Warfare - portals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warfare - portals

Is it my computer or are the portal a little slow or hard to go through, when i double click on it most of the time a do not get through quickly.

I then click as a madman trying to get through..or do i click wrong and should i bash my moue?

You can double click? I always assumed you were supposed to click e (use) and choose a destination... for ones in dm you don't need to click anything, you just walk through em.

Comment

I think he's talking about clicking the destinations on the other screen, after pressing "use".

Anyways, Rabbit, for me it works when I double click the node, but I'm usually pretty precise when it comes to aiming at them nodes. But come on, it's not like you have to pull off a mid-dodge shock combo, those are non-moving targets =)

Comment

Hey demoniac,
        what i mean is that i double click on the portal to get to a node where the orb is, i almost always have to double click like a mad man to get through to that node. Sometimes it goes like nothing, but most of the time i have to bash my mouse and slam it to the table to get through

I know that they are non-moving things but very annoying in the heat of a warfare match
        BTW i never use the "use" key to get there...hhhmmm...maybe thats why .......hhhhmmm let me think about that one

Comment

oops yes is use " use" and then click like a berked man

Comment

double clicking works fine for me, maybe your mouse is the problem? anyway, I have a bit different problem with portals. I don't get always teleported. I press use, I double click a node where I wanna go on the map and it "teleports / not teleports" me back to the same location where I was. And no, the node where I wanna go is NOT under attack. Sometimes it happens when I wanna teleport to our base which is not even linked to an enemy node. So it's not under attack for sure. Neither is the node I am standing at.

Comment

Sometimes weird stuff happens when the ping gets bad. Last couple days on UMG ping was all over the place.

Comment

does anyone else here who played UT2004 prefer the old method of teleporting straight from the nodes... I guess maybe it's just that I haven't gotten used to it. and the node teleporting did have its downsides I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Rabbit View Post
                  Is it my computer or are the portal a little slow or hard to go through, when i double click on it most of the time a do not get through quickly.

I then click as a madman trying to get through..or do i click wrong and should i bash my moue?
                  I suspect this is because, when the node is being shot at by enemies, you can't teleport. Is that the reason? If teleporting to a node doesn't work, try teleporting to the core when the enemy doesn't have your prime. If this always works, it means you were trying to go to a node that you're now allowed to and attributing it to lag or something else.

Comment

I sometimes have that same issue and know exactly what you're talking about. Once I clicked so many times that when I teleported, I shot a rocket at a wall and died from it. I think you just have to click right in the center of the node on the map. Or click "Teleport" at the bottom.

General question: When you single click on a node, it highlights it. What is the significance of the highlight? I haven't been able to figure out if this means whether it's your "preferred" node to spawn at or not.

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
                    does anyone else here who played UT2004 prefer the old method of teleporting straight from the nodes... I guess maybe it's just that I haven't gotten used to it. and the node teleporting did have its downsides I guess...
                    At first it was awkward for me because I would always walk to the node first to teleport; but now, I think it's so much better. Mainly because a node is a target. So if you're standing on it and looking at where to spawn, chances of you getting killed by people attacking the node are much higher. The teleporter is much better and I've successfully hidden behind them from other players.

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
                      Yes.

Running around looking for the node teleporter is a big annoyance if you are right by the node. Especially if the node teleporter is located, say, on a ledge (Powersurge? Serenity?) or otherwise obscured from LOS from the node itself.

I like the idea of the option of having node teleporters. But I like it as a complement to node teleporting.

I had plans to create a node to support this behavior, but the power node codes is extremely complex and the lack of interest reduced my desire to make one. I suppose a feasible workaround would be to place an invisible node teleporter where the node is.

Comment

I always guessed this feeling of clicking away, delayed teleport was due to team activity at the destination node ,that is to say, some other team member teleporting from another node under your control and thus you have to wait for them to clear.

On the other point, yes ,ut2004 node teleport was faster, more intuitive and generally superior , being able to notice if the node you planned hopping onto was going to come under attack before you did so was a big plus. Why epic felt the need to change it is anyone's guess,the same is true also of losing 1st person in vehicles, link gun chain linking -better in 2k4, that linking would surely come into play on tank crossing if we had it back.

Comment

Working...
                        X