Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a Logitech G9 mouse better than the MX510?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is a Logitech G9 mouse better than the MX510?

Hi everyone. Currently I am using a Logitech MX Revolution mouse, which is one of the best office mice ever, but it doesn't exactly do wonders for me during UT3 gameplay. There are mainly two other mice I'm looking at, the Logitech G9 and the MX510, since both are supposedly good gaming mice and because they are similar in shape and curve to my MX Revolution. Does anybody have an opinion on which is the better mouse? Thanks!

em im not sure 2 good mice there....

Comment

mx518 is a beast.

Comment

Well, I can't compare, but I made a lot of frags with my mx518.
        The buttons for changing the resolution are not easily operated during a game, though. So I usually play with an intermediate sensitivity and don't change it.

Comment

id go with a g9 over an mx518, unless the g9 is the wireless one,

Comment

Originally posted by Deadaim View Post
            id go with a g9 over an mx518, unless the g9 is the wireless one,
            It is. They have a Wired one but it had a vary limited run. IMHO if your on a laptop PC get the new Microsoft folding Wireless mouse. (is fast enough for on the go browsing but for Gameing have a good wired one ready.) IMHO Logitech makes the best mice for the brice. They last a long time and have great drivers.

(Just instaled the latest Drivers for my MX518 and love it I can do just about anything with this one mouse!)

Comment

Thank you for the feedback guys. The MX518 it is!

Comment

whats the difference between a normal mouse and a good one? gameplay wise

Comment

It's like the difference between playing at 20 fps and 60 fps. A good mouse can help a lot.

G9 rules I love the fly wheel. I have the thumb buttons configured for weapon switch avril / link gun (warfare player). They are $99 and I gladly paid for three of them (two for home, one for work).

They still sell wired G9's, btw. All of my G9s are the wired version (hate batteries/chargers).

When looking for a mouse the most important things are DPI resolution, button placement, and sensor position. By sensor position I mean the placement of the optical sensor underneath the mouse. You want that to be right under the tip of your index finger if possible. G9 is not so good about that. G9 sensor is centered more around the fulcrum of a pencil when held for writing, which works, but under the tip of the index finger is better for twitch gaming IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantaci View Post
                    Gamer mice will have higher dpi resolutions than your typical mouse. That allows gamers to aim more accurately. Lots of buttons is also good, placed in ergonomically optimal positions. Well shaped, good weight, nice paint job, etc.

There may be other considerations. Like some people eschew your wireless mice for example, citing lag.

I've been using a Logitech MX510 for a long time now. Maybe someday I'll wear it out and get an MX518, but I'm not sure if there'd be any actual improvement or not.

Comment

Originally posted by dickbird View Post
                      I've been using a Logitech MX510 for a long time now. Maybe someday I'll wear it out and get an MX518, but I'm not sure if there'd be any actual improvement or not.
                      I think you probably would notice an improvement, the 518 doubled the DPI of the 510.

Comment

G9! G9! G9!
                        I cant say how much I love this mouse. It has lasted longer than the other Logitech mice that ive previously owned, which was the G5 and G7. Those both lasted only a year before I destroyed them from harsh gaming haha. The G9 is very solid and feels like it will last me a few years.

Comment

When my current one wears out, I plan on buying my 3rd MX518 just because I like it so much!

Comment

Originally posted by dickbird View Post
                            Gamer mice will have higher dpi resolutions than your typical mouse. That allows gamers to aim more accurately. Lots of buttons is also good, placed in ergonomically optimal positions. Well shaped, good weight, nice paint job, etc.

There may be other considerations. Like some people eschew your wireless mice for example, citing lag.

thanks

Comment

this might sound dumb but how do joysticks work on the pc version of ut3 if at all.
                              im just curious.

i've been using the mouse lately on the ps3. mouse in my right hand controller in my right, a home made frag fx. i think the keyboard is gay for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                              X