stinger or link gun, and: damages to cores vs. damage to persons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stinger or link gun, and: damages to cores vs. damage to persons

at close range, does stinger or link gun more damage (lets say to persons) ?

Is my impression right, that damage to person must not be the same like damage to cores (or nodes, vehicles)? That same weapons do much damage to persons, but not so much to nodes, e vice versa ?

Without missing the link gun does more damage than the stinger per second to a person. Same with the core. It seems like the stinger does more because it's easier to not miss with it vs the link gun. (Assuming primary fire for each). However, you're right about weapons doing different damages to cores and nodes. Each weapon has it's own multiplier for damage to vehicles and another one for damage to nodes/cores. I haven't read through the code, but I'm pretty sure that's accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
      Without missing the link gun does more damage than the stinger per second to a person. Same with the core. It seems like the stinger does more because it's easier to not miss with it vs the link gun. (Assuming primary fire for each). However, you're right about weapons doing different damages to cores and nodes. Each weapon has it's own multiplier for damage to vehicles and another one for damage to nodes/cores. I haven't read through the code, but I'm pretty sure that's accurate.
      Tell me, where you guys get to know such things with multipliers, etc. ? Are there any pages?, or just from other guys who read the code?

((((and why is that not in the **** manual - it takes a lot of time to find all the details. in the early ninties games were simpler or had a good manual. Today, so I have the impression, you need to find out everything yourself, or to to live a good part of your life in a pertinente forum. right? would be more fun to concentrate more on the game. than to gather data. Dont want to say with that, that I dont like to meet people here - but I would definitely like to have more complete manuals with A LOT OF TECHNICAL STUFF !!!!!!! Doesnt matter if it is UT or a roleplay game or strategy. DEVELOPPERS SHOULD PACK THEIR KNOWLEDGE INTO THE LAST SECTION OF THE MANUAL ))))

Here a link to share usefull UT3-lists http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=622501 (opened a new thread for that, cant continue here with this title). Hope some people will contribute to gather data. Together its much easier and more fun. Or maybe some sites which such stuff already exist ??

Comment

It's the source code for the game, I have it for scripting purposes but I'm not sure where you can find it online. There's a lot of stuff hidden in the game code that most people don't really know like:

Scorpions taking 1.5x damage while boosting and 2x damage while suiciding
        Bender Rear turret charging from 30 damage shots to 180 damage shots while idle
        Cores taking less damage right after they become vulnerable and more just before overtime starts
        etc.

It'd be nice if there was some online resource that just broke down all the nity grity details of the game for the average player.

Comment

There's probably some good resources at www.beyondunreal.com

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
            There's probably some good resources at www.beyondunreal.com
            Please deliver a short description what's the link about --helps a lot to find the passages you meant !!

Comment

Beyond Unreal is a UT community. I actually haven't perused their site much, but you'll likely be able to find breakdowns of weapons damages and things like that there.

Comment

The UT3 Strategy Guide:
                1. Complete Campaign coverage and map-shifting guide.
                2. Complete guide on weapons, including damage amounts to players, vehicles, nodes and cores, put-down and switch timings, ammo count, etc.
                3. Complete guide on vehicles.
                4. Complete guide to where everything is on every single map (though does not really give any hints to how certain tactics will work for each map.
                4. Complete introduction to the basics of UT3 for new players to the series.

I think you can get it on Amazon.com for around $20. Good luck

Comment

After looking in the source code, I'm pretty sure the Stinger Alt projectiles have TWICE the range of the sniper rifle (10 seconds lifespan ftw) and does full damage on nodes and vehicles.

Haven't really tested it in game though (or even played the game for months).

Comment

Working...
                  X