This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Epic Forget About 360 Users?

Well my fellow 360 users, Unreal Tournament 3 has been out on 360 consoles nationwide since July 7 2008, its been almost 2 months of asking Epic for a patch or some free downloadable content for the game like maps mods etc.

Still they have given us nothing except they keep telling us to post on the patch thread for patch related comments well im not seeing to that, every other console including pc has patches and tons of downloadable content for Unreal Tournament 3, so where is ours?

I want an answer a date to when we can stop waiting on Epic hand and foot and get the patch we've been wanting for 2 months and the downloadable content that every other gaming platform seems to already have tons of.

SO EPIC GIVE US 360 USERS A REAL ANSWER NOT ONE THAT SAYS POST THIS IN A DIFFERENT TOPIC BUT ONE THAT WILL GIVE US HOPE TO WHEN WILL GET WHAT WE WANT!

PS3 version came out December 11, 2007. First PS3 patch came out March 21, 2008. That's over 3 months. Console patches take a while to get certified for release.

Comment

As far as patches go, we to are waiting and have our own patch threads. Everyones in pretty much the same boat.

That DLC you refer to is user made, and you can thank Microsoft for not getting it, it's not Epics fault. 360 actually has more stock maps than us.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonBlood View Post
        PS3 version came out December 11, 2007. First PS3 patch came out March 21, 2008. That's over 3 months. Console patches take a while to get certified for release.

Well Thanks for the information MoonBlood its greatly appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by Xerxes View Post
          As far as patches go, we to are waiting and have our own patch threads. Everyones in pretty much the same boat.

That DLC you refer to is user made, and you can thank Microsoft for not getting it, it's not Epics fault. 360 actually has more stock maps than us.
          Yea it may be microsofts fault for whatever they may have done but
          epic has the option for free map downloads from the marketplace or straight from there game aswell.

If there not able to then how come rainbow six vegas 2 was able too
          or even halo 3 its maps are free after awhile well why cant epic do the
          same thing

I dont see any reason why epic cant follow the same lines as rainbow six and realese maps for free.

Comment

Originally posted by UnrealNecris View Post
            If there not able to then how come rainbow six vegas 2 was able too
            or even halo 3 its maps are free after awhile well why cant epic do the
            same thing
            The epic team is rather small and they're currently dealing with GoW2 as well as patches for 2 other versions of the game and they're probably working on real DLC (not just repackaging user made mods for 360) at the same time, not to mention the work they're doing on upgrading the hugely popular Unreal Engine 3.

They've got their plate full and the fans are getting shafted because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tailsnake View Post
              The epic team is rather small and they're currently dealing with GoW2 as well as patches for 2 other versions of the game and they're probably working on real DLC (not just repackaging user made mods for 360) at the same time, not to mention the work they're doing on upgrading the hugely popular Unreal Engine 3.

They've got their plate full and the fans are getting shafted because of it.
              thats no excuse

Comment

Epic believes you XBox people should get free custom content.. Its M$ who has a problem with you guys getting it for free....... due to their costly and painful certification process. I am a PC player so I am not involved in the whole PS3 vs. 360 thing, but you should have bought a PS3. M$ already has a stanglehold on the PC OS market and all it means is that they inflict awful half finished OS's for us and we have no choice but to take them (IE you need vista64 for DX10 and 4GB) you need vista for DX10 period. You need a poorly supported 64bit OS fullstop to even make use of anything more than 3GB of RAM.

Dont do the same thing to the console community, fight the power!
                Anyone who is an unreal tournament fan shouldnt think twice over choosing a PS3 over a X360. Sorry but its the facts as i see them, I acknowledge there are other views.
                The PS3 version has recieved a patch so why would you think you wouldnt get a X360 one? Its better to get a patch that is worked out properly than a rushed out one that only half does the job it is supposed to do.

Comment

Working...
                X