Epic Announces "Major" UT3 Expansion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Epic is hardly so discerning about who should be UT players and who should be GOW players.. as far as they're concerned, anyone with the cash to fork out is either. Also, I have seen plenty of screaming kids playing UT all the way back since the original. What would be more accurate is that today's ADD kiddies are more likely to own a console and play games which offer quick gratification, than a pc, playing a game that generally requires a lot of patience and practice to master.

UT is and always has been meant for the PC, Epic tried to cash in on their whole GoW success with a series that long predated it, ignoring said series history to do it. Yes UT3 has the look, and it has the names, Malcolm, Lauren, etc.. but they are barely recognizeable. It's not difficult to see where poor judgement was used, and where things must be set right - the question is does Epic see it? This "expansion" will pretty much tell us.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by jackrustycog View Post
    Hey I completely backed epic until they took my money and gave me a console port. I played 99 too, liked it but I liked ut2k4 the most. Ut3 isnt comparable to ethier.

Ut3 isnt Ut3, its some other game and whatever that game is ....it sucks.

One thing they got right is the graphical quality, its top notch cant argue with that.
    Well it's been out nearly a year and you're still here complaining?

Btw, I don't love everything bout this game. Where it goes from here, who knows? But Epic could do with defining their UT market: "What I learned with that game is; if you treat your customers like intelligent, educated adults, you get intelligent educated adults as customers." Cliff Harris- Epic need to differentiate more between customers; the screaming kids who play GOW aren't necessarily representative of the UT audience, I think this fact got lost along the way.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh yawn, I started posting so you two would stop B|tc◄ing. This is about the expansion, not another whiners argument lol...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I can agree with that actually to a degree, what you just said kinda reminds me of a point I made the other day which was UT and "The Sims".. there all differnt yet all the same..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm against destructive criticism. Period. It badmouthed and contributed to reduce the player count even more. Alongside with the game flaws, it reduces the value of the game I bought. Did you pay for my game copy? No? Shut up then.
    Last time since reading comprehension isn't your strength. It's completely arbitrary what YOU consider "destructive" criticism. You aren't the criticism police who gets to decide what is good or bad criticism. If you still fail to comprehend, there's nothing I can do for you.

No, you are reacting negatively to it.
    It must be nice to live in a bubble, try reading other peoples replies.

But you bet that I will say whatever I want when discussing generally and towards the forum and you will not be able to police or censor my opinion.
    Now this just made me laugh. Think really hard why this is HILARIOUSLY ironic. You go around getting on people who do "destructive" criticism, but when its YOUR opinion, no sir, no ones going to police or censor you! Welcome to the land of Hypocrisy, population you.

The problem was that they went as far as personal insults!
    Those horrible people! I mean YOU'D never do anything like that right?

Did you pay for my game copy? No? Shut up then.
    Nope. You're much better than that.

If you call people cheerleaders, you can't stand the fact that those people genuinely liked the game, do you?
    I like the game and play it daily, way to make gross assumptions that have no basis.

See, if we go on with this, it can degenerate pretty quickly, and your suggestions will end up on a locked thread.
    We? You're priceless. Thank you for proving why people like yourself need to stop going after other people who make criticisms. Take a look in the mirror sometime.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey I completely backed epic until they took my money and gave me a console port. I played 99 too, liked it but I liked ut2k4 the most. Ut3 isnt comparable to ethier.

Ut3 isnt Ut3, its some other game and whatever that game is ....it sucks.

One thing they got right is the graphical quality, its top notch cant argue with that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    jackrustycog, you are rude.. I've been waiting for UT99 2.0 for nearly 10 years! If your happy with a different version of UT good for you, but some of us hate 2k4 cause its nothing like UT99 which we like..

