No announcement yet.

Epic Announces "Major" UT3 Expansion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey I completely backed epic until they took my money and gave me a console port. I played 99 too, liked it but I liked ut2k4 the most. Ut3 isnt comparable to ethier.

Ut3 isnt Ut3, its some other game and whatever that game is ....it sucks.

One thing they got right is the graphical quality, its top notch cant argue with that.

Comment

I'm against destructive criticism. Period. It badmouthed and contributed to reduce the player count even more. Alongside with the game flaws, it reduces the value of the game I bought. Did you pay for my game copy? No? Shut up then.
      Last time since reading comprehension isn't your strength. It's completely arbitrary what YOU consider "destructive" criticism. You aren't the criticism police who gets to decide what is good or bad criticism. If you still fail to comprehend, there's nothing I can do for you.

No, you are reacting negatively to it.
      It must be nice to live in a bubble, try reading other peoples replies.

But you bet that I will say whatever I want when discussing generally and towards the forum and you will not be able to police or censor my opinion.
      Now this just made me laugh. Think really hard why this is HILARIOUSLY ironic. You go around getting on people who do "destructive" criticism, but when its YOUR opinion, no sir, no ones going to police or censor you! Welcome to the land of Hypocrisy, population you.

The problem was that they went as far as personal insults!
      Those horrible people! I mean YOU'D never do anything like that right?

Did you pay for my game copy? No? Shut up then.
      Nope. You're much better than that.

If you call people cheerleaders, you can't stand the fact that those people genuinely liked the game, do you?
      I like the game and play it daily, way to make gross assumptions that have no basis.

See, if we go on with this, it can degenerate pretty quickly, and your suggestions will end up on a locked thread.
      We? You're priceless. Thank you for proving why people like yourself need to stop going after other people who make criticisms. Take a look in the mirror sometime.

Comment

I can agree with that actually to a degree, what you just said kinda reminds me of a point I made the other day which was UT and "The Sims".. there all differnt yet all the same..

Comment

Oh yawn, I started posting so you two would stop B|tc◄ing. This is about the expansion, not another whiners argument lol...

Comment

Originally posted by jackrustycog View Post
            Hey I completely backed epic until they took my money and gave me a console port. I played 99 too, liked it but I liked ut2k4 the most. Ut3 isnt comparable to ethier.

Ut3 isnt Ut3, its some other game and whatever that game is ....it sucks.

One thing they got right is the graphical quality, its top notch cant argue with that.
            Well it's been out nearly a year and you're still here complaining?

Btw, I don't love everything bout this game. Where it goes from here, who knows? But Epic could do with defining their UT market: "What I learned with that game is; if you treat your customers like intelligent, educated adults, you get intelligent educated adults as customers." Cliff Harris- Epic need to differentiate more between customers; the screaming kids who play GOW aren't necessarily representative of the UT audience, I think this fact got lost along the way.

Comment

Epic is hardly so discerning about who should be UT players and who should be GOW players.. as far as they're concerned, anyone with the cash to fork out is either. Also, I have seen plenty of screaming kids playing UT all the way back since the original. What would be more accurate is that today's ADD kiddies are more likely to own a console and play games which offer quick gratification, than a pc, playing a game that generally requires a lot of patience and practice to master.

UT is and always has been meant for the PC, Epic tried to cash in on their whole GoW success with a series that long predated it, ignoring said series history to do it. Yes UT3 has the look, and it has the names, Malcolm, Lauren, etc.. but they are barely recognizeable. It's not difficult to see where poor judgement was used, and where things must be set right - the question is does Epic see it? This "expansion" will pretty much tell us.

Comment

Working...
              X