UE3 enhancements not coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UE3 enhancements not coming?

Does anybody knows whats coming after UT3 to PC? I´m interested due to the GoW2 UE3 GDC techdemo footage. That was some pretty interesting stuff. With GoW2 PC officialy denied again I´m still not able to find anything about the new UE3 features on PC.

Any news then?

Personaly I dont think we'll get anything and as a communaty we'll have to make it all ourselves.

It would be lovely though.

Comment

If your talking about Unreal Engine 3.5 Version there sure to be games released with that version tho It's unknown if Epic has intentions of adding those updates to UT3.

Also People Can Fly is working on a game to be published for PC as well consoles, not much info was given yet but it might use UE3.5 .

But it would be cool to get UT3 updated with those features.

Comment

That's precisely what I wondered about aswell - if us UT3 enthusiasts would get to enjoy the engine enhancements of Unreal Engine version 3.5 aswell.

Speculations go as far as Epic releasing a sequel to UT3 with the engine ehancements, just like they did with UT2k3/UT2k4...

I'd really like to hear some news 'bout that.

Comment

Conquest?

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMaster View Post
            If your talking about Unreal Engine 3.5 Version there sure to be games released with that version tho It's unknown if Epic has intentions of adding those updates to UT3.

Also People Can Fly is working on a game to be published for PC as well consoles, not much info was given yet but it might use UE3.5 .

But it would be cool to get UT3 updated with those features.
            How do you know they are working on something?
            Well, I can only pray that PCF is working on GoW2 port already (yes, officially denied, but you cannot be sure after all the info they are throwing at us, not to mention fakes and aprils fools). I love the GoW universe and the gameplay (even though the port was pretty crappy :/ imo).

Well, Im asking cause there could be done some pretty cool things with such features. The lightning itself is quite eye-popping... (GoW2)
            Some kind of expansion could be in place, or something new like UT2003/2004....

Comment

Originally posted by COGG1138 View Post
              How do you know they are working on something?
              Well, I can only pray that PCF is working on GoW2 port already (yes, officially denied, but you cannot be sure after all the info they are throwing at us, not to mention fakes and aprils fools). I love the GoW universe and the gameplay (even though the port was pretty crappy :/ imo).

Well, Im asking cause there could be done some pretty cool things with such features. The lightning itself is quite eye-popping... (GoW2)
              Some kind of expansion could be in place, or something new like UT2003/2004....
              If you read the news PFC (People Can Fly) wich belongs to Epic is working on a new game for PC, Xbox360 and PS3 to be published by EA.
              Anouncement here >> http://www.epicgames.com/press_releases/ea8212008.html

I'm just assuming since it's a Epic Subsidiary that its using Unreal Engine and it might be 3.5 version since it wouldn't make sense to be an earlier version.

Comment

Serioulsy, i really don't think UT3 will have Unreal Engine updates integrated in it. The patches Epic released for UT3 are only minor updates of UT3 and fixes. I've never seen Epic adding new Unreal Engine features in previous UT series with some kind of patch.
                So i guess we'll probably have to wait until UT4 so maybe within the next 2-3 years.
                With UT3 i don't understand why they left away FluidSurfaceInfo actor (was in UT2004) , it provided good rendering of waves for fluids ...

Comment

The wait for UT4 would be too long imo. But EPIC is quite anti PC-ish lately so they just pushed UT3 out of the house to get some feedback from PC gamers to optimize and left it there. UT3 lacks in many ways and those few improvements cant make it any better. It just to plain visible for me and only confirms that UT3 is a mere "testbed" for EPIC to get the optimisations.
                  I thought of UE quite highly, but with EPICs stance toward PC market Im not very impressed anymore. Hopefully it gets better again someday. Until then, I´ll pass...

Comment

Working...
                  X