This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ut3 & ut2k4

Does anybody play both. I mean I still have UT2K4 installed but have'nt really played it at all since UT3 launch. I find the playing style is too different to play both and I've lost all my 2K skills .

I have both installed and I play UT2k4 more. UT3 is broken, we can only hope that the expansion pack will bring back the good ol' days.

Comment

Originally posted by DeMiZe28 View Post
      I have both installed and I play UT2k4 more. UT3 is broken, we can only hope that the expansion pack will bring back the good ol' days.
      You do know that because the UT game series have been very different it might just mean that we all stick with the one we love most..

Of course, the 1.4 patch and possible expansion will hopefully make the UT3 scene bigger, but theres still plenty of people playing UT'99, let alone 2k4..

You could even think of it as Epic Games's version of "The Sims", god did I really just say that? makes sence tho eh?

Comment

The only thing Im missing alot from 2K4 is Trial Maps and Dodgejump. Trials where pretty much the only thing I played in 2K4 for 2 years...

Comment

I never uninstalled ut2k4 and hadn't played it in months. Started it up one day, and it felt really strange. All the levels looked primitive and bare, and I felt like I was immersed in jello. I don't remember any of this from before.

Brain damage I guess. Well that's what happens.

Comment

I play both. I play UT3 more, only PUGs though.

Comment

Yeah, we grumble ,then adapt ...I too was a UT3 basher, having put in hours with ut2004 (ONS) -there was nothing quite like the first time I fired up that torlan demo way back when, a really inspired fresh game formula- it just wowed me.
              Ut3 hasn't poved popular, to be diplomatic. I 'd guess worries about meeting deadlines and getting it out on all three platforms looking similar,sapped something from Epic's creative process. However as you say going back to ut2004 feels weird; floaty and slow. They just need a new gametype. i uninstalled Ut2004-time to move on.

Comment

I have both but I am very active in the ut2004 scene.
                The ictf scene I am in sticked with ut2004 as long they are there I will be there no point making a switch to ut3 yet, besides that there aint that big of a community anyway to play with.
                Let's hope that the planned expansion will change that ^^

Comment

I Had ut2004 and i still miss it today i lost the game and cannot stop thinking about itI dont plan on buying it because of ut3 and plenty of the new games coming outim sorry ut2k4 i betrayed you

Comment

Originally posted by Moloko View Post
                    i uninstalled Ut2004
                    NO dont do it man no,dont make that mistake like i did!I lost the game which means i couldnt play anymore...its impossible to stop playing

Comment

I have both installed but play UT2004 way more.

Comment

i have both but i have to say ut2k4 is still the best ut ever made. i hope the ut3 expansion pack they say is in the works changes the gameplay to feel like previous versions cause ut3 just dont feel like unreal just a dumbed down version of unreal to tap into consoles and it hurt all of us pc players which was the unreal community that made epic what it is today gg on bailing out on us i dont think ut3 can be saved but i still have hope

Comment

I play both, but ut2k4 is just more fun to me(and active). They both have their own feel but like most said ut3 is friggin broke. Im really hoping for the best with 1.4 but none of the previous patches improved it much if any so Im not getting my hopes up.

Comment

I just put UT2k4 on my new desktop for the first time ( had it on other putas, including current notebook) and i agree with earler calls that it looked bland and primitive. I love UT3, yerh the UI aint great and it has its annoying lil moments, but i find the gameplay and appearance much better, and thats what the game is for, playing not staring at the UI..... Still miss CTF4 but at least we got TDM4 and DOM4 lol
                            [EDIT] In the early days i missed the custom content, id been very spoilt by 2K4, but now there is stacks for UT3 too!

Comment

I had them both installed for a time, but found that more of my time was spent trying to make 2k4 play like either UT, or UT3 than was ever spent actually playing it, and I never quite managed to get the gameplay right, so I cut my losses and uninstalled 2k4. Now it's just the classic and 3 and I can put the 2kx stuff behind me.

Comment

Working...
                              X