Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To date, I still believe Unreal Tournament 3 has the best gameplay ever to exist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To date, I still believe Unreal Tournament 3 has the best gameplay ever to exist.

I just wanted to come out and say that. I truly and deeply still love the gameplay of UT3. Nothing else can touch it, and its a game where, any time a friend sees me playing it, they are truly wowed by it. The beautiful simplicity and flow of warfare (imho, sans orb), the intensity of DM and CTF, the fun of VCTF...

I pray that there is a UT 2009. If Epic had released without all of the silly little bugs that people overreacted to, had some better marketing (not necessarily in terms of advertising, but reviews, previews, etc), and perhaps included some kind of leveling system to keep casual players addicted to online player, regardless of if they usually got owned... I feel Ut3 could have been an amazing success. The potential is still there if Epic acts soon, and released an updated version while UE3 and the maps included in Ut3 are still near the peak of technology.

UT3 has the best gameplay for 1v1 and TDM imo.
    The bugs, lack of features, and little content when compared to previous UT's outweighed the good elements.

Comment

im glad we still have more than 5 computers with UT3 on playable demos at work. One setup is even on a HP Blackbird002 with a 32" LCD.
      Some people still have never heard of this game, but Im thankful that the people I work with know what it is and are still trying to promote the greatness that is UT.

Comment

UT4 please!

Comment

Agreed its my favourite PS3 title by far (and it has tough competition. )

Comment

only game i play.

Comment

Agreed. UT3's gameplay is awesome.

Comment

Fully agreed, UT = Best sci-fi shooter.

Great gameplay, great variety.

Spread the word.

Comment

completely agreed!
                  UT3 is so great but it's a shame people don't look past the crappy UI and the bugs..

the problem with UT3 is, you have to play it for a while to see why it's so great

Comment

I agree completely.

UT3's gameply is fast, but it allows you to strategyze while you fight.
                    But it's also nice if you're mad and want to reduce someone to bacon!

Comment

The only way the game is going to get the respect it deserves is with a re-release that has all the features we expect in a modern shooter and the polish of a finished game. It's a shame that a game this good at it's core is marred by so many mistakes on Epics part, they managed to screw up 3 separate releases...

Comment

Originally posted by Tailsnake View Post
                        It's a shame that a game this good at it's core is marred by so many mistakes on Epics part, they managed to screw up 3 separate releases...
                        Took the words right out of my mouth. UT is my favorite series of all time, and the state of UT3's community is, quite literally, depressing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tailsnake View Post
                          The only way the game is going to get the respect it deserves is with a re-release that has all the features we expect in a modern shooter and the polish of a finished game. It's a shame that a game this good at it's core is marred by so many mistakes on Epics part, they managed to screw up 3 separate releases...
                          Like I said, UT4 please! This whole thing reeks of how they remedied UT2003 by releasing UT2004. Might as well stick to a tried and true formula Epic!

Comment

I agree, UT3's gameplay is great but it seems like Epic stopped putting any effort in actually bringing this game to many people, if you look at the state in it was released and so forth.

Anywho: http://clanbase.ggl.com/news.php?nid=299500
                            I hope the rumour is true, because even EA knows these things better than Epic, at the moment. Your thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Taboen View Post
                              I agree, UT3's gameplay is great but it seems like Epic stopped putting any effort in actually bringing this game to many people, if you look at the state in it was released and so forth.

Anywho: http://clanbase.ggl.com/news.php?nid=299500
                              I hope the rumour is true, because even EA knows these things better than Epic, at the moment. Your thoughts?
                              With how well Criteron is supporting Burnout Paradise maybe the financial backing of EA is what epic needs.

Comment

Working...
                              X