No announcement yet.

Epic Announces "Major" UT3 Expansion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is awesome news, now that GOW2 is out of the way Epic may have a chance to redeem themselves.

All I can do is wait and see.

Comment

Another important Request:

Epic, please let us specify the path for custom content during installation, or by .ini-editing.

My Custom Contend folder just grew from 6.9 to 10.7 GB in my last CC update (Well I was not touching UT for 4 month, it was ver much to catch up to, though it was worth it, impressive stuff the modders and mappers made). My system partition is about 40 GB in size and I don´t want to reinstall my system, neither switch to the content I curently intend to use by copying it around.

btw: I accidently found out, that it doesn´t matter where in the Published\CoockedPC Folder you put your files (even any config file). UT3 can find them all. You can even copy Node Setups from WAR maps into the same-named map-ini file. Does this also work with online content or will it be needed in the right place? How about renaming friendly map names? I need to check it out if I get the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Bret Hart View Post
        What?
        Oh, did you think their massive lay-offs and dropping of licenses were signs that they were doing well?

Comment

Much Good news.

I always had faith in my UT.

Comment

Glad you're giving it a second go epic. I personally don't care for single-player campaigns. If i wanted one, i'd play the original Unreal games or Half life or something. What i do want are features that will revitalize the multiplayer aspect and return the unreal franchise to the top of the multiplayer heap. Simple things like UI improvements, spectator mode, kill cams, server browsing, server admin tools and anti-cheat would be most welcome.

Can't wait.

Comment

I would not paying again. if this is another version of the game with fixed problems, more contect, models. basically like unrealgrr says: and upate to ut3 like ut2k4 was for ut2k3. I can only hope.

Comment

This time it had better be more than just puking out braindead maps like Morbias on us and calling it good...

Comment

This is great news. I was getting worried about all of the dire news about low sales numbers and warez.

As bummed as I am about the missing features (see sig) in UT3, I would happily pay for a large update to help keep UT alive! For me, if I spread the money I paid for all UT's over all of the hours of enjoyment, the cost per hour is almost negligable.

Comment

Originally posted by nthexwn View Post
                    This time it had better be more than just puking out braindead maps like Morbias on us and calling it good...
                    I think you have it backwards... You're supposed to be braindead (beers..) before you play Morbias! Some of my fondest memories are in UT99, gettin' beered up and fightin' with my buds over the deemer in Morb!

Comment

Originally posted by Janes_Addiction- View Post
                      I would not be paying again.
                      if it's an 'expansion pack' like we usually get with pc games with more campaign/story, then i'm guessing it'll be reaper entering a tournament to get get at malcom and kill him somehow

more maps, more modes, more characters, more mutators, maybe graphical enhancements, simplifying the entire multiplayer process, etc.

this is all something i'd definitely pay for

they should do like crytek and make it a small $30

Comment

This is great news, the best thing for this extention for me would be:
                        -to bring back assault mode
                        -update Unreal Engine version to 3.5
                        -more VCTF maps (one of the most popular gametypes with Warfare)

Comment

Originally posted by Stoned Rhyno View Post
                          - most importantly: Epic, concentrate your efforts on a PC-only version and take your time to make it perfect, port it later to the consoles. The main failure of UT3 was imo, that you have been pressured by Sony to release UT3 before Christmas 2007, you didn´t have time to finish all necccecary PC features.
                          LOL, it makes no sense for EPIC to focus only on PC. Hell, it doesn't even make sense to focus on PC anyway. Your PC market is about to get full with free online shooters (free Quake and free Battlefield) and the hardcore FPS market has been dead for some time now...

Comment

it all looks fine and dandy, but i'm gonna just sit back and watch all this unfold.
                            best of luck to epic in turning this thing into the beast it should be.
                            but any ways...
                            ...still playing regardless.

Comment

I knew it! (postal dude voice)

Comment

seems like good news. could also explain why the mac version has been delayed for sooo long. (early spring 2008, yeah right :P )
                                theres a few things i would like to see in this update but i'll hold my tongue and see what comes forth

Comment

Working...
                                X