Ranking Decay. Is needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ranking Decay. Is needed.

I want to see some kind of ranking decay for the inactive players in our ut3 ranking system. Specially the guys who do not finishes matches. Players who quit in mid-game because they are getting beat up in server. Some type of Ranking loses for sore losers and inactive players is definitly needed.

Ironhorse.

No offense intended, but it's a bad idea for two reasons.
    1. There's no team evener in UT3, so it's unfair to those who will want to leave a match where they are getting unfairly slaughtered.
    3. Ranks don't matter or prove anything. At all.

Comment

i do agree that inactive players should be affected somehow im the ranking system...

but i also feel a better system should be used for how they determine the ranks.

Comment

Originally posted by ZzyzX View Post
        3. Ranks don't matter or prove anything. At all.
        That's the correct answer to any ranking based request

Comment

Originally posted by Tailsnake View Post
          That's the correct answer to any ranking based request
          definatley agree. they should do something about the inactivity of the people ranked... give a chance to others... but than again rank doesn't really matter imo... it doesn't determine skill... just how many matches you win.. but i seriously don't get the ranking system sometimes... like... your rank goes down if you watch a duel... or if you join a server... and lets say you join the losing team... your rank goes down... HOPEFULLY in the next UT... they do a lil tweaking... like... you know how on your friends list you can view if they are in game...and if they have a mic? and when you press X you can either join them or send a message... well, instead of that...they should like enable like a profile... like for example... lets say you want to see what i'm playing...

"HOTT_BIOFREAK"

Currently playing...

GAME MODE: WARFARE

TEAM: BLUE

SCORE: RED:98% CORE BLUE:40%CORE

MUTATORS: NONE

[Etc.]

just a thought... so people can like, you know make sure they don't mess up their rank ya know?

also in the next UT they should tweak up the ranks...just how like Socom has it set-up... Socom is gunna be bad a$$

Comment

inactive players will lose rank eventually. check this shizzle... -Anti-Idle- it kicks people off after 2 minutes of standing still. you should not be penalized for leaving a game IMO... quitters r lame though.

Comment

Originally posted by NANOBLACK View Post
              inactive players will lose rank eventually. check this shizzle... -Anti-Idle- it kicks people off after 2 minutes of standing still. you should not be penalized for leaving a game IMO... quitters r lame though.
              where is the pc download that mod is really handy i like that mod since some pll idle in game

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhorse View Post
                I want to see some kind of ranking decay for the inactive players in our ut3 ranking system. Specially the guys who do not finishes matches. Players who quit in mid-game because they are getting beat up in server. Some type of Ranking loses for sore losers and inactive players is definitly needed.

Ironhorse.
                Why do you have to drag me into this?

Comment

Originally posted by coolcat22 View Post
                  where is the pc download that mod is really handy i like that mod since some pll idle in game
                  you dont need a mode to kick idle players with the pc version, you change two settings in your ini!!

Comment

Originally posted by aFH_wikkid View Post
                    you dont need a mode to kick idle players with the pc version, you change two settings in your ini!!
                    i have an ini, ....wait,...did you mean belly button??? BWAHAHAA

Comment

Working...
                    X