• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

x6.LoSt-CaUzE takes 1st in UT3

http://www.check6gaming.com/banner/lc.jpg [Headline Image]

x6.LoSt-CaUzE takes 1st in UT3

By Donn “PopE” Welflin

If you have bought a set of Able Planet Headphones in the past year and a half, chances are you have probably seen the packaging with a picture of a man with the nickname Lost-Cauze. Rafik "LoSt-CaUzE" Bryant is arguably one of the greatest players in all of Quake 4. He has now set his eyes on participating competitively with Check 6 and he started so by crushing every opponent by a large margin in the NVision 2008 Unreal Tournament 3 Tournament.

Jeff "HunteR_" Hunter, Matt "Fatback" Khon, and Rafik "Lost-CauZe" Bryant are currently planning what the future holds for the relationship between them. Rafik did not plan to participate in Unreal Tournament 3, 1v1 bracket. He had only played the game two times previous, less than one week in all, and he is excited to be the best UT3 Player in America. He was nervous coming into the event with the amount of time ecstasy has put into the game, but his experience in first person shooters and previous versions of Unreal Tournament proved to be enough.

Rafik completely dismantled the competition, taking each game played at an average of 24-2. In total, he played 6 matches, two rounds each. In the finals, Rafik played Ecstasy, the top female player at the competition and won 28-8.

More @ http://Check6Gaming.com

Results: http://blogs.nvidia.com/nvision/2008...e-lan-t-1.html

Cool thanks, wondered what happened. Good to see a female gamer do so well too.
    Wonder if any Demos or video was taken of the event..?

EDIT* I can't find the story dude, do you have a link?

Comment

Congrats to lost-cause. Not to the discredit of Lost- or to the defense of stryfe and ecstacy but I pretty sure that neither stryfe or ecstacy hadn't touched ut3 in months but that's their own dumb fault and lost- only having played with xellos for 2 days did very well.

Comment

i knew i should've gone to that **** tournament. this is depressing. congrats though lost-cauze

Comment

[UPDATED WITH LINK PER REQUEST]
          http://blogs.nvidia.com/nvision/2008...e-lan-t-1.html

Comment

*edit* double post

Comment

oh and he was the best AT THE TOURNAMENT. not in north america.

Comment

boots, afterall, why didnt you go? I was so surprised to see lost-cauze winning, after all the conversations I had with you and xDBS, and watching FGL results. I thought myself of going to america, but the prize wasn't worthy at all, still talked to my manager but he just opened my eyes.

Comment

lol its one tournament, not the north american championships or something. cant really say hes #1 in the country. tbh i dont even know who even showed up for this :/

Comment

got talked out of going by my gf and mother. they convinced me that school was more important ^_^. i will be going to the next lan (if there even is one) that way we can fix this thread.

Comment

lost cauze is apparently roughly my skill level... thus not nearly the best in the us lol.

Comment

Yea I imagine boots woulda' raged him.

Comment

love ya hypno

Comment

Demos or it didn't happen!

Comment

Using caps randomly in the nick is so amazingly gay that I just can't - regardless of his gaming skill - respect or like him even the least bit. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X