Seattle Competitive UT3 (Updates!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seattle Competitive UT3 (Updates!)

NOTE: THIS SERVER HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN AS OF 11/23/2008!

Hello,

A couple of months ago I opened up the Seattle Competitive DM server so that people in the Pacific Northwest would have a place to play. (Original post can be found here)

I managed to get a handful of games going, but the server wasn't as popular as I was hoping for. In an effort to address that I've made some changes to the server and am still open to suggestions. Here's what I've done so far:
    • Changed the default gametype to team deathmatch!
    • Increased the server tick rate to 90 and the server data rate to 30,000. This should provide more accurate hit registration and responsive gameplay.
    • Obtained my own redirect server for custom map downloads. Maps should now download at over 1MB per second!
    • Added the UTComp3v3b4 mutator. This enables ping compensation, fixes some minor gameplay bugs and balance issues, allows custom models and crosshairs, adds hitsounds, etc...
    • Added the ability to vote for different maps and gametypes via the UTComp mutator. You can now change the game mode to Deathmatch, TDM, Duel, or CTF by pressing F5 and going to the vote tab! This replaces the standard mid-game voting system.
    • Added the ability to votekick players through UTComp. If somebody is being excessively rude, won't ready-up, or has gone AFK for an extended period then feel free to votekick them out of the game to make room for other players.
    • Tweaked the map start and change delay periods so that level transitions will be smoother and take less time
    • Disabled the weapons respawn mutator for DM, TDM, and CTF modes since it was frustrating most players...
    • Disabled the weapon replacement mutator so that noobs can have fun with the redeemer again in DM & CTF!
    • Lowered the bot skill from inhuman to skilled so that newer players don't get as frustrated playing against it while waiting for a 2nd human to join.
    • Added an automatic demo recording system. Demos have been bumped up to 90-tic so they should be more accurate as well. (though this does increase the file-sizes) Contact me if you want recorded copies of any matches that take place on the server!

I've also updated the map rotation (Following map list current as of 10/19/2008):

Deathmatch / Team Deathmatch
    • DM-Acquisition
    • DM-Agony3-SE
    • DM-Apathy
    • DM-Arise
    • DM-Arsenal
    • DM-Bonescraper
    • DM-CBP3-August
    • DM-CBP3-Decay
    • DM-CBP3-Endura
    • DM-CBP3-HongKong
    • DM-CBP3-IronMaiden2
    • DM-CBP3-Salvation
    • DM-CBP3-Solar
    • DM-CBP3-Thor
    • DM-Calahan2
    • DM-Calibrah
    • DM-Campgrounds2K8
    • DM-CarbonFire
    • DM-Cath
    • DM-Chizra
    • DM-Codex-Necris
    • DM-Conveyor
    • DM-Dante]I[
    • DM-Deck
    • DM-Defiance
    • DM-Devolve
    • DM-Diesel
    • DM-Echelon
    • DM-Fearless
    • DM-Flustered
    • DM-Gateway
    • DM-Gritt
    • DM-Gutter
    • DM-HeatRay
    • DM-Intercept
    • DM-Krodan
    • DM-Liandri-Classic
    • DM-Noca
    • DM-Precision
    • DM-Rankin
    • DM-Revelation
    • DM-Ricochet
    • DM-Rioes
    • DM-Sanctuary
    • DM-Sentinel
    • DM-ShangriLa
    • DM-Subterrane
    • DM-TempestX2
    • DM-Worm
    • DM-Xenon

Duel
    • DM-1on1-Fisted-SE
    • DM-1on1-Penetrated-LE
    • DM-1on1-Pure
    • DM-Acquisition
    • DM-Agony2
    • DM-Apathy
    • DM-Arise
    • DM-Bonescraper
    • DM-CBP3-Solar
    • DM-CBP3-Thor
    • DM-Calahan2
    • DM-Calibrah
    • DM-Campgrounds2K8
    • DM-Cath
    • DM-Chizra
    • DM-Dante]I[
    • DM-Deck-FPS
    • DM-Devolve
    • DM-Diesel
    • DM-Echelon
    • DM-Flustered-LE
    • DM-Gritt
    • DM-Gutter
    • DM-Intercept
    • DM-Noca
    • DM-Precision
    • DM-Rankin
    • DM-Sentinel
    • DM-ShangriLa-CE
    • DM-Subterrane
    • DM-Worm
    • DM-Xenon

Capture the Flag
    • CTF-CBP3-Agonas
    • CTF-CBP3-Arean
    • CTF-CBP3-Krodan
    • CTF-CBP3-Morgoth
    • CTF-CBP3-TheExcavation
    • CTF-CBP3-Touch
    • CTF-CBP3-Vengeance
    • CTF-Cardinal
    • CTF-Coret
    • CTF-HOLP2-Vogel
    • CTF-Haco
    • CTF-Hosh
    • CTF-Hydrosis
    • CTF-Lopo
    • CTF-OmicronDawn
    • CTF-Razor
    • CTF-Reflection
    • CTF-Strident
    • CTF-Turbo
    • CTF-Ultra
    • CTF-Vertebrae
    • CTF-Yoghourt

Most of these are AWESOME maps, and I really can't wait to see how the new ones play online! In case you don't want to wait for custom maps to download from the redirect server I've uploaded several of them for you to manually install here:

http://tinyurl.com/SeattleDM

Even if you don't plan on playing on the Seattle server you should really check out these maps. A lot of them seem to have gone by unnoticed by the UT3 community.

