No announcement yet.

Spawnkilling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything except using glitches, cheats, or bots is 100% fair. Using glitches is cheating and server admin should kick or ban the player.

Feel free to use any weapon in any way, anywhere, and anytime you want.

The #1 rule is there are no rules.

The #2 rule is that there is only 1 rule, see rule #1.

(This is what I always post in these type of threads. I just copy and paste, sometimes edit.)

Comment

^^ What he said.

Comment

Very interesting comments, thanks!

Comment

Spawn killing makes me feel like a cheap jackass (and I consider anyone else doing it the same) unless it's absolutely necessary and short-lived. e.g.: plowing the Hellbender into the enemy prime node in Downtown once center has been captured and spamming the sky mine combos. Then of course attacking the node itself so that no more players spawn there. But taking the tank to the enemy base in that same map while your team controls all the nodes and killing all the players there as soon as they spawn is just ridiculous and unfair. I think playing to have fun is more important than playing to win. I mean it's not like you're winning money or world wide recognition or cookies. I think the prevention of spawn killing should be a high priority in map design.

I gotta admit though, it's become so rampant that I'm starting to do it more and more. Then again, killing spawn killers and ending their sprees is that much more rewarding.

Oh and obviously none of this applies to maps like Spambox.

Comment

i had some lamer spawn kill on suspence, this guy was just a random lamer though couldn't do anything without a vehicle or on even terms, not my fault he got between the weapons and me is it? (doesn't surprise me was in a guild that camps, lames and imbalances teams on a regular basis)

Comment

Cutting down on spawn killing is the responsibility of the map makers. No one gets spawn killed in AnarchyHalls_SE. Because I built my spawn rooms with that very idea in mind.

Comment

Getting double-kill's in a duel is probably my favorite thing to do in ut3. And the only way to do it is to spawn kill the **** outta someone, go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by cuj0 View Post
                  Getting double-kill's in a duel is probably my favorite thing to do in ut3. And the only way to do it is to spawn kill the **** outta someone, go figure.
                  But spawning in a bad spot is really annoying. I hate it when I'm killed in a duel and then I spawn in the exact place I just died in.

Comment

i really dont give a **** about spawn killing because i do it all the time

Comment

What some people don't seem to understand is that 'playing for fun' and 'spawn killing' aren't mutually exclusive. I find spawn killing to be quite fun (but of course I hate being on the receiving end of it). I don't do it to boost my score, I just find it to be fun to frag people with the Goliath or Hellbender just after they spawn.

This brings me to my next point. Attacking the core with the Goliath on Downtown (when the server is well populated) is a complete waste of resources because as someone mentioned previously, the Goliath will be destroyed rather quickly. The best thing to do with the Goliath, when your team is attacking the enemy core, is to drive it into the enemy base with the front of the tank on the jump pad. This allows you to both frag the opposition players as they spawn and prevent them from getting onto the roof and spamming link/rox on the Goliath.

As for using the Hellbender in the enemy prime, I like to get it in there when the opposition has captured the centre. This is because as soon as the centre node is attacked they'll most likely spawn at the prime. This allows me to get easy Skymine frags and also impede their defence of centre.

Comment

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
                        The #1 rule is there are no rules.

The #2 rule is that there is only 1 rule, see rule #1.
                        Rule 1 on its own creates a paradox. With rule 2, and another paradox, added on top of it, the universe might hang or something ;P

Comment

Originally posted by H3i53nb3rg View Post
                          What some people don't seem to understand is that 'playing for fun' and 'spawn killing' aren't mutually exclusive. I find spawn killing to be quite fun (but of course I hate being on the receiving end of it). I don't do it to boost my score, I just find it to be fun to frag people with the Goliath or Hellbender just after they spawn.
                          But of course I hate being on the receiving end is the point here. One spawnkiller spoils the fun for the whole other team by his selfish behaviour.

The best thing to do with the Goliath, when your team is attacking the enemy core, is to drive it into the enemy base with the front of the tank on the jump pad. This allows you to both frag the opposition players as they spawn and prevent them from getting onto the roof and spamming link/rox on the Goliath.
                          That's not spawnkilling. THat's sensible

As for using the Hellbender in the enemy prime, I like to get it in there when the opposition has captured the centre. This is because as soon as the centre node is attacked they'll most likely spawn at the prime. This allows me to get easy Skymine frags and also impede their defence of centre.
                          Again that's not spawnkilling - taking the battle one node upstream is a valid tactic. But it would be if you did this, or stayed there when the enemy had captured your prime, because 2 nodes upstream is tactically stupid.

That's the point really - to decide isf somebody is spawnkilling the question is what is he thinking when he's doing what he's doing.

If you're going out to break a stalemate, fine. If you're choosing spawnkilling as a first tactic, or if it isn't a tactic at all- it's just getting frags or personal gratificaion, it isn't fine.

Comment

spawnkilling is for pll with no skill it too easy too do and it not fun i dont like too win that why

Comment

all I can say is, do what you like as long as you are not in a server that explicitly prohibits spawnkilling. Like the multiplay suspense server. And if you are getting spawnkilled by mantas, which is annoying, dont forget that the impact hammer secondary works wonders against them.

Comment

Originally posted by coolcat22 View Post
                                spawnkilling is for pll with no skill it too easy too do and it not fun i dont like too win that why
                                what more can i say. i totally agree.

Comment

Working...
                                X