Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is there going to be more maps for ut3 on xbox 360?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there going to be more maps for ut3 on xbox 360?

i love ut games been playing since the first one came out i have ut3 on 360 and love it.not as good as pc version but dont have a good enuf pc to play it.but i would love more maps for the 360 version does anybody know if there going to be more maps avalible for 360 soon or in the future?thanks

mesmerizing or memorizing? (your sig)

The only thing I heard was that some of the popular content from the PS3 and PC would be made downloadable content. Iono though.

Comment

thanks for the reply and thanks for correction of my sig

Comment

Probably only if you buy MS points through live.

Comment

I heard that the 360 version cant support custom maps, so probably not

Comment

360 allowes custom content to a great degree... However, microsoft does not allow it on Live!... Kinda of a dilemma right?

To be honest I think they will release maps and patches etc.... Around 2010?

Comment

If they could offer even a stripped down version of UnrealEd, something along the lines of Forge, I think it would boost the XBOX UT community a lot.

Even a feces-ish game like Far Cry had a map editor.

Considering how competitive and dominant Microsoft views itself on the market, I'm surprised that they let Sony get ahead of them in the custom content aspect of this game.

Comment

Wrong. The UnrealEd uses up about 1.5 gigs or so, there is no way to use a "stripped down" version. It's just not possible.

Comment

Originally posted by XeroImpact View Post
                  If they could offer even a stripped down version of UnrealEd, something along the lines of Forge, I think it would boost the XBOX UT community a lot.

Even a feces-ish game like Far Cry had a map editor.

Considering how competitive and dominant Microsoft views itself on the market, I'm surprised that they let Sony get ahead of them in the custom content aspect of this game.
                  That wouldn't be a stripped down version, it'd be a completely different editor. It's like calling the ability to scale and crop images on a PS3 (and I assume 360) a stripped down version of photoshop. The map editors that most console players are used to are nothing compared to UEd, and at this point I'd rather just have epic work on making new content and patching the game than making an inferior editor that'll only be able to produce maps that are ultimately inferior to maps produced by the PC editor of epic themselves.

Comment

Glass is half-empty eh?

I mentioned UnrealEd because it exists as the current Unreal map editor. The "something along the lines of Forge" part must have escaped you.

Name it whatever the fugg ya want, the point is that some sort of Map editor for Unreal 360 would help the 360 community grow.

Better?

Comment

Originally posted by XeroImpact View Post
                      Glass is half-empty eh?

I mentioned UnrealEd because it exists as the current Unreal map editor. The "something along the lines of Forge" part must have escaped you.

Name it whatever the fugg ya want, the point is that some sort of Map editor for Unreal 360 would help the 360 community grow.

Better?
                      stripping a few features is easier than programming a new editor and that's what they'd have to do to make what you're suggesting. It'd make more sense for them just to focus on patches.

Comment

Fully agreed that patches, fixes, and improvements should be the main priority. However, I wouldn't simply sweep ideas off the table that could possibly improve the sales and population of this game, especially considering the lack of features the 360 community has compared to the PC and PS3 communities.

Much of what is lacking can most likely be attributed to Microsoft's apparent stance on the subject of mods and user-created content, not to mention the Certification process that developer offerings have to go through to be seen by the 360 users.

Something like a "U-Forge" (ooh can you hear the salivating of copyright infringement lawyers...) would effectively bypass much of the red tape hassles that new content has to go through, and give the 360 community the ability to alter and tweak things instead of complaining about it.

Comment

FarCry was a far far better game than Halo.

Comment

Originally posted by Smood View Post
                            FarCry was a far far better game than Halo.
                            First of all, thats not what this thread about is about.
                            Seconf all, 99% of the games ever released are better than Halo

Ontopic, though, I think Microsoft should really change their policies about custom content. But will they? Nope.

Comment

Nothing has been announced.

Comment

Working...
                              X