Anyway, I've noticed that Taffy's server in Chicago is pretty popular since he's been listening to his playerbase and actively making changes. As an admin I'd like to try and be as receptive as he's been and get this server humming along the same way out here on the west coast. With that in mind, this is your server, and I can push the buttons to make stuff happen if there's some demand for it! You can get in touch with me in this thread, via private message, in-game (nthexwn), or on x-fire (nthexwn).

Sincreator has also been kind enough to offer up his Ventrilo server for use. If you have a mic you can hop on and chat it up here:

Ruin Ventrilo Server
    Hostname: copper.typefrag.com
    Port: 18051
    Password: Ruin132

In case you missed it from the original post the UT3 server is located here:

Seattle Competitive UT3
    Server address: nthexwn.nuclearfallout.net:7777
    Server IP: 208.146.44.241:7777

Hope to see you soon!

-xwn

i'll be there

Comment

Well I'm done for the evening, but I'll probably be on vent tomorrow around 10:00 or so.

Somebody in-game was just mentioning that the URL for the map pack wasn't working. Can anybody else confirm this?

Comment

URL for map pack works for me.

Comment

I'll be on vent and in-game for the next hour or so if anybody wants to play

Comment

Made some updates to the server this week:
            • Set up my own redirect server. Maps should download approximately 20 times faster now!
            • Added a crapton of maps. There are now 50 maps in the rotation. 4/5ths of them are custom maps and none of them suck!
            • Re-enabled weapons respawn mutator to support competitive play (if you can't find a gun then learn map control or vote for bigger maps!)
            • Re-enabled weapon replacement mutator to support competitive play (redeemer swapped with enforcer)
            • Updated webadmin to version 1.7
            • Made a few small adjustments to voting and pre/post game delays to make the level changing process smoother

I hope you all enjoy the changes!

Comment

So there's no confusion I added your own channel to the vent server. It's called UT3 competitive. If anyone is playing competitively they can join that channel. If your new or just average and want to just play for fun then join the Unreal Tournament 3 channel.

So if your interested...download the program and install it.(the client download is free, and thats all you will need) http://ventrilo.com/download.php When you open the program there will be 3 arrows pointing right. Click the first arrow, and pick your username, then click on the 2nd one down
              and enter the following info.

Server is, Ruin
              Hostname or IP is, copper.typefrag.com
              Port number is, 18051
              Password is, Ruin132
              ALL CASE SENSITIVE.

PS: If you have never set up a mic we wil help you once you get in there. Dont forget that the the vent info is 100% case sensitive. We have 10-15 people that join at random and we are looking for more people to join all the time.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification Sin

If I get any time away from this homework tomorrow I'll be sure to hop on!

Comment

Originally posted by nthexwn View Post
                  Edit: There has been some discussion about enabling the UTComp mutator on this server. If anybody feels strongly about whether or not I should add this mutator then please feel free to state your opinion! This will help me in deciding whether or not to add UTComp to the server
                  I think you should add it. Besides from being a great mutator with many customizable options, the latest release (v3 beta 3) has ping compensation. Now since this server is in Seattle, most of the players get relatively high ping in this server, so by having ping compensation enabled, this server could get more popular. I know I would play on it.

By the way this is theHotCake, I recently stopped by your server to see if I pinged well there, but got something around 100-110

Comment

UTComp3v3beta3 has been added to the server. Feedback appreciated!

Comment

**** man that redirect is sweet. 50 meg file in under 45 secs. Alot faster than what it was before.

Comment

Due to the number of updates I've made to the server in the last couple of weeks I've re-worded the original post. Check it out for news on the redirect server, utcomp, and tick-rate updates!

Comment

Had some awesome CTF and deathmatch games this evening!

Shout outs to Rancouver, TheHotCake, and Muffinmonster!

Comment

Originally posted by nthexwn View Post
                            Had some awesome CTF and deathmatch games this evening!

Shout outs to Rancouver, TheHotCake, and Muffinmonster!
                            If you were going to play DM I would have stayed...

Comment

Sorry I haven't been around at some of the times I said I would guys. School is killing me!

Then again here I am at 3:20 in the morning working on server ****... I just solved an issue with UTComp that was preventing the correct maplists from being used.

Yay!

Comment

Working...
                              X