Spawnkilling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kinnison View Post
    all I can say is, do what you like as long as you are not in a server that explicitly prohibits spawnkilling. Like the multiplay suspense server. And if you are getting spawnkilled by mantas, which is annoying, dont forget that the impact hammer secondary works wonders against them.
    how you do that i have try that but fail

Comment

Originally posted by demoniac View Post
      Rule 1 on its own creates a paradox. With rule 2, and another paradox, added on top of it, the universe might hang or something ;P
      I like looking into a mirror that reflects another mirror. Then looking at the reflection of the 1st on the 2nd and then the 2nd on the first on the second and then the 2nd on the first on the 2nd on the first and on and on toward infinity.

Comment

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
        I like looking into a mirror that reflects another mirror. Then looking at the reflection of the 1st on the 2nd and then the 2nd on the first on the second and then the 2nd on the first on the 2nd on the first and on and on toward infinity.
        Hence, the universe might hang

Comment

Originally posted by rhiridflaidd View Post
          But of course I hate being on the receiving end is the point here...
          And I hate losing, but that's not an argument that winning is bad. Things are going to happen in the game that you don't like, and you have to put up with it.

Originally posted by rhiridflaidd View Post
          ...Again that's not spawnkilling - taking the battle one node upstream is a valid tactic...
          Spawn killing is killing players as they spawn, before they have a chance to load up and get going properly, regardless of when you consider it a valid tactic or not. There are two possibilities for this:

1) Spawn killing in a given situation helps your team win. In this case you really should be doing it, for the good of your team.

2) Spawn killing doesn't help your team, or is even counterproductive. In this case it's nothing for the victims to worry about. They might even be happy that it's going on, because it means that the other team is effectively down one player (and probably one vehicle too).

Comment

Originally posted by coolcat22 View Post
            spawnkilling is for pll with no skill it too easy too do and it not fun i dont like too win that why
            what he say

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil View Post
              And I hate losing, but that's not an argument that winning is bad. Things are going to happen in the game that you don't like, and you have to put up with it.
              Exactly. That was my point when I said I like spawn killing but don't like being subjected to it. This isn't a case of not being able to take what I dish out, because I am of the belief that you take the good with the bad. So to me, spawn killing and being spawn killed are a part of the game. However, that doesn't change the fact that being spawn killed is instrinsically annoying.

Spawn killing is killing players as they spawn, before they have a chance to load up and get going properly, regardless of when you consider it a valid tactic or not. There are two possibilities for this:

1) Spawn killing in a given situation helps your team win. In this case you really should be doing it, for the good of your team.

2) Spawn killing doesn't help your team, or is even counterproductive. In this case it's nothing for the victims to worry about. They might even be happy that it's going on, because it means that the other team is effectively down one player (and probably one vehicle too).

I agree. Whether something is spawn killing, is independent of the motives behind it.

Comment

This is the reason that people should spawn WITH the weapons that are available at the node. Because by the time you grab a weapon and switch from the enforcer(a sloooooow switch in UT3), a vehicle would kill you. Camping the avril pickup points with vehicles is pretty lame, but effective for inflating stats.

Comment

I hate when I'm attacking a node, and people spawn there, so of COURSE I kill them, then continue attacking the node. This almost always generates a chorus of "Spawnkilling! Spawnkilling!". I come from a TDM background, and spawnkilling there is just normal. Getting the most kills IS your objective. There are no others. In Warfare, you have other goals. I mostly agree with MrEvil, if it's helping your team, it's good, if it's hurting your team, it's bad. Has nothing to do with peoples feelings. If you don't like it, make them stop. Unlike the real world, in the UT3 universe, you can kill a dude for being a *****. Also, if that's your only gameplan you are not going to last long. You gotta stick and move!

Comment

lol i was pulled for spawnkilling on islander because of where my tank was positioned on air, to keep turrets away.
                    some maps spawn killing could have been prevented (kill zones on suspence, spawn on roof on downtown) on downtown its **** near impossible not to spawn camp thanks to the spammy vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by phalanx View Post
                      spawn on roof on downtown) on downtown its **** near impossible not to spawn camp thanks to the spammy vehicles
                      At the base you have the jump pads, try to remember that. If you are not pushed back to your base, press F2 to bring the map.

Comment

I can more than put up with it. I can look after myself. It's my newbie temmates that can't.

That spot in islander shooting directly at the enemy avril\orb running point is a classic example of spawnkilling.

It's also proves a point somebody made earlier - that the real problem lies in a poorly thought out map that wasn't betatested hard enough by good players.

And in the abscence of propper fixes, the community has to make arbitary rules, or the map becomes unplayable.

Comment

Oh for the early days when people had some sembalance of honor and sportsmanship.

That unwritten rule the kind of gentlemans agreement was from right back at Doom if I remeber rightly.

Everyone is so pleased about racking up the big kill count when theres mroe satiffaction and more pride in killing someoen on UT in a fair fight. If thay havent had the chance to defend themselves in any way then I dont see how it can be rewarding at all. Warfare maps are a diffrent matter but I wish the unreal games spawnd players away from each other after a kill.

Comment

It's probably already been said, but in 1v1s it's common knowledge that spawn killing is accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by Defeat View Post
                              It's probably already been said, but in 1v1s it's common knowledge that spawn killing is accepted.
                              hmm, that would be one particular mode where i would have thought spawn killing was the worst thing you could do.
                              if you are good at 1v1 then you should be able to control the sheilds weapons and powerups and not need to spawn kill.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHunt View Post
                                hmm, that would be one particular mode where i would have thought spawn killing was the worst thing you could do.
                                if you are good at 1v1 then you should be able to control the sheilds weapons and powerups and not need to spawn kill.
                                Being able to control the spawn points in 1v1 is much better than controlling the weapons and armour. If you can stop them getting anything it's much easier. Ofcourse, there's also the people that control the armours, the weapons AND the spawns.

Comment

Working...
                                X