Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UT3 PS3 Patch 2 Fix List

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT3 PS3 Patch 2 Fix List

Hi everyone. We're thrilled to announce the second patch for the PS3 version of Unreal Tournament 3 has passed Sony cerification and will be released at roughly 12:00 GMT on 9/24/08.

Below you'll find all the additions, fixes and tweaks included in this patch:

Patch2 Changes

* Dedicated PC server support for PS3 clients

* Various AI fixes/tweaks

- Tweaked bot taunting frequency.

- Players have priority over bots for touching flag.

- AI difficulty tweaks.

- Improved bot decision making for whether to attack node or enemy.

- Bots don't camp orb spawners as much.

- Improved AI for locking node with orb.

- Improved low skill bots use of SPMA.

- Added bot taunting animation support.

- Improved bot informational voice message frequency and message selection.

- Tweaked AI skill auto-adjust in campaign.

- Improved AI for using Flak Cannon.

- Improved AI for using Impact Hammer.

- Improved AI for using Link Gun.

- Improved AI decision making for whether target can be attacked.

- Fixed replication of bot aiming pitch.

* Various exploit fixes

- Fixed core damaging exploit with shaped charge.

* Several stability fixes

- Avoid NaNs in angular velocity, coming from ToAxisAndAngle.

- Fix for assert trying to replicate zero FQuat (eg. replicating physics before struct has been filled in)

- Fixed issue where hoverboard failed to be created.

* Several minor gameplay improvements

- Fixed not always showing portraits for banter during campaign.

- Duel match ends if one player leaves.

- More fixes for stats reporting (suicides in some cases).

- Remove "Orbs Scored" stat from game since it wasn't used

- No quickstart if only one player in instant action match.

- Fixed cases where players weren't getting proper scoring bonuses for prime nodes.

- Fixed stats credit for translocator telefrags.

- Force respawn if no teammate bots in campaign.

- Adjusted "too close to attack" range for Manta and Viper.

- Fixed cases where SPMA could shoot through a wall it was up against.

- Increased incoming shell sound radius.

- Fixed manta crouch at full speed exploit.

- Pop vipers out of water if underwater.

- Fixed some rail turret replication issues.

- Improved rail turret controls.

* Various rendering fixes

- Fixed sporadic sorting issues with instagib and shock beams, and occasionally other effects.

- Fixed flag icon scaling on minimap at different resolutions

- Fixed orb scaling in minimap at different resolutions.

- Improved gib lighting.

- Fixed clients seeing full redeemer explosion when non-guided redeemer is shot out of the air.

- Fixed cases where orb spawner didn't properly animate in network games.

- Fixed gibs not showing for clients of listen server if the gibbed player wasn't visible to the server player.

- Fixed gibs not showing for clients of low-gore listen server.

- Fixed big head mutator not popping at lower LODs.

- Fixed LOD settings for fallback character mesh.

- Improved character lighting.

- Fixed foot placement for nearby visible players getting on hoverboard.

- Fixed rocket launcher switching away on client before firing last three loaded rockets.

- Fixed weapon overlay sometimes shown with hidden hands.

* Misc

- Fixed some environmental stats

- No friendly fire mutator in Duel.

- Fixed "player" non-existent bots showing up in voice command menu.

- Adjusted "last second save" message priority.

- Don't allow berserk mixed with speed freak.

- When paging up/down on a list, when it wraps around, just wrap to the first/last element of the list, not the first + a page, that makes short lists (1.5 screens high, etc) kind of messy

- code fix for red searchlight not following red marker

This is great news, thank you!

Comment

Wow that is huge. Been hoping for that for a long time.

Definitely loading this game up tomorrow when the patch is up!

Comment

There's still a long way to go but this is a nice start, it would've helped if you had told us you were working on a patch though

Comment

Originally posted by WarTourist View Post
          WarTourist, please clarify. Does this mean that PS3 players can now play on the same servers PC players play on?

Comment

Originally posted by martinblank View Post
            WarTourist, please clarify. Does this mean that PS3 players can now play on the same servers PC players play on?
            I know I'm not WarTourist, but I was under the impression that that means that you can host a server from a PC for the PS3. You know how you can rent servers and host PC games? We could see the same thing for PS3 (i think)

Comment

This is amazing. Just when I thought Epic had given up on PS3 users, you come out with this. Thank you. BTW like Tails said it would have helped a ton if we were notified of future patches.

Comment

Nice to See Epic Has Not Abandoned Support for the PS3.

