Gamepad in UT3 for PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gamepad in UT3 for PC

Yes, I 100% prefer a mouse and keyboard over a gamepad, but just for the hell of it, I wanted to try.

I remember a bit ago, people were having a hell of a time getting gamepads to work with UT3 on their PC. I have an old logitech gamepad that I tried getting to work with UT3 for the hell of it and eventually just gave up. It just didn't want to work at all. I had to download a program that was supposed to make it work flawlessly. Well, it got some of the controller working, but I couldn't turn, or look up and down. I eventually just got rid of that too.

I got a hold of a 360 controller and heard about the 360 wireless receiver. After countless stores telling me they didn't have it, or have never even heard of it, I got mad and just ordered it online. I finally got it in today and installed the drivers for it. I really can't believe how flawless this thing works. I didn't expect this thing to work at all with UT3, let alone be as responsive as it is.. I don't exactly know how well the PS3 controller works with UT3. I've seen people post about having trouble with it. It kind of leads me to believe that Epic favors the brickbox 360 over the glitchy PS3 heh.

While the games that it works in, it works great. The games that it doesn't seem to want to work in, it just doesn't work at all(CoD4)

I've got one as well, using it for Gears of War mainly tbh. Tried it with UT3 but I didn't like it at all with it's gameplay. Since I'm playing Gears of War with a friend on his X360 I bought the game and controller to practice on my pc (it can't run it flawlessly, that's why the practice), I can take my controller along and use it at his X360 as well, works ace

Comment

I use the PS3 controller and it works flawlessly for me, where did you hear reports that it was glitchy on PC?

Comment

Originally posted by Tailsnake View Post
        I use the PS3 controller and it works flawlessly for me, where did you hear reports that it was glitchy on PC?
        wait you can use a ps3 controller on your pc? or do you mean your ps3 controller on your ps3.

Comment

Probably Ps3 controller on Ps3, there's this program for it, but I never got mine properly set up. Gonna try with xbox one soon.
          *looks for the program

edit:
          I think it's something like this:
          http://news.filefront.com/how-to-use...oller-on-a-pc/

Comment

This will help for the 360 controller: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=612682

Comment

use this software called 'Xpadder'
              it works with any controller

Comment

Don't need xpadder. The 360 controller works flawlessly with UT3.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantaci View Post
                  wait you can use a ps3 controller on your pc? or do you mean your ps3 controller on your ps3.
                  I mean PS3 controller on PC, you just need to setup a USB driver than get xpadder to assign the controls, works like a charm.

Comment

I gave xpadder a shot. While it is a great program, I actually like UT3's support for the 360 controller.. The only thing I can't figure out, is how to adjust the analogue sensitivity I'm pretty sure it's in the ini somewhere, but I don't know where.

Comment

Originally posted by Tailsnake View Post
                      I mean PS3 controller on PC, you just need to setup a USB driver than get xpadder to assign the controls, works like a charm.
                      wow thats cool.

Comment

Working...
                      X