Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To date, I still believe Unreal Tournament 3 has the best gameplay ever to exist.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    Dodge jump makes the gameplay for duel/dm already the best. There is no other game where you can such a good movement/short cuts with dodge.

    Comment


      #62
      Originally posted by s8nskeep View Post
      3 problems with UT3 - Orb, no assault and UI crazyness. Fix this and then UT3 is greatest game ever.
      The orb is only in warfare. If you don't like it play vCTF or those pointless remake maps.

      Comment


        #63
        Originally posted by Hojunhu View Post
        The orb is only in warfare. If you don't like it play vCTF or those pointless remake maps.
        But I like onslaught/warfare without orbs. Not vehicle capture the flag. Quite a difference.

        Not saying my opinion should be forced on everyone, but its a bit ridiculous to suggest that because a large part of the community don't like orbs they should just play VCTF.

        Comment


          #64
          You guys do know there's a stock mutator that removes orbs right...

          Comment


            #65
            Originally posted by Harmatia View Post
            I just wanted to come out and say that. I truly and deeply still love the gameplay of UT3. Nothing else can touch it, and its a game where, any time a friend sees me playing it, they are truly wowed by it. The beautiful simplicity and flow of warfare (imho, sans orb), the intensity of DM and CTF, the fun of VCTF...

            I pray that there is a UT 2009. If Epic had released without all of the silly little bugs that people overreacted to, had some better marketing (not necessarily in terms of advertising, but reviews, previews, etc), and perhaps included some kind of leveling system to keep casual players addicted to online player, regardless of if they usually got owned... I feel Ut3 could have been an amazing success. The potential is still there if Epic acts soon, and released an updated version while UE3 and the maps included in Ut3 are still near the peak of technology.
            AGREE! UT3 is the best UT yet... if it had been polished and finished and tested, it would have succeeded beyond all previous versions...

            Comment


              #66
              Originally posted by Harmatia View Post
              Not saying my opinion should be forced on everyone, but its a bit ridiculous to suggest that because a large part of the community don't like orbs they should just play VCTF.
              You're right, but the orb makes warfare. Onslaught stayed in UT2004. Some PC players are making an Onslaught 2.0 mut though.

              Comment


                #67
                I'm afraid it's too hard to look past the core engine bugs that have existed since 99 and mouse input that hooks in with framerate, among other things. Gameplay is good but could definitely be better, not much different than the rest of the bunch in that regard.

                Comment


                  #68
                  I only have 2 complaints:

                  1). Whenever I latch on to a passing vehicle, the driver always whips me around like a trout lure until I smash into a rock. How inconsiderate.

                  2). Every time I graciously give someone a tow they utterly fail to hang on through even the gentlest of evasive maneuvers. Get coordinated, people.

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Originally posted by dickbird View Post
                    I only have 2 complaints:

                    1). Whenever I latch on to a passing vehicle, the driver always whips me around like a trout lure until I smash into a rock. How inconsiderate.

                    2). Every time I graciously give someone a tow they utterly fail to hang on through even the gentlest of evasive maneuvers. Get coordinated, people.
                    its not just about attaching to the back of a manta there are techniques that have to be followed to hold on with least amount of damage and to drive with causing the least amount of damage.

                    First thing you should know is if you see a Scorpion, get off your hover board. I'd be happy to show some guys basic techniques. All you gotta do go to our forums and set an appointment for lessons on our private server.

                    Comment


                      #70
                      Originally posted by Wrathchild73 View Post
                      its not just about attaching to the back of a manta there are techniques that have to be followed to hold on with least amount of damage
                      Oh yeah I know, I was just making with a bit of satire there.

                      I do know one thing that helps me when hitching a ride is, to stay as close to the tow vehicle as possible. Anticipate its moves, move with it, keep the tow line short. That prevents a lot of whipping around.

                      Comment


                        #71
                        what works best, keep both the forward an crouch button pressed, somehow crouching helps..
                        don't release crouch because you'll do tricks and fall on the ground, and that should also be fixed btw

                        Comment


                          #72
                          If you're driving a Manta and towing someone and you really have to jump, slow down as you touch back down. This causes the towee to overshoot slightly and land on top of you, taking no damage and remaining grappled.

                          Comment


                            #73
                            Originally posted by dickbird View Post
                            Oh yeah I know, I was just making with a bit of satire there.

                            I do know one thing that helps me when hitching a ride is, to stay as close to the tow vehicle as possible. Anticipate its moves, move with it, keep the tow line short. That prevents a lot of whipping around.
                            Originally posted by Ronvdl View Post
                            what works best, keep both the forward an crouch button pressed, somehow crouching helps..
                            don't release crouch because you'll do tricks and fall on the ground, and that should also be fixed btw

                            Your both right those are basically the key techniques. In competitive playing its important to practice it, but in public servers its really hard to get a good ride most people are selfish and think about themselves before the team, which gets you killed most of the time. What I always do is follow the orb carrier 8 outta 10 times he gets killed or drops the orb so I just go in and take it. I love coming in to a node with 5 defenders and still take the node you can feel how ****** they get lol. To die is part of the game it what you do before dieing that counts!!!!!!!!!!

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Gameplay in Warfare looks worse than ONS at first, but is actually way better once you get used to it. I really hated the orb in the beginning and wanted to run a server without the orb, but yeah, all the node setups etc. in the stock maps are designed with the orb in mind.

                              Once I started getting used to the flow, I started hating ONS because it had no orb! Even now I HATE the 2k4 map remakes in 2004 without orbs except for really small maps like spambox. I think you should try sticking with warfare and play or spec a bit more to start appreciating the gameplay.

                              Comment


                                #75
                                I look at this game as more like a new UT2k3 - needs more polish, but the base gameplay is there. I still expect this game to be given the UT2k4 treatment, and I think we'll see a lot of issues rectified similarily.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X