How do you change your UT3 Password?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you change your UT3 Password?

Ok I really need to know how to change your account name password. And I'm tired of trying www.gamespyid.com It DOESN'T WORK. I put in my email, I see the name i'm using, I go to the settings CHANGE the password, then when I try to login with that password? SAME problem. Tells me to go to gamespyid.com WHY are our accounts saved on gamespy of all things? Why couldn't we change account settings in the game, or atleast the website???

you can also change your password at www.fileplanet.com its the same as www.gamespyid.com
    try all caps for password

Comment

Didn't work.. I'm so sick of gamespy. Jesus christ. My username in UT3 is m0pt0p. I KNOW what email I use, because I only use 1 for gaming. When I login to that email, I see m0pt0p. I see all of my info and I change the password. But my password in UT3 is STILL the same. It's so annoying. Someone please help.

Comment

Is there atleast a way to find out what email address you used for your account? I NEED to change my password. And gamespy and fileplanet both blow.

Comment

I have the same problem... the gamespy features are so crippled. There is absolutely NOTHING at gamespy (nor fileplanet) that works for UT3. Cannot change pass, email nor nickname... well u can change it... without any effect.

Comment

Originally posted by MastaBlaster View Post
            I have the same problem... the gamespy features are so crippled. There is absolutely NOTHING at gamespy (nor fileplanet) that works for UT3. Cannot change pass, email nor nickname... well u can change it... without any effect.
            LOL i can't even log in to gamespy or fileplanet using my UT3 log in , it tells me ur account does not exist.

Comment

Tbh they would be better of using steam, gotta admit I like steam way more then gamespy(ware).

Comment

I take then there is no way to change your UT3 USERNAME once it is set?

Comment

Your UT3 login is not your gamespy login. You may have the same username in UT3 but UT3 uses its own namespace. Therefore to change its password, you have to look up your UT3 profile in Gamespy first and then change it from there. Changing your main Gamespy account password will NOT affect UT3.

Having said this, I agree that GS just needs to go.

Comment

Bersy is correct.

http://gamespyid.com

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
                      Bersy is correct.

http://gamespyid.com
                      Is Bersy correct about the whole thing or just about the password part j/k!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post

Originally posted by Flak View Post
                        Bersy is correct.
                        I wish gamespy is not there in the expansion flak can u tell the devs plz.

maybe ur email address would be a good starting point that might mail you a link to reset your password.

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
                          Your UT3 login is not your gamespy login. You may have the same username in UT3 but UT3 uses its own namespace. Therefore to change its password, you have to look up your UT3 profile in Gamespy first and then change it from there. Changing your main Gamespy account password will NOT affect UT3.

I recently installed UT3 and created a profile. I would like to change the password so I tried following the advice from Bersy's 12-16-2008, 02:39 AM post: I created an account at gamespyid.com with the same username and e-mail as in the UT3 game.

Having done this, I can't find any trace of my UT3 profile on gamespyid, or any of the other affiliated sites.

Bersy: how do I look up my UT3 profile in Gamespy? Help would be appreciated!

Comment

I did not change my password, but I guess you have to do this:
                            Go to this site, login with your UT3 account and password:
                            https://login.gamespyid.com/IgnAccou...untUpdate.aspx

Then I think you have to update the account.
                            Creating a new account seems illogical to me.
                            Try it and say if it works.
                            I may change my password sometime...

Greets

Comment

doesn't work for me

it didn't recognize the login name. :/

Comment

Working...
                              X