Two questions: Headshot, Stinggun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
    It does seem odd but that is roughly my understanding of it. I read it here in the forums. Someone said they'd read it in the game code. I can't personally gaurantee it's true.
    I thought in the night about that again: My above described case was only with two players. This results in three size of head hitboxes for everybody.

BUT WITH n-PLAYERS, THUS THE NUMBER OF DIFFERENT SIZE OF HITBOXES FOR EVERYBODY WOULD BE n+1. And that is simply to unplausibly to be true.=>Cant belive, if you play with 20 players, that everybodies head hitbox get larger if I stand still.

Therefore: May be the correct rule is this: if I stop, simply my head hitbox get larger. This makes much more sense.=>Can somebody confirm that rule???

--------

By the way, its genious that some people can read game code. real cracks! I would like to do the same ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by fireball View Post
      Therefore: May be the correct rule is this: if I stop, simply my head hitbox get larger. This makes much more sense.=>Can somebody confirm that rule???
      Not sure about your own, but if you are standing still with a sniper everyone elses head hitbox increases in size for you.

Comment

Originally posted by FourEyes View Post
        Not sure about your own, but if you are standing still with a sniper everyone elses head hitbox increases IN SIZE FOR YOU.

Okay! Especially the last part of the sentence makes sense. This would not lead to n+1 different hitbox sizes ;-)

Standing still... is this effect coming instantly (e.g in the short time between two side doges) ?

Comment

Originally posted by FourEyes View Post
          Not sure about your own, but if you are standing still with a sniper everyone elses head hitbox increases in size for you.

How big ist the head box if not moving?
          upper line just at the highst pixel of the head, down line from the chin, right border at the most right pixel of the head, .... ?
          Is that true? Or larger? Or smaller e.g. in case of the Scytch or so?

And is it for the body box the same? or ist the box larger? or slimer because e.g. the shoulder pads dont matter?

How big the head box if I am not moving with a sniper rifle?
          As I guess I dont see it again, can anyone who knows it explain it roughly, like for example:
          -down border: till solar plexus
          -right border: from the right ear again 30% (of the total breadth of the head) to the right side
          -or: box area doubled
          -or: box length and breadth each doubled

Comment

Here's a tip on the Link Gun:

The link gun secondary fire has exponential damage depending on how long you keep the shaft connected.

I have plenty of experiences where I kept losing the connection, therefore resetting the damage levels and taking longer for me to kill people.

Listen to the sound cue! That's what alerted me to the exponential damage thingy. (I'm sure I'm right about the damage thingy, but if I'm wrong please correct me).

Comment

answears to some questions, i won't quote each question so you'll have to guess:

1) the only weapon in which's gamecode i could find a headshot refference is the sniper(i only checked link and enforcer) so only the sniper makes a difference between head and body.

2)the enemy headshot hitbox increases when the player using the sniper moves or stands still. considering a player with a sniper stands still, then the opponent he is aiming at has the same headshot hitbox if he moves or stands still or he runs in his hands while dodgeing right and left. so the hitbox modifies only when the player using the sniper rifle moves, not when the opponent moves. if both opponents move and shoot each other, then both of them have smaller hitboxes for the guy they are fighting with. but if a third sniper user that is standing still shoots at them from a distance, then both of the moving targets that fight each other have large headshot hitboxes for the third sniper that is standing still.

the headshot hitbox when the sniper is standing still is 218% bigger than the headshot hitbox when the sniper moves(or falls, the hitbox modifies even when you fall, but it doesn't modify when you move slowly, like crunch slowly)

only the headshot hitbox modifies, the body hitbox is the same in all conditions.

the hitboxes, both body and head are cilinders. they don't differ from player to player. so even if a player has his head switched with his ***, you will have to shoot his *** to get a headshot. so you can't relate it to body parts since each character is different and all of them are drawn on the same hitboxes. you just have to guess where his head might be looking at the player.(all of the weapons do dmg when they hit a certain collisioncilinder, which is the same in all cases: 22 units high and 22 units in radius. this seems odd, but that's what it says:

CollisionHeight=22.000000
              CollisionRadius=22.000000

to give you some refference, the rocket has a dmg radius of 220 units, flak shell a radius of 200 units, shock core a radius of 120 units, link secondary range is 900, distance between players in which link power increases is 160)

in the bio weapon case, i presume it's the goo ball's hitbox that is huge, since the player hitbox doesn't modify)

4) about which projectile travels further. stinger secondary, link primary and shock core have the same travel distance(i didn't check any other weapon)

hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Gameslaya View Post
                Here's a tip on the Link Gun:

The link gun secondary fire has exponential damage depending on how long you keep the shaft connected.

I have plenty of experiences where I kept losing the connection, therefore resetting the damage levels and taking longer for me to kill people.

Listen to the sound cue! That's what alerted me to the exponential damage thingy. (I'm sure I'm right about the damage thingy, but if I'm wrong please correct me).
                pretty sure it takes about 10 ammo to kill someone either way. obviously you will kill someone faster by keeping a constant lock on them

Comment

stinger secondary, link primary and shock core have the same travel distance
                  that isnt right for sure, because u can shoot the core on serenity at the beserk with stinger secondary, but not with link prime. same on islander from the rocket turret next to the sniper. u can hit the core there with stinger sec, but not with link prime. but idk about shock cores and rockets atm.

about max ranges i have to add, that there is no weapon which has maximum range. go on torlan to the turret in your base and try to shoot sth at the edge of the map near the tank node (person, vehicle). u will not reach it with any weapon (or any vehicle)

and about the link secondary: i think each ammo used deals 8 dmg and it has a pretty fast firing rate. so its not a constant increasing dmg u get, but in intervals of the firing rate (idk the exact number here). what i mean is that the beam only deals dmg numbers as a factor of 8. so u wont be able to archieve a 3 or 4dmg attack i guess.
                  but its a fact that link starts sucking *** with increasing ping since its impossible to aim correctly since u only see the center beam and not where the actual dmg goes. so basically, link deals the more dmg the lower your ping is.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucius2
                    that isnt right for sure, because u can shoot the core on serenity at the beserk with stinger secondary, but not with link prime. same on islander from the rocket turret next to the sniper. u can hit the core there with stinger sec, but not with link prime. but idk about shock cores and rockets atm.
                    oh yeah, it was late and i had to go so i didn't check the terms to see what maxeffectdistance means lol. and it means how far you can still see the effect of the bullet, not how far it travels.

so only the lifespan is related to how far it travel and the lifespan of the stinger shard is 10(seconds i presume), the shock core has a lifespan of 8s, rocket 8s, link primary 3s(reported to it's speed...), scorpion globe 1.6s etc.

Comment

Hmmm this type of fire are not precise and u can just use it for hit a node or core but not pp or vehicule from away. Some pp spam from away and i totaly hate it! They are not realy looking at u but they can kill u because they just press fire button with link and stinger! idk for u but when i m at long distance from some1 i use snipe or shock, sometimes enforcer but not link/minigun/roquet !

Comment

Working...
                      X