Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To date, I still believe Unreal Tournament 3 has the best gameplay ever to exist.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Originally posted by gargorias View Post
    If there was a midgame map menu (like 2k3-4) and my mutators and skill level were saved and botcount was loaded from the map then I wouldn't have any quarms in saying this is the greatest game ever. Hopefully these issues will be fixed in time - that would be excellent!
    MapMixer
    http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=615250

    Download it, Read the readme file, install it, run it, learn it, then you'll have "your" greatest game ever. Has a bit of a learning curve but trust me it's worth it.

    Comment


      #47
      I share my opinion with loads of people here, feels good to know that you people think the same. I have wrote a thread about this previously but it got blocked or so. UT3 gameplay is awesome indeed, it was the UT game of all ut series that suited more my gamestyle and despite the bugs and so on I kept playing it because the gameplay was so good. Like someone said I hope epic does the same like they did with UT2003, releasing UT2004 was a breath of fresh air and everyone liked it (despite some whine about hitscan and shieldgun it was a good game, mainly tdm even). If you guys over at epic manage to fix the annoying bugs that UT3 has and a better GUI, with a decent buddy system and serverbrowser and so on we will have for sure the best UT3 ever with probably the biggest or one of the biggest communities ever. Would be good that the next UT would be user friendly, like installing maps easily, not the my games thing that is totally screwed up. Would be good if epic could listen to the competitive community aswell and maybe even work with them (faust or lotus from utcomp are doing a great job making clientside demorec possible, for example.). So please epic, next time, listen to the community and u'll make the best game ever with ease. We truly need the UT active community feeling again, and UT being picked for big events around the world also, like the ESWC, WCG and so on, it truly feels frustrating to watch a game with such potential, fading away from those main events, and quakelive/q3 getting picked meanwhile.

      Comment


        #48
        Originally posted by hypno View Post
        I share my opinion with loads of people here, feels good to know that you people think the same. I have wrote a thread about this previously but it got blocked or so. UT3 gameplay is awesome indeed, it was the UT game of all ut series that suited more my gamestyle and despite the bugs and so on I kept playing it because the gameplay was so good. Like someone said I hope epic does the same like they did with UT2003, releasing UT2004 was a breath of fresh air and everyone liked it (despite some whine about hitscan and shieldgun it was a good game, mainly tdm even). If you guys over at epic manage to fix the annoying bugs that UT3 has and a better GUI, with a decent buddy system and serverbrowser and so on we will have for sure the best UT3 ever with probably the biggest or one of the biggest communities ever. Would be good that the next UT would be user friendly, like installing maps easily, not the my games thing that is totally screwed up. Would be good if epic could listen to the competitive community aswell and maybe even work with them (faust or lotus from utcomp are doing a great job making clientside demorec possible, for example.). So please epic, next time, listen to the community and u'll make the best game ever with ease. We truly need the UT active community feeling again, and UT being picked for big events around the world also, like the ESWC, WCG and so on, it truly feels frustrating to watch a game with such potential, fading away from those main events, and quakelive/q3 getting picked meanwhile.
        I'd just be happy if Epic knew who you were... I sure do! Now if only I could get more demos of you crazy euros to watch while I'm eating like I did in UT2004...

        Comment


          #49
          Originally posted by nthexwn View Post
          I'd just be happy if Epic knew who you were... I sure do! Now if only I could get more demos of you crazy euros to watch while I'm eating like I did in UT2004...
          there are some demos @ www.unrealnorth.com and you can watch also some games @ www.quadv.com that is a bit better since you dont need all the files and so on, it's streaming (sort by game, ut3, etc). And if you want I can send you the FGL (www.fgleague.com) final vs kiLLzA that never got uploaded to any site, so far.

          Might be usefull to show this also, few months ago i travelled to london to the play.com tournament, that was probably the biggest tournament UT3 will ever see, it was held in Wembley Stadium, london, against the best UT players in europe. Well', it's here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYyXQ...eature=related .

