No announcement yet.

Should I get UT3 for PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are also 2 vCTF and 1 WAR map party pack, soon to be 2 WAR map party packs with great content, (~70 maps).

PC is where you will have the best community, highest skill clans, and most challenging gameplay. There is a place for everyone at every skill level in the PC version.

Ranging from if you just want to play at your leisure with mature players or if you want the challenge and the honor of competing with the best, then this is definitely where it's at.

Comment

There's thing's I'd say why you might think twice about making your purchase, but it would probably be swiftly removed from these forums. If you would like a more in-depth explanation feel free to hop on irc.

Comment

Originally posted by god smack View Post
        yes but sometimes they aren't bringed up to date and for people whose cares about stats can be annoying (personally i don't care) that's all
        From my experience the stats usually are up to date. The onus is on the player to check that their connection is working. I used to have lots of problems with my stats not updating until I figured out that my router wasn't configured properly. After fixing some settings (instructions found on my ISP's website), I didn't have further problems with stats not updating. Of course when the server you're playing on screws up then stats are probably not going to update properly but that's not a fault that you can attribute to the game.

Considering how comprehensive the stats pages are, the odd mishap with stats not updating is not really a big deal IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Tweakd View Post
          Get it! It's great if you have the patience to learn how to play.
          But pleeeeease, don't be shocked 'cause you got fragged a lot @ the first days, that's normal !

I had a very long break between UT 2K4 and UT3, and unlike before i was a really badass player. But after a couple of days beeing owned, i became better by hard hard training and I am now able to play against anyone. Don't be frustrated at the start, and UT3 will become your favourite Online game ;-)

Some Pro for the PC-Version: Faster and more "natural" (console versions have auto aiming help -.- ) then the UT3 for console, better to handle 'cause of the unbeatable mouse/keyboard combo and a really funny community ^^

Comment

Originally posted by H3i53nb3rg View Post
            From my experience the stats usually are up to date. The onus is on the player to check that their connection is working. I used to have lots of problems with my stats not updating until I figured out that my router wasn't configured properly. After fixing some settings (instructions found on my ISP's website), I didn't have further problems with stats not updating. Of course when the server you're playing on screws up then stats are probably not going to update properly but that's not a fault that you can attribute to the game.

Considering how comprehensive the stats pages are, the odd mishap with stats not updating is not really a big deal IMO.
            oh ok then

Comment

There is also the HOLP map pack with HOLP2 release in a few weeks.

Comment

Cool... downloading the bonus map pack right now.

How often are those custom maps played?

Looking forward to getting my *** kicked all day today . Thanks everyone for the help, looks like a great community.

Comment

Originally posted by SaferWaters View Post
                  How often are those custom maps played?
                  depend on what server you are playing on obviously, but I think quite a lot of servers have at least some custom maps on the rotation, but the people playing often vote for non-custom maps so you will end up playing the non-custom maps mostly.

Comment

Yea, get it by all means, hammering someone to a mist of fine bloody chunks with the impact hammer doesnt get old!!!

Comment

Originally posted by someone on first page said View Post
                      the cool motion blur effects.
                      LOL. The only graphical thing about UT3 that i dont like is the blurring. Graphics or the game itself doesnt improve when u make it blurry.

Hope Epic keeps making kick *** FPS games for PC but hopefully without blurring

dont u just love when a stranger comes and ruins the conversation by talking about something completely different.

Comment

http://www.gogamer.com/Unreal-Tourna...viewprod.htm:D

Comment

you can get this game for as little as $20 and then have access to around 600 free user maps...... nuff said in my view lol

Comment

Working...
                          X