Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[PS3] Midway servers now using new PC hosting software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PS3] Midway servers now using new PC hosting software?

I haven't played in a long time so this is all pretty anecdotal, but I jumped into a full Warfare game on a newly numbered Midway server just now. It played so incredibly smoothly that it was like playing against bots. Has anyone else played since the new server names started popping up?

All I know is that I've never played such a smooth game of Warfare on PS3. I was just thinking that it was pretty coincidental that we now have new names for the official servers after the patch that allows hosting from PC servers. All I know is that if you avoided the big servers before because of the choppy unplayability, try one out. Let me know if you had the same experience with the "new" servers that I had.

Yes, they are PC servers. Glad you are enjoying them!

Comment

Hey, thanks for the response

Well all I know is that the difference was immediately noticeable. I can't wait to get off work in the morning (3rd shift sucks) to play some more. So kudos, Epic!

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
        Yes, they are PC servers. Glad you are enjoying them!
        we're all waiting for you guys to make that software public, custom maps on these servers are gonna be euphoric

Comment

Yeah Grinchy, the new servers are super smooth. I can't remember the last time I played in a full-blown 8 on 8 Warfare server that didn't lag the hell out of me. Things seem to be on the up & up as far as connectivity is concerned.

Comment

Hope this is out before KillingSpree's tourny, it might make it even more awesome :P

Comment

Originally posted by J_Rivers View Post
              Yeah Grinchy, the new servers are super smooth. I can't remember the last time I played in a full-blown 8 on 8 Warfare server that didn't lag the hell out of me. Things seem to be on the up & up as far as connectivity is concerned.
              I saw you get on like right after I had gotten off, I wanted to play some with you but ended up refining a few spots on my LBP level. We should definitely play some soon.

Comment

yeah i have noticed u huge difference in these servers, very smooth!!! hope to continue to see improvements in this game...its the best game out there!

grinchy- that was my first encounter with you. you got some good aim and are tough to kill. ill have to keep two or more eyes on you! hope to see you around more often ~.^

Comment

Originally posted by MrGaMeOvEr View Post
                  yeah i have noticed u huge difference in these servers, very smooth!!! hope to continue to see improvements in this game...its the best game out there!

grinchy- that was my first encounter with you. you got some good aim and are tough to kill. ill have to keep two or more eyes on you! hope to see you around more often ~.^
                  haha thanks a lot man

If this is what we can expect from the servers, you'll be seeing a lot more of me

Comment

This is great news. I haven't gotten to play in the servers yet because I've just been testing some stuff off line, but now I am really looking forward to getting back online. I hope it's as good as you all say it is.

Thanks Epic. I look forward to the software being made available to us.

Comment

Small question, since severs are now hosted via PC, would it make an impact on the PS3 if you upped the maximum player count now?

Comment

Originally posted by Grinchy View Post
                        haha thanks a lot man

If this is what we can expect from the servers, you'll be seeing a lot more of me
                        yeah ive been playing this game since the beginning and this is the best the main servers have ever ran. i really hope to see more with these. like maybe have them based like the pc versions of the map. 32 players, more vehicles, more turrents and still running smooth. and i wonder when they will have all the stock maps available in the mains servers. i still dont know why they are not in all the servers. it sucks you have to host or down load new maps to play them.

btw, add me on psn ~.^

Comment

i remember playing with grinchy a long time ago.. quality player

Comment

i played midways and didnt notice a difference

Comment

yah i noticed that too phantaci, i seen some servers that were silky smooth and then there were a few that ran like the old servers...

Comment

Working...
                              X