Tournament Gamemode/Mutator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tournament Gamemode/Mutator

I wonder if a built in "tournament" game mode/mutator that could have multiple teams compete would work. Kinda like dual, but with teams instead. Allowing for the teams sitting out to spectate till its their turn to play. Just a thought. What does everyone else think?

If there is already something out that allows for this let us know please. It would probally make setting up a tournament alot easier, and it would be fun to play on a regular basis. IMO

Comment

How many teams do you plan to have in the server at the same time? If you put too many players in a server as specs it will bog down the server, especially at 80 tick.

Sounds like what you need instead is UTV, similar to HalfLife TV. It hasn't been made yet for UT3.

Comment

I was thinking 32 players max. 4 teams of 8, or 8 teams of 4. You would know better, but how would 32 players fare? Ive seen servers with 24 people playing in them at the same time, so I was assuming that 16 playing(2 teams of 8) and 16 spectating, wouldnt be a problem. Or 8 playing(2 teams of 4) and 24 spectating.

Comment

You can't run 32 players at 80 tick, the server can't handle it. Even 30 tick is pushing it for a tournament quality server with zero lag. You could do it, but the smoothness of the server may suffer. Really you should try to keep the amount of players in the server to a minimum if you are running a high end server such as 80 tick. That will keep it running as consistent as possible.

Maybe an good alternative would be to have 1-2 spectators which are video casted. Check out E-Rev.tv, they do this sort of thing all the time.

Comment

I have zero faith in Epic's ability to code such a thing without introducing enough bugs to make it not worth using.

Comment

Midnight I assume that 16/24 player would be the max. So 4/6 teams of 4 could work on one server. Sound about right?

Comment

Working...
              X