No announcement yet.

UT3 PS3 Patch 2 Fix List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

User created content for console games is the best thing to happen to console games since console games! Shout it from the rooftops! Or at least maybe a few internet/tv ads!

Comment

Originally posted by The Demon Slick View Post
      User created content for console games is the best thing to happen to console games since console games! Shout it from the rooftops! Or at least maybe a few internet/tv ads!
      Absolutely!! I have been gaming on consoles since the Atari 2600. Never before have I been as enthusiastic about one feature of a game as I am about this one. Add mutators to the greatness that are mods and you have the greatest selling point of any game in the history of consoles.

The only way it could be topped is if I could create mods and mutators directly on my PS3. I am as grateful as anyone for the dedicated UT mod scene, specifically those willing to allow their mods to be cooked for the PS3.

If more people were aware of this it could only help sell more copies of the game.

Comment

Thanks AJ.

Originally posted by .A.J. View Post
        I hope you guys continue supporting the game on the PS3 and consider what B5GkarNarn mentioned or some rendition of that with a similar goal. This game is extremely fun and could greatly benefit from a little push to the PS3's user base. Some exhibition of the extremely talented and dedicated Mod creators you have here, too whom I am extremely grateful and pleased by, would not hurt either. No shooter on the PS3 can compete with this feature and look at all the buzz that Little Big Planet is receiving for what is essentially the same thing. Best wishes and thanks for the support.

.A.J.
        AJ, thank you for mentioning me & my ideas in your post. I'm also glad to see your posts on this thread because they are nicely detailed and demonstrate the same level of devotion to UT3 that many of us feel.

Long live UT3 on the PS3!

Comment

Absolutely!! I have been gaming on consoles since the Atari 2600. Never before have I been as enthusiastic about one feature of a game as I am about this one. Add mutators to the greatness that are mods and you have the greatest selling point of any game in the history of consoles.

The only way it could be topped is if I could create mods and mutators directly on my PS3. I am as grateful as anyone for the dedicated UT mod scene, specifically those willing to allow their mods to be cooked for the PS3.

If more people were aware of this it could only help sell more copies of the game.
          Amen to that!!! I have similar experience with gaming and we sure have come along way from Pitfall and Asteroids. I think Epic is breaking down many barriers and I hope they continue to do so. I just wish they were a little more forthcoming with the information.....LOL

Comment

Nice one, Epic.

Although this patch is great, I honestly think that a trophy patch would have brought a huge amount of players back, as well as expanding the community for the game.

Comment

Epic, this is absolutely brilliant, thank you. Your PS3 fans really appreciate it !

Please can you also please add the ability to dynamically download maps that you dont currently have from a mod server on PSN in a future update. The feature of user created content for PS3 on UT3 is absolutely huge, but not enough people use it because either they dont know or because of the issue of copying one map at a time over a memory stick.

Comment

Also the PS3 version needs to support everything the PC mods can. I started creating a mod but when I found out you can not create a configuration menu for the PS3 version I stopped.

If these limitations on the PS3 version were not there we would have a lot more mods.

Comment

Have they made it easier to download mods? ie: Can we dump a ton of mods in one folder and hit "import all"? Or even use PS3s webbrowser to download them in-game?

Please add trophies and custom soundtrack support.

Comment

Thanks for the update.

Comment

Glad to hear this.

Man, with more publicity, this game could get big. However, most people who know about UT3 are the people who've been following the series for quite a while. I don't think it gained many new users. Looks like advertising DOES make a big difference. Even with straight A's this game isn't too popular.

Long live UT3!

Comment

Hello, shane1v. This is AJGamer from the PSN. I can attest to the excellent quality of service your PS3's server provides. Likewise, I have never received complaints about my PS3's server when I run it. I routinely request feedback about it and have yet to receive any negative responses. I know that one of the players who uses my PS3's server is located in Germany and he too tells me that it runs virtually lag free and without issue's.

What I don't understand is why the dedicated Midway servers have such problems (boots and freezes) when our PS3's Listen servers do not. I would like to see that addressed in a future patch as it would greatly enhance the online service that is provided.

Epic Games,
                        Thank you very much for continuing to support this fantastic game. I was starting to believe that you were abandoning us and am ecstatic to discover that I was wrong. UT3 is my first experience with the Unreal Tournament series and I have enjoyed it despite the few nagging issues that remain. I have owned nearly every shooter available for the PS3 and this is far better than all but Resistance:Fall of Man. By this point in time I have sold every PS3 shooter other than UT3. Many of the shooters are designed for below average skilled gamers to be good at and include ridiculous features such as Aim Assist (many including CoD4) or even Target Locking (Warhawk). There is no point in playing a shooter, in which the goal is to be more accurate and efficient at aiming, that has the aforementioned features. Thank you for not bowing down to the masses and including such genre purpose defeating features.

As for the patch which is launching today, it is a wonderful surprise despite not addressing what many consider the most pertinent issues (dedicated server and Mod issues). I just checked and the patch is still not live here in the U.S., but I look forward to receiving it.

I hope you guys continue supporting the game on the PS3 and consider what B5GkarNarn mentioned or some rendition of that with a similar goal. This game is extremely fun and could greatly benefit from a little push to the PS3's user base. Some exhibition of the extremely talented and dedicated Mod creators you have here, too whom I am extremely grateful and pleased by, would not hurt either. No shooter on the PS3 can compete with this feature and look at all the buzz that Little Big Planet is receiving for what is essentially the same thing. Best wishes and thanks for the support.

.A.J.
                        Hey AJ!
                        Well said! Better than my reflexive griping ;-)

I still vote for in game text messaging!

Comment

Out-fragging-standing, thank you Epic!

Comment

thanks epic, i thought that you had forgotten the ps3, but this is great!!!! tahnks

Comment

Originally posted by Yoko Rains View Post
                              However, most people who know about UT3 are the people who've been following the series for quite a while. I don't think it gained many new users.
                              Yeah, I have to agree with you.

I managed to persuade some of my 'UT-virgin' friends to buy it, though.

Comment

Originally posted by B5GkarNarn View Post
                                It is good to see that Epic has not abandoned support for the PS3 version of UT3. If only Epic would have worked together with Sony to publicize UT3 more on the Playstation Store and on http://www.us.playstation.com/ . What about creating a demo and new videos for the Playstation Store? Last week I found a UT3 video on the Japanese Playstation Store. It appeared to be better than the one that's on the US Playstation Store because it shows off more of the different weapons & vehicles. This is totally insane since Japan is not the target market for this game.
                                Also, why not got an in-depth presentation of UT3 and some trailers on an upcoming episode of Qore? Last year's holiday shopping season was coming up fast & it would have been foolish on Epic's part to misss the opportunity to stimulate interest (and sales) of UT3.
                                Fixed. Afterall, the game now sells for $10.

I hope this patch isn't some sort of: "Look, we still support UT3 on PS3 and b.t.w. here is a new UT3 2009 edition for $60" - move from Epic, cause I doubt people will ever buy anything on the PS3 from them again. This patch is very nice, but its release date should have been february 2008, not (almost) october 2008.

Apropos: I already had a freeze on a vCTF server, just like the old days. *puts back game underneath glass of milk*.

Comment

Working...
                                X