Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by H3i53nb3rg View Post
    campspense, necrapilous and lamestorm
    Necrapilous, LOL

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by UnrealGrrl View Post
    im loading up custom maps as we speak and will be open to suggestions plan is to run NW CTF w/map voting and as many good custom maps as i can find, theres quite a few that should be played out there besides Thorns and w00t! (but of course those will be there too) and some of the HOLP maps ...

the server is open to test (not hard to find) but will be going up and down alot while i get all the settings and stuff in order, so if youre there and get dumped its cause its still getting set up, but feel free to take a look - pings fabulous here in the NE so i hope that all you CTFers will come out and play should be runnin solid for this weekend (i hope) if you do jump on, pls let me know if you see anything weird (besides me)
    What's the IP?

Edit:

Found it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AKWolf View Post
    Yeah , I think flag junkies is gone , I was forced into IG , which has a couple servers full most of the time...one of them is good with all the custom Ctf maps.

Sioux cant wait to see what you come up with....
    im loading up custom maps as we speak and will be open to suggestions plan is to run NW CTF w/map voting and as many good custom maps as i can find, theres quite a few that should be played out there besides Thorns and w00t! (but of course those will be there too) and some of the HOLP maps ...

the server is open to test (not hard to find) but will be going up and down alot while i get all the settings and stuff in order, so if youre there and get dumped its cause its still getting set up, but feel free to take a look - pings fabulous here in the NE so i hope that all you CTFers will come out and play should be runnin solid for this weekend (i hope) if you do jump on, pls let me know if you see anything weird (besides me)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This blows, I have to find another good CTF server. I have Flag Junkies saved as a favorite and it's definitely down..ping is 9999, dead.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The only CTF server that is ever populated with 10+ people 24/7 is that Rockets and Snipers server. However, it's not really fun because all of the people who play are Halo die-hards who know nothing of the game and you start with every weapon available on the map, and each has maxed out ammo, like a Shock with 150. For some reason, there are always like 10 bots playing even when there are a dozen players on the server, and there are only the first 6 stock maps to choose from. It's pretty sad how dead CTF is, considering how it was one of the biggest gametypes in UT2k4.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I generally stay away from VCTF servers nowadays because alternating between campspense, necrapilous and lamestorm for 4 hours isn't exactly my idea of fun. It's made even worse by the fact that the people who set up the VCTF servers that I have a low ping on, made the ridiculous decision to set the cap limit to 20. I mean honestly, even when the teams are grossly imbalanced, the chances of that cap limit being reached before the 20 minute mark are slim at best. This effectively forces you to play for a full 20 minutes on maps that are overplayed as it is and consequently makes the feeling of monotony (on VCTF) even more pronounced.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah , I think flag junkies is gone , I was forced into IG , which has a couple servers full most of the time...one of them is good with all the custom Ctf maps.

Sioux cant wait to see what you come up with....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    And even some servers have added custom maps with close to no effect what soever to help boost the community, people just seem impatient, not wanting to download new maps becuase, theyre uninterested in playing them, or just dont want to have to dowload them from the server, or they're afraid of change. The severs try to bring back the community as much as possible, even thouhg many people arent attracted to custom maps. Like i said many regular players on severs are just scared of change, it took them a while to master many tecniques on all the stock maps, they just dont want to accept that they may do worse on maps they've never played. All in all, like ShadeMistress said, many servers died down and so did the community, either they just gave up with the game or decided to play offline, either way that tends to lead to a decline in community activity and affects thoses of us left how are looking to have an enjoyable time with others online. Even if most of the servers are gone, there are still some good servers up that have , or have started to put up custom maps to boost the community, but i guess people arent into that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    its been down for seems like over a week or so now - hope they come back soon! i dont know who ran it though to even ask...

i finally gave in and im in the process of loading maps on a custom CTF server. ill announce it opening soon

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Really?

I leave for one week and the server goes away?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This may sound silly, but...

Is it possible that they're being filtered out by the full/empty filter?

I usually play on the Raptor server and was surprised when it disappeared, but it was just empty at the time and was caught by the filter. I leave both filters off by default now.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Heh. I used to play on the VvV server (Veni, vidi, vici). It was always filled and with low ping, and now all of a sudden it's gone too...

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Flag Junkies server?

Flag Junkies server?

I used to to play on the Flag Junkies CTF server all the time and now it has vanished. Is it gone for good? Anybody know?
Working...
X