Is this game worth the $?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    the game is worth 50 bucks if it was active.. problem is on the pc the community isnt strong enough for it to be considered great.. a great shooter should provide you the oppurtunity for nightly clan battles etc.. yea you can find 1 team game going on probably at any given time but thats far from a community

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UT3 is worth no more than $15 IMO. Be glad you didn't pre-order.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes!!!!get it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I would have bought it when it came out... couldnt even run the demo. now that i finally got around to building a new pc (mostly... because I wanted UT3 real bad!) i picked it up for $20 at target. SO worth the money.

side note... where do u see your deaths?? i only see the kills when i check the score. (just got this 3 days ago so dont bash me for not knowing. some a$$hole in game made fun of me for not finding the control settings...sorry i didnt see the **** button in a place where it shouldnt have been.)

so, hell yeah. go buy it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by FourEyes View Post
    I think it is worth it, but of course it depends on the person.

in addition to what mrkd said:
    - can you keep going even when loosing all the time?
    at least on the pc (Dont play on console) you are likely to run into people who have practiced ut constantly the last 10 years and you end up with a 0 kills to 50 deaths score, but when you get over the initial bump (even if the score is 4 kills to 30 deaths) its a lot of fun imo
    I forgot to add that important info, too many years of experience to play against; I think is one of the main problems with games than span several versions.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's cheap at any price. No other game like it, not even close. It's just a fantastic experience playing online with all the very talented other players. Anyone who does not at least try it has no clue what they are missing. It's fragtastic!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by marketpantry View Post
    the pc version is 1/3 the price of the console versino and i would think the pc version is better. why not getthe pc version if you have a decent computer? i get 55+ frames asecond on my1440x900 res monitor on max settings and i only have an 8800gt.
    don't beg, it makes you and the cause your fighting for look bad!!!

For the op:
    no the game sucks and you won't even spend hours and hours staring at your screen, flaking people left and right, enjoying every minute of it...
    Can you hear the sarcasm?? yah its worth it, so get it on which ever platform and enjoy the carnage your going to create!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    IMO it is worth every single euro of the 65 I paid (collector's edit)

so for $20 I would run to the store if I were you

- great gameplay
    - fast
    - hopefully a lot of support from Epic/the community (it's needed )

Leave a comment:

• replied
    the pc version is 1/3 the price of the console versino and i would think the pc version is better. why not getthe pc version if you have a decent computer? i get 55+ frames asecond on my1440x900 res monitor on max settings and i only have an 8800gt.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cheap, Full of great content, slowly growing, still being patched, yes it's worth it, get the PC version if you can.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have the PS3 version, and it's hella fun. You can even plug in a mouse and keyboard for the PS3, and download a mod that makes the game run as fast as the PC version.

On the pro side, you don't have to worry about system specifications, but on the con side, you don't get Unreal Editor.

Besides, you get a lot more value for this game (versus other games that are like, 6 hours long, and cost $60)- UT3 is only about 40 bucks at Wal Mart, and you can download many maps and mods that'll keep the game on your shelf.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    http://www.gogamer.com/Unreal-Tourna...VVviewprod.htm 19.90+2.99 shipping

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's definitely worth it if you're looking for a super-fast paced FPS with great gameplay, weapons, vehicles and community.

Besides, isn't it just 20 bucks?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think it is worth it, but of course it depends on the person.

in addition to what mrkd said:
    - can you keep going even when loosing all the time?
    at least on the pc (Dont play on console) you are likely to run into people who have practiced ut constantly the last 10 years and you end up with a 0 kills to 50 deaths score, but when you get over the initial bump (even if the score is 4 kills to 30 deaths) its a lot of fun imo

Leave a comment:

Working...
X