Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

PS3 IRC channel (PUG)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that's great, and I really applaud the effort, but the other part of what I was saying is, when you join a game, you go on a team, but you can't pick which one, people have to keep switching until you get the right balance of the teams that were picked. Also, if another person who wasn't picked or wasn't involved just comes by and joins your teams will be off, unless you use a password. Hi Pacer!

Comment

you password the game.. teams are decided before the game is even joined.. its really simple.

it just requires ppl to have access to a computer, which isnt hard at all.

Comment

Yeah it would be a closed game so passwording it would work fine.

The teams would be decided via the irc session...But you do get randomly assigned to a team on actually entering the match though right? That would be the only slightly annoying thing...the first 30 seconds or so everyone would have to make sure they were on the right team and switch if not...I think that's the point TheDemonSlick was making.

edit:
        oh, and you don't really need a computer...mibbit webirc works in the PS3 browser.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadaim View Post
          it just requires ppl to have access to a computer, which isnt hard at all.
          and what's easier then is to just play the pc version... that'll solve a bunch of problems.

i'm just saying often people's pc is in one room while their ps3 is in another so it can be too inconvenient to use both. a ps3-only based solution would be nice. one that is in-game seems the most convenient. one that does not involve typing would be nice too since it is such a pain with the controller.

but give your irc idea a try. if it works out then great. if not, maybe i can help.

Comment

maybe when HOME finally comes out it will be a solution for something like this.. if allows players to all gather, we could have a "spot" we all hung out at and launch games from there.

Comment

pacerx I think your idea is better than irc...to me irc would only be a permanent solution if your in-game PUG Lobby wasn't an option. If you think it's possible and you have the knowledge/time to attempt this lobby mod my vote is go for it man.

Comment

Yeah good point on the PSN 'home' thing...from what I remember that was one of the major points about it, a place to gather and launch into games from there. What's the deal with that? Is there a release date? I'll have to google it....

Comment

Yeah but come on the day Home gets released everybody and their mom will be on a different game cause they are lame

Comment

Originally posted by ReverendCrow View Post
                    Yeah but come on the day Home gets released everybody and their mom will be on a different game cause im lame and no one wants to play with me.. yea now that i look at it, home is lame and so am i
                    come on man.. why u so neg.. your not lame.. ur jus.. well.. yea your right.. your lame!

haha jk..

you playin with us on tues or what?

Comment

haha screw u prodigy wait whats going on tuesday? lol

Comment

Good luck with getting console gamers to use the IRC! It's hard enough to get PC players to use it now-a-days.

It's not merely that people dislike IRC, it's just that most people have no idea what it is. Instead people use inferior one-on-one chat programs like AOL and MSN Messenger. They have no idea that IRC is still the best medium for online chat rooms.

Comment

i dont think people realize how easy to use it is, its free and its leaps and bounds better then any instant messenger.

ive been using it since about 96, when ICQ was the only instant messenger around, for some reason i can still remember my icq number havent used it in probably about 10 years

edit:

i just went and signed a new account up on icq to see how far the numbers have risen (they number you as you join, so if you were the first person your icq # would be 1), well 43 million people have signed up since lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sourpuss View Post
                            Good luck with getting console gamers to use the IRC! It's hard enough to get PC players to use it now-a-days.

It's not merely that people dislike IRC, it's just that most people have no idea what it is. Instead people use inferior one-on-one chat programs like AOL and MSN Messenger. They have no idea that IRC is still the best medium for online chat rooms.
                            Chat rooms =/= instant messaging

IRC can't really be compared to AIM and MSN.

Anyway regardless of that, the new breed of gamer just tends to be less technology savvy. There are still a number of 360 UT3 players going around the net complaining about the talk button position even though it's completely remappable, you can't expect those type of people to have ever even heard about IRC.

Comment

Originally posted by Tailsnake View Post
                              Chat rooms =/= instant messaging

IRC can't really be compared to AIM and MSN.

Anyway regardless of that, the new breed of gamer just tends to be less technology savvy. There are still a number of 360 UT3 players going around the net complaining about the talk button position even though it's completely remappable, you can't expect those type of people to have ever even heard about IRC.
                              I can't help but laugh my *** off to this... you got to love how stupid people really are... that's just common sense to change something if you don't like it

Comment

Working...
                              X