Unreal Tournament 3: xbox 360 update october 10th 2008 error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flak View Post
    Because of the limited upstream bandwidth of cable modems, leaving voice always on in Unreal Tournament could cause significant hitching and lag issues because it could easily saturate the server’s bandwidth.

We have implemented a solution in the TU that hopefully addresses your needs. Rather than having to hold the button to talk, we’ve implemented “click to talk”. Press the talk button, and you get 10 seconds of talk time without having to hold it down. This is plenty of time for most normal conversation.
    I was not aware of the "click to talk" that was added to this patch. Which I am sure many of us weren't...

It would have been nice if "WE" the 360 community would have gotten a thread stating what the patch did for the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
      Because of the limited upstream bandwidth of cable modems, leaving voice always on in Unreal Tournament could cause significant hitching and lag issues because it could easily saturate the server’s bandwidth.

We have implemented a solution in the TU that hopefully addresses your needs. Rather than having to hold the button to talk, we’ve implemented “click to talk”. Press the talk button, and you get 10 seconds of talk time without having to hold it down. This is plenty of time for most normal conversation.
      Well I'm glad the PS3 version works the way it does. I don't uderstand on M/K why you can't have it open. I don't play with M/K but still gets on my nerves. All in all it works good on PS3. Thanks.

Comment

Hey everyone. I got a reply from steve polge at epics games.
        Here is his reply.

Steve Polge: "Because of the limited upstream bandwidth of cable modems, leaving voice always on in Unreal Tournament could cause significant hitching and lag issues because it could easily saturate the server’s bandwidth.

We have implemented a solution in the TU that is close to what you request below, and hopefully addresses your needs. Rather than having to hold the button to talk, we’ve implemented “click to talk”. Press the talk button, and you get 10 seconds of talk time without having to hold it down. This is plenty of time for most normal conversation.

- Steve

"

Comment

the game is way to fast the have to worry about pressing a button, I need to talk to my team I need to know who has the orb, if there is a tank or walker on the map, or simply wtf we are going to do, I play on a team and based on who we are playing, what map and whats happeining in the game, our strategy changes on fly I need that glitch to be put back if their worried about bandwith make punk *** gears of war have to press a button to talk

Comment

Working...
          X