL offline when the game is not being played. It must be easy and built in so everyone can use it.

Comment

Well, even with DM maps being 25-50M and only taking a minute or two (for me 45 seconds), players still will not download them.

They're just impatient and would rather play the same maps over and over.

It's mostly about instant gratification IMO. I've seen players that leave when a custom map is selected only to go to a stock map server and play.

The only other resaons I can think of are that they don't want to play an unfamiliar map, or they don't want a strange file on their computer?

Comment

multiplay 4 in vctf have costummaps but multiplay server only look at what map pll like too play ( make a server only with supence map ) but there don nothing too at some costummaps too the server

EDIT lately multiplay server see too do some thing there tel too player too play fair and if you whant a good game go too www.pickups.gg

Comment

Originally posted by Sanch3z View Post
                              remove the stock maps from all servers

WAR-Terra Sirenum
                              WAR-Torlan Winter
                              WAR-Alien Sands_UGL
                              WAR-Infection Forest V3
                              WAR-Primeval SE
                              WAR-Serenity_N1ghtfire
                              WAR-ChainsIsle Revisited
                              WAR-DEV1LS N1GHT(a Halloween map)
                              WAR-Dawn
                              Good idea Sanchez, replace all stock map servers with your maps and behold - people could play new maps for another year before needing to get new ones.....you're a great mapper. Love your work.

Comment

Working...
                              X