          The tournament went quite well and was extremely skilled, with all the people putting so much effort into it because of the prize money, unfortunately the coverage wasn't the best as the admins really didn't know what they were doing, quadV.com should have been there, and so on. Actually there's only demo of the final because myself logged into admin and recorded it, otherwise there wouldn't be any demo of it.

          This probably happened also because there was only possible to server-side demorec and UTComp at that time was quite primitive, and really didn't have auto demorec stuff. The coverage wasn't awesome aswell because of the lack of UTV for example. If stuff like this as I said before gets fixed, the demoplayback, the UTV stuff, and so on, UT will be UT again, and even better, probably.

          Comment


            #50
            ah I think I've seen those demos already. I was wondering why you were logging into webadmin on the tournament server... lol

            Big LAN events never seem to go smoothly and the current state of UT3 sure doesn't help much!

            Congrats on the 20,000 and even bigger props for sharing it! Hadn't heard about that part of the story before.

            Comment


              #51
              Yeah well I just thought it was retarded since the very first time they announced it. play.com just wanted a big cheque saying 20k pounds, but in the end they really didn't promote it. About UT3 being picked for big lan events, it just needs what I already said before, btw faust meanwhile released the last beta for utcomp, with some cool features @ http://www.unrealnorth.com/blog.php?...857&tBlog=user

              Comment


                #52
                I'm just sad it is impossible to somehow make the next installment to be as fun as the first Unreal Tournament. But even then, Unreal Tournament has always been my favorite FPS.

                Comment


                  #53
                  Unreal Tournament 3 is a decent game, but I think that EPICs other title (Gears of War) is a better and much more fun game.

                  -Marth

                  Comment


                    #54
                    I love UT3, but I still think that Unreal Championship 2 was alot more fun.
                    http://www.metacafe.com/watch/525556...onship_2_xbox/
                    http://www.spike.com/video/unreal-ch...4&numPerPage=9

                    Too bad it never came out on PC

                    Comment


                      #55
                      TimeSplitters: Future Perfect is the best gameplay ever to exist in my book. I would still be playing it if the servers werent shut down.

                      1: TimeSplitters: Future Perfect
                      2: Unreal Tournament 3
                      3: 007 Agent Under Fire/Nightfire/Goldeneye

                      best FPS'z i ever played.

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Originally posted by hypno View Post
                        there are some demos @ www.unrealnorth.com and you can watch also some games @ www.quadv.com that is a bit better since you dont need all the files and so on, it's streaming (sort by game, ut3, etc). And if you want I can send you the FGL (www.fgleague.com) final vs kiLLzA that never got uploaded to any site, so far.
                        That comeback on Gritt was amazing. I really enjoyed watching that.

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Thanks for the heads-up on the new UTComp!

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Originally posted by hypno View Post
                            Might be usefull to show this also, few months ago i travelled to london to the play.com tournament, that was probably the biggest tournament UT3 will ever see, it was held in Wembley Stadium, london, against the best UT players in europe. Well', it's here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYyXQ...eature=related .
                            Está altamente
                            Nice interview

                            Comment


                              #59
                              3 problems with UT3 - Orb, no assault and UI crazyness. Fix this and then UT3 is greatest game ever.

                              Comment


                                #60
                                Originally posted by black_star View Post
                                That comeback on Gritt was amazing. I really enjoyed watching that.
                                thank you was quite lucky there tho!

                                Originally posted by Benfica View Post
                                Está altamente
                                Nice interview .
                                Obrigado, portugueses por estas bandas, nice

                                Originally posted by nxthexwn View Post
                                Thanks for the heads-up on the new UTComp!
                                We truly should thanks faust. Lotus made the first UTComp for UT3 but then left the project cuz of personal reasons I think, faust, the russian guy lately have been doing several and critical updates to utcomp that is making the game better and better, it's really nice what he's doing.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X