- Multiplay opens www.pickups.gg! - Come and join in! -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- Multiplay opens www.pickups.gg! - Come and join in! -

Is a site designed pickups to you in a much easier form. Many people use IRC to access these pickup channels, but some people just can't understand that concept or have some other reason.

Pickups.gg or pickups.multiplay.co.uk puts IRC in the web browser and offers much more. You can add to a game, then join the server.

The website is still in it's BETA stages, so things won't always be perfect but the basis is there for you to come and join in Unreal Tournament 3 pickups, maybe even UT99 or UT2k4, it's up to you, along with several other games, it's surely a great place to improve your skills, and meet other players.

You'll be able to grab the demo of the last game you played soon, and hopefully many more great features will be implemented too!

So for those of you who might have wanted to play with a bigger challenge, or are just looking for some fun ggames, come and pop along via the web, and not just IRC.

So now thanks to the hard work from the guys at Multiplay.co.uk you can now access Multiplays selection of UT3/UT2l4/UT and many other games via the internet!

Go on! Join in!

It recommend you using this for playing warfare. 5v5 warfare games with good skill.
    If you want to learn to play better join the pickups.

But be aware that it's harder than the public matches.

Ow, and it's active. This evening:

12 @10MPUK|Pub3: This pickup took no time to gather

Some information about most played maps lately:

Most voted maps:

1. war-downtown was voted 5 times 15%
    2. war-avalanche was voted 5 times 15%
    3. war-floodgate was voted 5 times 15%
    4. war-intense was voted 4 times 12%
    5. war-islander was voted 2 times 6%
    6. war-marketdistrict-fe_beta was voted 2 times 6%
    7. war-dusk?linksetup=alt was voted 2 times 6%
    8. war-powersurge was voted 2 times 6%
    9. war-torlan was voted 2 times 6%
    10. war-serenity was voted 1 times 3%
    11. war-spambox was voted 1 times 3%
    12. war-torlan[ut2004] was voted 1 times 3%
    13. war-onyxcoast was voted 1 times 3%

Comment

We support (or in certain cases will be very soon)

UT3
      Warfare
      Bta
      Duel

2k4
      Onslaught
      TAM
      Duel

UT99
      CTF
      Duel

Comment

Pickups ftw!

Comment

Rob you forgot UT3 TDM 2v2

Comment

Great stuff! I'll be back soon guys... Work is hectic.

Comment

TDM 2v2 is new?

Comment

Speaking to the WAR Europe community, I just have to say again to those who play "pickups only" that they are contributing of killing UT3 for not joining the publics servers...

The very small UT3 community is divided between pubers and pugers that we never see in pubs wars whereas it shouldn"t be...

For the WAR pickups, u could delete imo, avalanche, islander and onyx coast, which are so much less good in 5v5 than in 12v12+.

Well hf with your pickups... and dont forget to support the public community.

Comment

Originally posted by Tenebre View Post
                  For the WAR pickups, u could delete imo, avalanche, islander and onyx coast, which are so much less good in 5v5 than in 12v12+.
                  If you don't like those maps, don't vote for them in the pickups. Your personal opinion isn't enough reason to remove the maps entirely :-)

Comment

No need to dont vote, because i dont play pugs. I just prefer publics games with lot of players, action and fun.

Islander is THE map which has to be played with a minimum of 20 players to balance game, same for onyxcoast, its my opinion and my observation after have played them in 5v5 and 16v16.. but if you like unbalanced games keep them in the mappool .
                    I agree that avalanche can be play in 5v5 but it wont give hudge fight like in a 16v16 war.

Comment

I can feel myself treading further and further off topic here (sorry Cr4zy), but I'd say Islander is imbalanced with lots of players, and less so with fewer. In a 16vs16 game, the orb's nearly useless for the attackers since you have to outmaneuver so many more players to cap the node.

Comment

Originally posted by demoniac View Post
                        I can feel myself treading further and further off topic here (sorry Cr4zy), but I'd say Islander is imbalanced with lots of players, and less so with fewer. In a 16vs16 game, the orb's nearly useless for the attackers since you have to outmaneuver so many more players to cap the node.
                        Depends on the players tactics; sure if everyone does their own thing and the orb runner left on their own it's pretty hopeless from that side, but if enough decent players provide themselves as front runners protecting the orb carrier + alerting them to the location of & taking out vehicles, ie. teamwork, it's usually always possible to cap.

Comment

Originally posted by Moloko View Post
                          Depends on the players tactics; sure if everyone does their own thing and the orb runner left on their own it's pretty hopeless from that side, but if enough decent players provide themselves as front runners protecting the orb carrier + alerting them to the location of & taking out vehicles, ie. teamwork, it's usually always possible to cap.
                          Yeah, but then again, we're talking about the pubs here ;P

Comment

hi i cant make a acound at pickups problem loading page

Comment

Originally posted by Tenebre View Post
                              because i dont play pugs. I just prefer publics games with lot of players, action and fun.

Islander is THE map which has to be played with a minimum of 20 players to balance game
                              yeah soz didn't read this first.

On the subject tho, I don't think islander is the worst map with big team numbers even on pubs, Downtown can be virtually game over with a tank in the prime along with a hellbender ,denying the deemer- should a losing team be lucky enough to get it (imo it should spawn in front of where the tank does, nearer the base , so the losing team- spawning close, in their base- get it most)

Back on topic, doesn't everyone think that the general standard has increased on pubs to the point where PUGs might not be as needed as they once were? It seems more or less a hardcore of regular experienced players now. Sure there is a wide variation in skill but overall the standard is generally consistently higher. I see less of the clueless types, running around in circles with the orb like you used to see, even if teamwork is obviously weaker than with the PUGs.

Comment

Working...
                              X