Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would a VSync Option for PS3 and 360 be beneficial?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would a VSync Option for PS3 and 360 be beneficial?

I wanted to know and find out some opinions on the matter. When I played UT on my PC as well as other FPS, the feature was very handy, especially in certain levels. I know with BioSchock the game was transformed (at least for me in realism) and really enjoyed it. WOuld a feature like this be beneficial for the fast paced nature of Unreal Tournament?

Would it be difficult to implement? I mean, it's in the PC version...

Your thoughts? Challenges?

Regards,
    FM in the AM

Truthfully, I don't think it would benefit the PS3 or 360. The reason is that since that they are consoles, their hardware and performance is set for the most part. The only thing changing is their storage size limit it looks like. Since all the PS3s and 360s are the same, you can set a limit as to how the game is handled. Which why the console versions are capped at 30 fps. Where PCs will keep upgrading their hardware and performance.

Comment

Originally posted by AcidVenom View Post
      Truthfully, I don't think it would benefit the PS3 or 360. The reason is that since that they are consoles, their hardware and performance is set for the most part. The only thing changing is their storage size limit it looks like. Since all the PS3s and 360s are the same, you can set a limit as to how the game is handled. Which why the console versions are capped at 30 fps. Where PCs will keep upgrading their hardware and performance.
      That's a good point. I guess I just was amazed to see, for the first time with my eyes a console game (BIOSHOCK) that had this feature and how it improved gameplay. Plus, I can take some minor tearing for a 20-30 fps boost. I guess I'm still stuck in my PC gaming days somewhat. Anyone else?

Comment

Working...
      X