It is good to see that Epic has not abandoned support for the PS3 version of UT3. If only Epic would work together with Sony to publicize UT3 more on the Playstation Store and on http://www.us.playstation.com/ . What about creating a demo and new videos for the Playstation Store? Last week I found a UT3 video on the Japanese Playstation Store. It appeared to be better than the one that's on the US Playstation Store because it shows off more of the different weapons & vehicles.
                Also, why not get an in-depth presentation of UT3 and some trailers on an upcoming episode of Qore? The holiday shopping season is coming up fast & it would be foolish on Epic's part to misss the opportunity to stimulate interest (and sales) of UT3.

Comment

Do any of the stability fixes correct the Demo guy bug or help with Mod Support? Also, please clarify what is the truth of the matter regarding what Grinchy/Martinblank said. Also, Thanks! Anything is great.

Comment

Happy to see they still work on UT3 for PS3 to some degree but I don't see anything I really care about. I see a lot of really minor tweaks.
                    What does this mean?-"Dedicated PC server support for PS3 clients" Someone said u can set up a pc server for PS3 games but why does that matter if you can just use your ps3 to do that?

I don't see anything about helping with the game freezing up when you join a server; No text messaging so we can feel like we're actually interacting with human players. the voice chat kinda sucks.
                    Disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by aFH_wikkid

Hosting from a pc is a much better option as it now allows people to rent servers, like say a person has a crappy bandwidth, well now they can have their own server and play at the same time!!
                      Out with the laggy servers, in with some good ass whoopin!!
                      i dont know what you're talking about. I host game servers on my PS3 and they seem to work very well. Guys with I play with say the same.

But if it means more good servers and more people to play, I'm all for it of course.

Other than this, the patch looks like a lot of really minor tweaks I never even notice in DM/TDM

Comment

nothing for not being able to replace the bio rifle in weapon replacement....damn!
                        isnt this patch supposed to be live by now
                        i still havent been prompted to download it
                        and theres nothing in the psn store

Comment

I've downloaded it

its up here in EU at least

Comment

Hi again, one of my friends who can't come here wanted me to post this for him:

"complain about the lack of mod features and custom sounds, not to mention factions and fpv arms and gibs."
                            - Metatronstar

Comment

Originally posted by shane1v View Post
                              i dont know what you're talking about. I host game servers on my PS3 and they seem to work very well. Guys with I play with say the same.

But if it means more good servers and more people to play, I'm all for it of course.

Other than this, the patch looks like a lot of really minor tweaks I never even notice in DM/TDM
                              Hello, shane1v. This is AJGamer from the PSN. I can attest to the excellent quality of service your PS3's server provides. Likewise, I have never received complaints about my PS3's server when I run it. I routinely request feedback about it and have yet to receive any negative responses. I know that one of the players who uses my PS3's server is located in Germany and he too tells me that it runs virtually lag free and without issue's.

What I don't understand is why the dedicated Midway servers have such problems (boots and freezes) when our PS3's Listen servers do not. I would like to see that addressed in a future patch as it would greatly enhance the online service that is provided.

Epic Games,
                              Thank you very much for continuing to support this fantastic game. I was starting to believe that you were abandoning us and am ecstatic to discover that I was wrong. UT3 is my first experience with the Unreal Tournament series and I have enjoyed it despite the few nagging issues that remain. I have owned nearly every shooter available for the PS3 and this is far better than all but Resistance:Fall of Man. By this point in time I have sold every PS3 shooter other than UT3. Many of the shooters are designed for below average skilled gamers to be good at and include ridiculous features such as Aim Assist (many including CoD4) or even Target Locking (Warhawk). There is no point in playing a shooter, in which the goal is to be more accurate and efficient at aiming, that has the aforementioned features. Thank you for not bowing down to the masses and including such genre purpose defeating features.

As for the patch which is launching today, it is a wonderful surprise despite not addressing what many consider the most pertinent issues (dedicated server and Mod issues). I just checked and the patch is still not live here in the U.S., but I look forward to receiving it.

I hope you guys continue supporting the game on the PS3 and consider what B5GkarNarn mentioned or some rendition of that with a similar goal. This game is extremely fun and could greatly benefit from a little push to the PS3's user base. Some exhibition of the extremely talented and dedicated Mod creators you have here, too whom I am extremely grateful and pleased by, would not hurt either. No shooter on the PS3 can compete with this feature and look at all the buzz that Little Big Planet is receiving for what is essentially the same thing. Best wishes and thanks for the support.

.A.J.

Comment

Working...
                              X