No announcement yet.

UT3 PS3 Patch 2 Fix List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's good to see the new patch. Thanks epic.

Comment

Originally posted by Sfred View Post
      It's good to see the new patch. Thanks epic.
      How many people actually think this patch is much of anything??

Seems VERY minor glitches were addressed. None I have ever noticed playing and I'm a huge UT fan.
      Some people seem to like the PC server support. If it means there will be stable PC servers, thank you.

How about stable midway servers?
      In game text messaging is most important to me(with audible option would be best case). Thank you very much for the voice chat,seriously. But it doesn't work all that well and few use it.

I look forward to the next patch.

Comment

PC server support ought to tell you something. Crossplatform works. a PC server runs the PC version of the game, and serves PS3 clients. It looks like they don't need to do very much more to actually implement true crossplatform, and I sincerely hope they are working towards that goal.

Comment

Originally posted by aFH_wikkid
          What do you mean by stable? I was thinking they would have fixed the black bullets shooting out of vehicles when playing custom maps... can't believe they didn't fix that!!
          When I(anyone) enter a midway server, very often(sometimes 3 times in a row, with or without my downloaded maps disabled) the loading map will freeze or load endlessly, forcing a user to power down and restart the system.

Comment

Thanks alot. I enjoy the game so much and the little bitty stuff can make out to be something great. Thanks for not forgetting us PS3ers!!!

Comment

That's one of the things i hated most before the most recent patch, so today i have joined server after server to cause my ps3 to crash and it hasn't done it once...
              Which server ( and game mode ) has it happened to you with, i would like to join it and see if it will do it to me too??
              I don't think this patch addresses the midway server problems, you are probably getting lucky. It doesn't happen every time to me either, just often.
              I usually play DM/TDM

Comment

Originally posted by shane1v View Post
                How many people actually think this patch is much of anything??

Seems VERY minor glitches were addressed. None I have ever noticed playing and I'm a huge UT fan.
                Some people seem to like the PC server support. If it means there will be stable PC servers, thank you.

How about stable midway servers?
                In game text messaging is most important to me(with audible option would be best case). Thank you very much for the voice chat,seriously. But it doesn't work all that well and few use it.

I look forward to the next patch.
                I'm with you on this one shane. I am glad to see them addressing the minor issue's that they did with this patch but further work should be done. Hopefully they can get to it in a timely manner. I'm hoping the PC server support adds stability to the PS3's online system. Mainly I would like to see the issue's you mentioned addressed in the next patch.

When I(anyone) enter a midway server, very often(sometimes 3 times in a row, with or without my downloaded maps disabled) the loading map will freeze or load endlessly, forcing a user to power down and restart the system.
                I too have witnessed this on multiple occasions.

I don't think this patch addresses the midway server problems, you are probably getting lucky. It doesn't happen every time to me either, just often.
                I usually play DM/TDM
                I too tend to play DM/TDM and this is where I witness the problem. Mostly TDM.

k well i will say as of now, that i have test joined every midway server in the warfare section and not one has crashed on me and to me that says something. Before i could almost tell you when a server would crash me and today, not one has. I am going to join DM servers to see if i crash there because i was hoping that bug would get fixed!!

Edit/Add:
                your right i found one in TDM, the map said sanctuary when joining and it just kept loading and loading. It didn't freeze me the way it use to but it kept loading, makes me think its the bug where when you join a server and if you join while the map is changing it just keeps trying to join that map... All i had to do was open xmb and quit game, then restart the game!
                There is definitely an issue with the handling (or lack thereof) of joining a room while it is in the process of switching maps. This seems to be what is causing the never ending (and not freezing) loading screen. Quiting and restarting the game is the only way to end this.

The other issue that shane and I note is that occasionally, when joining a game, the loading screen literally freezes. This may happen many times in a row. This is only solved by physically resetting the PS3 from the console itself. I am not sure what is causing this but it does not seem to be my internet connection (it could be lost packets or anything as far as I know). I'm pretty sure that this is not from a map change because usually when I power back on and get online and to the server list the server is still on the same map. Hopefully Epic's quality control team can figure out the actual cause of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathvein View Post
                  Nice one, Epic.

Although this patch is great, I honestly think that a trophy patch would have brought a huge amount of players back, as well as expanding the community for the game.
                  I have to agree Epic, that would be huge. Trophies are the new thing and if a game has it, then it is amazing no matter what and people want to get it to build up their trophy collection. This would bring back so many people, as well as bring in new customers that missed the game or didn't have the console at the time. Also, with a lower price tag, the game would sell like crazy. Epic I would definitely look into this.

Comment

I've had the server lockup problem for a long time now, and also occasionally just get the loading forever one. Most of the time when it happens I'll spend 3 or 4 times trying to connect to a server and having to reboot the PS3 before I can get it to work. Hasn't happened since the patch, but I'll try some specific servers and see. I ALWAYS lock on Midway_56 (or 056) and Midway_09 without fail. I've learned to not even try them.

As far as this patch, the lag seemed like it was mostly gone this weekend when I played on the Midway servers. It almost felt like playing a new game. There was a little lag here or there, but nothing like before. I hope it's a result of other things getting fixed in the game, because it was actually fun to play again for a change. I've only tried it on DM/TDM so far, but I'll check the others out too.

Comment

Originally posted by Protopet View Post
                      I have to agree Epic, that would be huge. Trophies are the new thing and if a game has it, then it is amazing no matter what and people want to get it to build up their trophy collection. This would bring back so many people, as well as bring in new customers that missed the game or didn't have the console at the time. Also, with a lower price tag, the game would sell like crazy. Epic I would definitely look into this.
                      i have to agree here i really do think a trophy patch would add a hell of a lot to this game, and bring back in a lot of people and add a lot when its being sold at £20 in a lot of places

Comment

I would like better support for preview pics on PS3. Even when done perfectly, and they work, the maps with them seem to conflict with each other or something.

Comment

Epic, a trophy patch would be epic.

Comment

Option to enable/disable vertical sync?

Comment

Some annoyances I'm still experiencing are;

After you have set up a match, or whilst setting up a match, if you go back to any part of the menu the settings you have chosen are often not remembered and revert back to default. So you have to re-enter them again.

When highlighting players names after a match, the bar sometimes splits into two or three separate bars that will not scroll more than two or three names down the list. So you cannot request any friend invites to players lower than what's accessible.

Comment

dont post new fixes in an old patch thread ;-p
                                PS3 patch 1.3 requests thread http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=624127

Comment

Working...
                                X