I dont think the population of UT3 is easierly fixable because people seem to have made up thier minds. I hope this changes when everything gets fixed and we get new content.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i dont get it why pll olwas crying this game is have so many bug there are some i no but i try too find away too fix it lol i still play this game all the time it so stupit pll leaf becous this game have some bugs (so what ) it not make me stop playing this game the game is great

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Frazzled View Post
    You're utterly missing the point. People like you who try to police "good" criticisms from "bad" ones, inevitably label what they disagree with as "whining" or "bad" criciticms. Not to mention, no one asked you to police anyone's criticisms. Let people voice their complaints, why should you care?
    I'm against destructive criticism. Period. It badmouthed and contributed to reduce the player count even more. Alongside with the game flaws, it reduces the value of the game I bought. Did you pay for my game copy? No? Shut up then.

It's not your job to police "whining" and declare what should "stand out" or not. You're assuming a role no one needs or has asked for, that's why people react negatively to it.
    No, you are reacting negatively to it. I'm replying to other people, sometimes recognizing that they are right on several points, I just didn't elaborate. I made my best effort to not making this personal, 1vs1 or flaming. But you bet that I will say whatever I want when discussing generally and towards the forum and you will not be able to police or censor my opinion.

That post where I was discussing "consolized" issue I wasn't replying to him. It's just that I've heard this one for almost a year now, and I realize that was a necessary tradeoff between PC and console, maybe including TV overscan that eats margins of the display, some CRT televisions with analog inputs where text gets blurred, etc.. . There was no way to please everyone. My criticism could be that the game was rushed, people were really looking forward to this game, we were all hyped up and they made the mistake of releasing with even with a crippled UI. And there was bad design there, I agree. No point on going to a submenu when clicking "settings", I like to see video settings straight away. That was fixed on a patch because they listened and managed to see the suggestion in the middle of the noise. But don't expect that I'd like that they make the UI unusable for someone that stays 3 meters away from the TV just because it's a tad annoying to me.

YOU are well intentioned, but it's completely misplaced. There were tons of cheerleaders who didn't want to hear any complaints early in ut3 as well.
    The problem was that they went as far as personal insults!

If you call people cheerleaders, you can't stand the fact that those people genuinely liked the game, do you? You consider people as cheerleaders, other guys would say that you ***** too much. See, if we go on with this, it can degenerate pretty quickly, and your suggestions will end up on a locked thread.

Reply and have the last word on this, I'm wasting time with you

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Benfica View Post
    The fact that you already posted positive criticism and suggestions has got nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

You are very well intended, but your suggestions will only be heard if the thread remains constructive. Otherwise they are a waste of time, they don't stand out of the noise. Or the similar thousands of posts.

Besides, I thought that it was the purpose of the other thread What Do You Want in UT3 Expansion?
    You're utterly missing the point. People like you who try to police "good" criticisms from "bad" ones, inevitably label what they disagree with as "whining" or "bad" criciticms. Not to mention, no one asked you to police anyone's criticisms. Let people voice their complaints, why should you care?

It's not your job to police "whining" and declare what should "stand out" or not. You're assuming a role no one needs or has asked for, that's why people react negatively to it. YOU are well intentioned, but it's completely misplaced. There were tons of cheerleaders who didn't want to hear any complaints early in ut3 as well.

How'd that work out? Exactly.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When I bought Ut3, thought it was going to be the Dodge viper of unreal ..... The Ultimate unreal! Instead I got a clunker 70's model beetle with flat tires?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Pretty game, gameplay is tuned for controllers with the high damage of ALL weapons/vehicles. Movement is tuned for controllers(or the lack of movement). Ut3 was made for a console. Ut3 sucks and the online population backs up my claim.

I play ut2004 Plenty of servers, plenty of players and its just a good game in general. Many persons agree also because its a populated game! The size of the playerbase doesnt lie. The enjoyment I get from playing it doesnt lie ethier

Really if epic isnt going to change ut3's weapon damage and movement to be proper then stop working on your expansion and just ditch the game. Just adding a longer campagn and a few levels isnt going to polish up this piece of **** enough to ask more money for it. Or even come close to pulling it out of bin under the bargan bin.

To all those fanboys backing ut3 up, well have fun playing against bots mostly because this game is on its last few months of survival before the plug is pulled.

