Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so, has anyone got a flagship move on any map yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so, has anyone got a flagship move on any map yet?

you know, something you do others don't, which acctually gives you the advantage in the field, (for example use of buildings for cover in defence or an out of reach spot to kill vehicles, or a differant route when running the flag?)

I use the room near the tank on suspence as the defence spot, where others go to cover the bridge or behind flag room, i keep tank where it is, gives me better site of incoming vehicles (due to full coverage of road), pick off snipers on the very top of the bridge, and most important, it gives me cover against raptors and mantas as they HAVE to come close to barrel to try and kill. also being in there you can deny any redeemer as it appears thanks to the hight of the doorway, plus it always seems to drag the other team away from the flag as they attempt to remove the tank.
    I use the nightshade on necropolis to put the enemy base under lockdown, mines between spawn and jumpad, EMP on the other nightshade, and shove the vipers away from the base so they have to travel, also by hanging around I can shoot them if they get on hoverboard, knocking them off and either running them over or let spiders eat them, it can either keep the general flow of enemys down to help flag runners or just annoy them to hunt me down and ignore the flag.

what have you guys got? we should try out each others and see what it does to the game

You're trying to trick me into giving away all my secrets! Ok then.

1) Use the Nightshade to heal vehicles: It is especially helpful to heal a Goliath that has had to travel a long way to get into position. You can also use it to heal nodes. Since it is so good at node healing, healing a node that is under attack forces the enemy to stop attacking the node and shoot at you instead, which can be critical at a countdown node that is almost complete.

2) Use the Hellbender to take out nodes and heavy vehicles in one shot: travel towards the target at a slight angle, spamming primary fire towards it. As the first skymine you fired reaches the target, detonate it (not the skymine closest to you - shift your aim and hit the furthest one). The speed of the chain-reaction is almost exactly equal to the speed the skymines travel, so every single one will detonate in the same spot. Get this right and nodes go down in one hit, as will tanks. I've never seen anyone else do this.

Comment

On VCTF-Sandstorm I take a path to the enemy flag I've never seen anyone else do..

I go up the top along to where there is rubble. (I usually use the lift so I can keep the jumpboots for my escape later)
      I get on the ledge there, and dodge off to land on the top of the closest tower.
      From there I dodge over to the avril tower (to same level as the avril)
      Then I just wall-dodge down over to their flag.

I like this way mostly because nobody ever seems to notice me until I'm actually at their flag (taking it), even though I do it over and over again!

(If you dont have the jumpboots, slide off the wall as you land so you dont get hurt. And the reason I don't just use a vehicle except to get to the top part, is because you get noticed too easily and are already being attacked before you actually reach the flag most of the time)

Comment

My flagship move (PS3 and PC) is where I stop the enemies bullets and vehicles by throwing my body in front of them! Waaaahhhh!!!!!

Comment

^I gotta try that one!

seriously though, I haven't seen anyone else translocate on the other guy's flag yet and feign death on it

Comment

I don't know if I'd call it flagship, but I grab the scorpion in suspense and jump off by the keg with my thrusters, bounce the water on the other side and drive up the bank. Cool to trash the enemy goliath or just get across quick, skips the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by The Demon Slick View Post
              I don't know if I'd call it flagship, but I grab the scorpion in suspense and jump off by the keg with my thrusters, bounce the water on the other side and drive up the bank. Cool to trash the enemy goliath or just get across quick, skips the bridge.
              I used to do that when everyone used to bring out the tank right at the beginning of the match, now tank camping is so common it's generally not worth it.

Comment

I had a Strategy site for UT2004, as a place to post this type of thing in a Wiki format. I have updated it for UT3. Check it out if you like:
                UT Strategy Wiki

Comment

Working...
                X