Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To date, I still believe Unreal Tournament 3 has the best gameplay ever to exist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
    UT3 is the fastest, most intense, and most right up in your face killing game ever!
    Warsow is a lot faster, but UT3 more than makes up for that in style points!

Comment

QW is even faster than Warsow, but the UT series has always been more fun than Quake in my eyes, simply because of the movement.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadaim View Post
        q***e 1 was the best game ever made
        He mentioned the other game! Get him!

Comment

Originally posted by unhappy_meal View Post
          I'd love to see a UT4 released with at least one conceptually-simple-yet-incredibly-deep large-scale gametype, but I'm not optimistic that this is gonna happen anytime soon.... hey, I comment because I still care
          Agreed 100%. We almost got there with custom 32 player maps for ut2004. But UT3 went into a more confined direction. I love freedom to outflank my oponents, to use stealth and find obscure routes - and there isn't the space to do that in UT3.

The orb works to fix the stalemates of ut2004, but online the noob with the orb is a massive problem. (I don't call new players noob but if my teammate takes the orb at the start of Torlan and goes to capture the useless center node one more time...... grrrrrr.......) (\endrant)

Comment

Originally posted by rhiridflaidd View Post
            Agreed 100%. We almost got there with custom 32 player maps for ut2004. But UT3 went into a more confined direction. I love freedom to outflank my oponents, to use stealth and find obscure routes - and there isn't the space to do that in UT3.
            Custom maps ftw MoltenCore, BeachFront, SpamBox, InfectionForest ..., they either don't have Orb or are large scale

Comment

been playing this game for 276 nights now... its the trade mark epic map design that blows me away...

awesome gameplay if you ask me... but there are many many bad things that out weigh the good things...

Comment

Yeah, honestly I think UT3 might be the game I have spend the most hours on in my life. Even more than Guild Wars for 2 years (approx 300-400hrs), because I sometimes played this game everyday for hours until morning. Now thats saying alot.

Comment

I love Unreal aswell... how much do I love unreal and all its games? well.. this much

oh yeah..

Comment

been playing since the first unreal single player. and is the only game i play regularly others i look at occasionally but this is the one.

Comment

Best ever to exist? I really don't think so, but it's pretty fast which is nice, and undervalued in modern games. There's endless discussions about what's wrong with UT3, where it succeeds and doesn't, what it's missing from other versions and should have had, but going by just gameplay, I think it could have more interesting weapons (less direct-fire/hitscan stuff). The jump height is really low. And it's really fatalistic...you can't really survive long enough to enjoy firefights a lot of the time, even if they are fun, but maps themselves can do a lot to improve that.

Comment

Originally posted by rhiridflaidd View Post
                        I really didn't like the claustrophobic spaces and hallways in the default maps either, keep an eye out for out a map I'm trying to throw into MSUC phase 2, DM-Plaza...works best with 32 players..Definitely got away from that confined feeling.

Comment

It'd be the shortest I've played a UT game for, yes gameplay is nice and fast by todays standards and enjoyable in that sense. My problem is the lack of polish in some areas, many things feel unfinished by Epics standards. Lots of prerelease features seem to have gotten lost somewhere.

I'll be extremely weary of a UT4 but hope it'll be worthy of the series title. I'd love it to be as finely tuned and featured as Epics FPS origins were.

Comment

If there was a midgame map menu (like 2k3-4) and my mutators and skill level were saved and botcount was loaded from the map then I wouldn't have any quarms in saying this is the greatest game ever. Hopefully these issues will be fixed in time - that would be excellent!

Comment

Originally posted by Taboen View Post
                              I agree, UT3's gameplay is great but it seems like Epic stopped putting any effort in actually bringing this game to many people, if you look at the state in it was released and so forth.

Anywho: http://clanbase.ggl.com/news.php?nid=299500
                              I hope the rumour is true, because even EA knows these things better than Epic, at the moment. Your thoughts?
                              http://clanbase.ggl.com/news.php?nid=299621 It's not gonna happen....

Comment

And it does..... (now WTH did that Alien Sands PS3 mod go?!)

UT3 is the best shooter on the planet.

Comment

Working...
                                X