Idea's to make a tournament work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idea's to make a tournament work?

First we need to find out why teams dropped out and didn't show.

Was it communication? Some people are banned from this sight so they can't get updated info.-Solution- name a sight that everyone can go to or lift the banns.

Some teams were outmatched. - Solution make an "A" bracket and "B" bracket. The Elite teams go to the "A". The good teams go to the "B"

Guys - I am willing to make another tournament and put up some money. But lets get some solutions and idea's on this thread. If you are a pessimist please don't post. I'm looking for Idea's to get people to show. I'm not looking for reasons why it will never work.

Get the few teams that actually showed up to play, and make a bracket with that.
    Let any other show-ups start out in the loser's bracket or something

Comment

The only way it could possible work is to be flexible with the start times, however that has its problems with people who might abuse it. I was lookin forward to this as well

Comment

I don't know. It's not like plenty of advance notice wasn't given. heck, it got pushed back a week as it is.

Maybe a long term tournament is in order. Set up the brackets, let the opposing teams organize their own schedules and report back the results to the organizers. Just set a 30 day deadline for completion or elimination (forfiet). Folks are always setting up "Clan matches" so this shouldn't be a problem. It just won't happen in one day but this seems to be the most flexible way to go about it.

FWIW - SMP was ready to rock the block-

Comment

Longer term should work, but make it 3 days instead of 30, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by SMP_JIBWA View Post
            I don't know. It's not like plenty of advance notice wasn't given. heck, it got pushed back a week as it is.

Maybe a long term tournament is in order. Set up the brackets, let the opposing teams organize their own schedules and report back the results to the organizers. Just set a 30 day deadline for completion or elimination (forfiet). Folks are always setting up "Clan matches" so this shouldn't be a problem. It just won't happen in one day but this seems to be the most flexible way to go about it.

FWIW - SMP was ready to rock the block-
            Great Idea! Lets make it a 7 day deadline though.

Comment

KS had like 5 dedicated servers for this, it should of worked

Comment

Any idea's to raise money for prizes? I'm good for $100 . I would like to raise $1000 for the tournament.We only have $900 to go!

Sponsors?- Epic?
                Entry fees?

Comment

post brackets and list rosters and match times were everyone can see them so info can be deseminated properly...

Comment

Brackets and rosters were posted were everyone could see them in KS' tourny, so clearly that doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace111 View Post
                      Any idea's to raise money for prizes? I'm good for $100 . I would like to raise $1000 for the tournament.We only have $900 to go!

Sponsors?- Epic?
                      Entry fees?
                      I could sell my body... but we would be broke :-(

Comment

what if you schedule the tournament like during summer break or christmas break, that way more people would be around and might even have a bigger bracket????!!

or maybe dont do it by clans, just say four member groups that way people will chose who they want to play wit and this way they will make sure to be there, and even if no shows it wont start wars between clans??/!!!!

just some ideas........nothin special

Comment

Originally posted by Drokun View Post
                          Brackets and rosters were posted were everyone could see them in KS' tourny, so clearly that doesn't work.
                          Where were they posted?

Comment

All I know is that its pretty **** on KS, I mean the man has taken the time to actually set up servers, get KB/M enabled. If I was him I'd probably sell my ps3.

I would hope a tournament set over 7 days would work, it gives people a chance to get organised otherwise its elimination. 1-2 days, first games must take place.

2-4 Second round,

5-7 Final.

It would give clans or teams a chance to practice in between matches.

Comment

i woke up early today hecka excited for the tourney =/ but yeah im willing to help/contribute to this tourney i really wanna see this happen! its great to see us all working together to bring the community back. hmmmmm should we all consider possibly creating a forum of our own?

Comment

Working...
                              X