Two questions: Headshot, Stinggun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two questions: Headshot, Stinggun

1) Does every weapon make more damage when hitting the head (Enforcer, Link, Shock, Rocket, Bio) ??

2) which firemode of the stinggun is for closer ranges more effective against soldiers (if there is no such thing like pushing somebody into an abyss), primary or secondary ??

please post your comment :-)

1. Only the Sniper rifle can land a headshot, and it's the only weapon that's bullet will do more damage if it hits the head hitbox.
    2. If you want to push an enemy off a cliff or bridge, the secondary is more effective because it will push them back, unlike the primary. The secondary shards have significant knock-back, take no time to charge up (the primary needs a second or two to start shooting out more bullets at a faster rate), and more damage than the primary, but the primary is Instant hit and only takes up 1 ammo while the secondary takes 2.

Comment

For strategy I use the 2ndary stinger fire when at a medium/long range and have no other long range weapon. A bit more surprise to the receiver since they might not know your immediate location and the accuracy is better in terms of damage/hits landed than the primary at distances.

Comment

Short answer: Stinger primary.

Stinger primary fire is effective for close to med-long range. The closer you are the more damage you'll do per second but it'll be harder to keep your crosshairs over the target.

Stinger secondary fire requires prediction as well as aim. It does less damage per second than primary fire at close range. It's good for immobile targets at long range and has perhaps the longest range of any weapon in the game. I usually only use it at choke points. Somewhere I know the enemy must pass if they want to complete their objective. For example the stairs leading up to the prime node on Market District. The knockback works great. If they don't figure it out quick they often keep trying to run up the stairs and get killed.

Comment

Wow, you guys are really quick. Thanks a lot! In the german www.ut3forum.de I got mostly after a week a single answer, if at all ;-)

Concerning the head shot:
          I had the impression if I hit severeal times with an enforcer exactly the head, they die faster. But probably that was only an imagination.

Concerning the secondary stinger fire for long distances I am surprised:
          The primary fire bullets hit the target with no time delay, even if they spread widely. But the secondary fire is slow, so I would have guessed, that the prey can dodge easily....

Its very interessting to hear new meanings and strategies. If you have more to say, just post it :-)

Comment

fireball == fireball313?

Comment

Originally posted by demoniac View Post
              fireball == fireball313?
              no, thats another player :-)

Comment

1) Does every weapon make more damage when hitting the head (Enforcer, Link, Shock, Rocket, Bio) ??
                Landing a headshot with the Biorifle won't yield additional damage, but it will earn you the Peter North award.

Comment

Originally posted by H3i53nb3rg View Post
                  Landing a headshot with the Biorifle won't yield additional damage, but it will earn you the Peter North award.

If you stick a teammate with a charged up secondary biogoop, he or she can carry it around for a while. Makes a nice giant green backpack to celebrate back-to-school! ... Speaking of which, I better get my summer reading done!

Comment

Originally posted by ZzyzX View Post
                    If you stick a teammate with a charged up secondary biogoop, he or she can carry it around for a while. Makes a nice giant green backpack to celebrate back-to-school!
                    But if you do, make sure you aren't on a server with Friendly Fire enabled.

Comment

So everybody else also thinks extra damage to head is only made by Sniper ?

Comment

Sniper is the only weapon that does double damage when you shoot someone in the head. There is a way to get a headshot with the Bio-goo but it's just the award and it's a bug.

Lesser known sniper fact: If you're standing still enemy headshot hitboxes are larger but so is yours.

More known sniper fact: You can snipe someone out of a Manta, Viper or turret of any kind. You can't headshot the DW gunner even though you can see his head.

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
                          Sniper is the only weapon that does double damage when you shoot someone in the head. There is a way to get a headshot with the Bio-goo but it's just the award and it's a bug.

Lesser known sniper fact: If you're standing still enemy headshot hitboxes are larger but so is yours.

More known sniper fact: You can snipe someone out of a Manta, Viper or turret of any kind. You can't headshot the DW gunner even though you can see his head.
                          thanks a lot for this additional tips :-)

one thing seems a bit odd:

when I stand still, my and also others headshot hitboxes get larger. this must lead to: if an enemy stands still, his and also mine head hitbox get larger. And therefore there would be three sizes of head hitboxes: both moving=small, one of us moving and the other not: medium size, both standing still=big head hitbox. Is that so? Seems a bit weird ;-)

Comment

oh i always thought alternate link to the head did more damage oh well

Comment

Originally posted by fireball View Post
                              when I stand still, my and also others headshot hitboxes get larger. this must lead to: if an enemy stands still, his and also mine head hitbox get larger. And therefore there would be three sizes of head hitboxes: both moving=small, one of us moving and the other not: medium size, both standing still=big head hitbox. Is that so? Seems a bit weird ;-)
                              It does seem odd but that is roughly my understanding of it. I read it here in the forums. Someone said they'd read it in the game code. I can't personally gaurantee it's true.

Comment

Working...
                              X