Torlan's center node

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by demoniac View Post
    Yeah... Suspense is a game mode, though, isn't it? Isn't it the one where you try to grab the flag and you also have hoverboards and vehicles? I think it might be called something else in the server browser, but once you join you see it's all Suspense.
    Haha nice one.

Comment

We were discussing this at some length on vent last night while playing. We all agreed that in 6v6 clan matches and all PUB matches, that node will hurt your team if you take it. The sole reason that node is the kiss of death is the orb spawn at that location.

The only scenario that I can think of that may work would be to coordinate the orb runner + cicada + a 2nd player. That would mean it would only be possible in a 12v12 clan match. I still have doubts about it being worth the time and manpower lost.

Comment

The Center node would be fine in torlan if the orb didn't spawn there but as said many times it kills your team by having it there unless you control all the map and hold it like that then it really don't matter. Its when you control the map have center node then the other team comes back and takes everything back is when it bites you in the but.

Comment

To me, center node of Torlan is a good one, giving to your team the following possilities:

- fast attack on all nodes (scorpion boost + orb carier / cicada/manta + orb carier)
          - spawn points to jump and take the beserk (always usefull)
          - cicada, very strong vehicle, with its 2nd seat, very usefull to annihiliate SPMAs, tanks and nodes.

This node can be as important as our prime when we are defending our core and the opponent team is defending our prime more than attacking our core.
          Cicada, scorpions, armor, berserk, and orb spawn give to you more power and more chances to make a comeback, dont forget it and dont forget the strenght of the cicada

Comment

I do agree with all that has been said, but how many times have u seen on a comeback try, the orb carrier leaving base and be killed by 5k mantas, sometimes is nice to have a second way around for the orb carrier

just my 5cent

Comment

One should never be killed by a Manta on the way from core to prime. Don't leave without an AVRIL.

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
                One should never be killed by a Manta on the way from core to prime. Don't leave without an AVRIL.
                Ideally, but once you have lost all your nodes you will quickly find the Avril spawn being spammed by up to two SPMAs and two Goliaths. Sometimes it's all you can do to escape your base sporting only an Enforcer.

Comment

Originally posted by Tenebre View Post
                  dont forget the strenght of the cicada
                  After reading this, I thought about making a video to show why some ONS people may like the center node, being used to the cicada and no Orb. This is an example of some tactics used before are just not being considering now, and why some players still prefer ONS. For Titan32 peeps, this is a fluffy style video but without opponents and showing 1/2 of his skill level

Ok, disclaimer: I had to set low fps due to simultaneous video capture, the redeemer and berserk are there, bla bla ... But it shows how a single average player can make a surprise attack and trash both side nodes, making them flash for less than 10 seconds.. Take a look at the berserk countdown timer for a more clear reference of how long does it take without practice or effort to make it a "wow!" video.

I don't know why it doesn't have sound, but doesn't matter much. Has pretty decent image quality, 35 seconds, 6.7 MB and is hosted on a fast server: http://turtlegt.planetaclix.pt/ut3/torlancenter.wmv

Comment

that vid is cool, but thats considering factors that are there for that to work. First off u need beserk to be there, which isn't always the case but then the deemer to has to be there, you have a better chance of the deemer than that beserk. Either way that is a nice way to take the two nodes back on the side, but the point of this thread was made due to total noobs taking center because the lady told them to, and then no one on the team does anything with the cicada because well people don't think to do what you just did. Though now looking at that for competition that might be a valid strategy and makes me wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by Benfica View Post

I don't know why it doesn't have sound, but doesn't matter much. Has pretty decent image quality, 35 seconds, 6.7 MB and is hosted on a fast server: http://turtlegt.planetaclix.pt/ut3/torlancenter.wmv
                      cannot open the video.

Comment

You know you have settings for attack/defend/orbrunner that will spawn you at the best place. so put it on defend, and will spawn at your core.

Comment

Not really an option. I have it set to spec ops which alerts you when the Redeemer and Shaped charge are up. It's a moot point anyway, because my purpose here is to ask nubs to please stop capping center node, not to lament my spawning options.

Comment

I luv to cap center node. It's sooo pretty. I get into Cicada and fly up and down and admire the towers beauty. Doesn't get any better than that.
                            I just don't get it, when people annoy me with shooting and yelling "noooob" at me. This game IS about architecture, right?

Comment

Working...
                            X