Newer players, please read!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newer players, please read!

If you do not currently have a microphone. GET ONE!!!
    The best way to learn warfare strategies is by communicating. When you get your microphone working. Jump in a game and start asking questions. You may encounter a smart a$$ once in a while. Most times, there will be people online that are willing to help you. I assure you. Your gaming experience will be so much more fun when you have a mic.

p.s. -I don't care if you thought you would only be gone a second. If you have to walk away from the game. Log out of the game you are in. It is very frustrating to lose warfare matches because some of the slots on your team were occupied with players sitting idle.
    Thanks.

i've found that a mic is awesome. lots of friendly and helpful people i've met on vent.
    you can get legit instructions, not the **** the game tells you about which node to go to, or what have thee. most players are more than willing to give tips and pointers to newer players who aren't afraid to speak up or ask. i'd rather know that you have a desire to learn, than see you bumbledumping around and not really helping if it's a team game, healing cores, or attacking unlinked nodes or whatever you might end up doing.

and about the afk thing. yes, leave the server if you expect being gone longer than it takes to sneeze. most def if it's a team affair.

Comment

My whole life changed when I got a Mic!

Comment

same here.. i played for about 3 months with no mic.. then got on.. and the game improved so much more!

Comment

Mic is great, people who still use keyboard for messagin should migrate to mic. It's faster, better and cooler XD

Comment

Nice post smellmyfinger! I agree 100%. It's important for new people! I'm constantly on the mic and I always make an attempt to help new people at warfare. Some maps are extremely confusing and if people understand more about how warfare works, we'll see more people on. There is more to this game than Deathmatch! lol...I'm here if anyone wants help on PS3 and you have a mic... psn- JPINATOR add me to your friends list!

Comment

I've got a mic but it doesn't seem to work for UT3. I don't get it, it's a really new and kinda expensive one.

Comment

Ahhh my little finger how he has grown. He was once a Padawan. Now he is a master. I used to yell at him when he went the wrong way in Avalanche with the orb. all I would hear is sorry that was me........LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Belgian General View Post
                  I've got a mic but it doesn't seem to work for UT3. I don't get it, it's a really new and kinda expensive one.
                  press b too talk with mic only your team mate can hear you

a mic is great and mutch better then typing

Comment

I hate idle people! Where do these people go for an hour?

Comment

No one uses the in-game voice chat on the PC. So the above advice is only for new console players.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonBlood View Post
                        No one uses the in-game voice chat on the PC. So the above advice is only for new console players.
                        Yeah, I've never played a match where somebody's mic was actually working. If someone tries using one, it's just a bunch of garbled noise, with everyone else in the game telling the mic user to stfu and stop using the mic.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonBlood View Post
                          It is for consoles!!

Originally posted by U-R-K View Post
                          Yeah, I've never played a match where somebody's mic was actually working. If someone tries using one, it's just a bunch of garbled noise, with everyone else in the game telling the mic user to stfu and stop using the mic.
                          Lol

Comment

PC users get GSC! The older one.

Comment

Originally posted by U-R-K View Post
                              That's basically been the extent of my mic experience on PC too, but it's **** near essential on the consoles.

Comment

Working...
                              X