Est. Population in this town is what 20-30 fanboys lolololo

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Frazzled View Post
    Rampant fanboy optimism has been tried for along time and it doesn't work (you can read a thousand posts like yours defending the game). The sales don't lie. Stop trying to cheerlead this game.

The thread is dedicated towards people proposing what they'd like to see, just let them. There is nothing bad about constructive criticism and voicing opinions about what people would like to see. If you want to go create a thread dedicated to people who want to fawn over Epic, go create a suckup thread elsewhere.
    The fact that you already posted positive criticism and suggestions has got nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

You are very well intended, but your suggestions will only be heard if the thread remains constructive. Otherwise they are a waste of time, they don't stand out of the noise. Or the similar thousands of posts.

Besides, I thought that it was the purpose of the other thread What Do You Want in UT3 Expansion?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    well said frazzled, epic is finnally letting us complain on the forums since the advertising wave for ut3 is over.

Before they cleansed the forums of critisism daily to not put people off from the game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Rampant fanboy optimism has been tried for along time and it doesn't work (you can read a thousand posts like yours defending the game). The sales don't lie. Stop trying to cheerlead this game.

The thread is dedicated towards people proposing what they'd like to see, just let them. There is nothing bad about constructive criticism and voicing opinions about what people would like to see. If you want to go create a thread dedicated to people who want to fawn over Epic, go create a suckup thread elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Bebo View Post
    Yes, the game is perfect. You're all just picky. There are no improvements to be made in this game.

..........lol?
    That's not what he is talking about. He doesn't mean that the game is perfect, there's always room for improvement. He means that the game is much better than what some people say. The ones that complain day and night (and even when asleep), create more damage to the game than the current bugs or limitations that people have themselves, find annoying or care about. If there are 20 bugs or limitations, usually someone is only bothered about 3 or 4, but being annoyed to death by much more whining than it is justified.

Obviously this situation ****** me off much more than some game issues, because it reduces the player count, people that woulld be playing and having much more fun, decided to pick another game just because they listen to biased complains that pick the negatives and don't bother about the positives. Often they are about things that for their nature couldn't ever please everybody, it's just yes or no. With destructive complains and if everybody is noisy about their favourite features, it is impossible to see clearly what is prioritary and what to decide when requests are exactly the opposite of one another. And some whining is still based on the way UT3 was months or 1 year ago.

And this: I started with UT-GOTY but then I stopped playing for 4 years or so until UT2004 came. But ONS was a new gametype, I had no expectations and it was amazing. Now UT3-WAR is better on some stuff, but I'm disappointed with others. But if I would start ONLY pointing out the 20% I don't like, peeps that start now on PC or console would not consider the game that good based on my personal rants and whining. But what do they care about my previous experience and the way I used to play?.

The game is clearly 8 or 9 out of 10 for everybody that starts now, gameplay is extremely solid for old UT99 players and still a lot of UT2004 ones. With some tweaks (visual and vehicle handling) and a different movement on WAR (and vCTF) a lot of people would move from ONS.

My problem with all this BS has never been the complains about some missing features on the UI and the ones that can be found on the troubleshooting section! End user rights come first. For me UT is a commercial product as is an NVidia card, Windows Vista or a can of Coke. If it's not good enough for me I don't buy it, if I bought it and it fails my expectations I complain about it.
    No, the problem with UT is tradition: both this game like the previous versions has been attacked by disgruntled people down to a level that I've never seen before or thought possible. And this will last forever just because people are used to, and feel great going on forever with this bad joke. I remember when UT2004-ECE was released for free, instead of posting a "thank you guys!" on the previous forum, people started whining about a bug on the SPMA vehicle! And btw, this thread is about an UT3 expansion, ffs!I'm really not happy that it is turning out another one about complains.

Considering that I love UT, talking about 2 or 3 things while neglecting the lot of positives would only make sense if I'd be insane and would be extremely easy because I'm hidden behind my keyboard. And if someone doesn't really like UT, why the hell is he still in the community?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X