Translocutor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Translocutor

Is there a setting in the .ini files that someone has found to turn off that annoying noise the translocutor makes when jumping around? You cant hear it when other players use it - so whats is its purpose?

I take it thats a big fat "No" then !

Comment

Oo

10 chars

Comment

If you can't hear it when other players use it then you need a better set of speakers or headset. I can hear it just fine and think it is quite helpful to hear it. I do play with the volume cranked up though.

Comment

i have a problem with the translocutor... out of every 2nd shot with the translocutor, i can't see it coming out of it the weapon(and it does, but not visibly) or where it has landed

Comment

The translocator is used for teleporting. The first shot (primary fire) sends out the disc, then you right click (alternative fire) and you teleport where ever you shot it. If you click primary fire two times, then the trans disc you shot out will cancel out and vanish. That sounds like what you are doing.

Comment

Translocator + Executor = Translocutor

ULTIMATE WEAPON

Comment

The translocator is the coolest hand weapon in all gaming history (in my experience) But it was easier to telefrag in UT1... I cant say iv managed to do it in UT3 much great tool though.

Comment

I never really played CTF up until these last two weeks and the arrival of more players to play with. I have to say i'm hooked on the translocator and CTF . Makes the gameplay even faster and twichier. Its like being the Nightcrawler from X-Men

Comment

The Translocator is absolute rubbish compared to the UT2k4 version. It just has been totally dumbed down. It's so loud, that in small, condensed maps, all you mostly hear is people teleporting instead of bullets being shot. It doesn't go as far when you shoot it, you can't shoot it against a wall and dodge off of it, and you can't translocate into the air, and repeat in order to get to high powerups without falling to your death. Telefrags are also really glitchy; half of the time when you think you'll get the kill, you don't. I was very disappointed with how it turned out, especially since nothing has been done about it for the last 3 patches. At least we can hope that the new CTF maps will keep CTF populated again.

Comment

Originally posted by nkvd3941 View Post
                      translocutor
                      Now there's a thought...

Comment

Originally posted by ZzyzX View Post
                        and you can't translocate into the air, and repeat in order to get to high powerups without falling to your death.
                        You should think about that

now when you translocate into the air... your are FALLING... now... you can shoot another to go higher... but guess what... YOUR STILL FALLING... SOooo what do you think will happen when the player lands??? HMM?? SPLAT ahahahhahahaha you can go up sat 2 times but you can shoot up then up again.. but if you do it again, you will likly die.

yes it does sound silly.. use to sound kool, but not now. I agree with you there

yes telefraging is somtimes imposible when the disc bounces of the player.. it didnt do that in UT1

Comment

The translocutor: Like a translocator, but cuter.

Comment

Working...
                          X