What's Unlockable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's Unlockable?

Hello, I'm new here, so I'll get to the point. At the end of the campaign, Reaper does his thing, declaring "you're next Malcom"! Is this a sign of things to come or is there an unlockable level here?

No unlockable level, only unlockable characters, and he was just settings up the next games story (probobly).

Comment

Originally posted by Drvanvanmojo View Post
      and he was just settings up the next games story (probobly).
      Dear God, I hope not. They really need to deep six this story thing. Actually, it's kind of a poetically just ending if Reaper bites it. That would be its only redeeming feature.

Comment

Thank you for your response, it's greatly appreciated. I see the campaign mode in a game like this, the same way I see forms being used in martial arts. It helps the player learn what techniques work in different situations and enviroments.

Comment

Yeah the campaign is nice, especially if you use it for map and gametype orientation. I never played the 2k~ series so the campaign was immensly helpful to get used to warfare and vehicles altogether. I also enjoyed the cutscenes and character development.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseoldshooter View Post
            Thank you for your response, it's greatly appreciated. I see the campaign mode in a game like this, the same way I see forms being used in martial arts. It helps the player learn what techniques work in different situations and enviroments.
            The thing is, they could have just done a ladder like the previous games, and reallocated the time and effort spent on the "campaign" to some of the other areas of the game that seriously needed more attention.

Originally posted by Hojunhu View Post
            I also enjoyed the cutscenes and character development.
            Lol, I didn't notice any character development!

Comment

Originally posted by U-R-K View Post
              Lol, I didn't notice any character development!
              It wasn't major, but I felt sad when Jester died, but that's probably just me.

Comment

There is a single player story line ! I went striaght into multiplayer. LOL

Comment

It wasn't major, but I felt sad when Jester died, but that's probably just me.
                  I felt sad when Jester died.

There is character development but I dont think people get most of it. Not even the developers sometimes.

I did wish there was alot more though. Its not so bad haveing character development and a storyline if you can skip bits if you dont like doing that and just like the gameplay. I happen to like storylines weather in a tornimant setting or not.

It was nice to see a little more of the workings of the hole world in which its set.

EDIT: I hate my spelling!

Comment

Strangely enough, I felt sad when Jester died too! how amazing.

I did wish the campaign was more do more exotic missions than just complete CTfs or death matches. And the explanations they did for CTF " the flags disable some sorta translocator" or something is a poor excuse to have a flag.

Comment

I'm not sure if the whole story should follow on, but the tutorial map in the next game could involve Reaper fighting his way out of Sentinel or something, or possibly reviving Jester if they have the technology to do so - maybe she isn't quite dead yet in the time ut3 is set in

Comment

i think she is better of dead , i was sick of her annoying remarks like "SEEYA" and ...well just her lol!

Comment

i hated to see Akasha die though she was my favourite charector......( sniff)

Comment

Originally posted by Kazimira View Post
                            Its not so bad haveing character development and a storyline if you can skip bits if you dont like doing that and just like the gameplay. I happen to like storylines weather in a tornimant setting or not.
                            Yeah, but it was just a bad development decision. There were a lot of things in the game that needed more work, clearly they ran out of time. If they hadn't been screwing around trying to cram in a storyline that totally did not even fit the game, maybe they could have worked on other parts instead.

Sure, I can skip a cut-scene, I can skip the whole campaign. But that won't give me a workable UI.

But I will say this: if Reaper and his buds die at the end, and the moral of the story is that blindly chasing revenge without thought leads to more loss, then maybe the poor story isn't a total loss.

Comment

Originally posted by U-R-K View Post
                              The thing is, they could have just done a ladder like the previous games, and reallocated the time and effort spent on the "campaign" to some of the other areas of the game that seriously needed more attention.
                              +1000!

Seriously, ditch the campaign! It's absolutely awful, shallow and loaded with pricky arguments such as "the flags disable their respawner" - oh, come the **** on! What is this? Absolutely idiotic!

It's a real disaster that at the beginning I have to endure this catastrophically bad made up wannabe war plot uselessness just to get accomodated with the gametypes. Gimme a tutorial like in the previous games instead, for ****'s sake! This is pathetic. I quit the campaign soon as I knew basic stuff and continued to practice in instant action. I'm really happy that there are no unlockable maps (would have been really painful going though that **** campaign just for a map or two), I don't care about the characters at all.

Bring the ******* awesome tournament feeling back! We don't need necris tentacles evading everything, cocky deathmatches in a war canvas atmosphere, we just need a big tournament with lotsa fighters, lotsa kickarse and lots of don't-take-it seriously, right in-your-face action! We need Unreal TOURNAMENT! The game's title suggests it! So BRING IT BACK TO US!

Comment

Working...
                              X