Should I get UT3 for PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I get UT3 for PC?

Just got new graphics card for my new pc and it can run UT3!! Hurray. Spore, which I will get on Sept. 17th, is coming out soon and I'm wondering if I should get UT3.

I no UT3 is great but I'm really into stats and I would definitely get UT3 if it had some good or even decvent stat tracking that goes beyond kills death and K...

maybe accuracy and individual weapon stats would be cool.

Anything else cool about UT3 for PC that would make me want to get it

Originally posted by SaferWaters View Post
    Just got new graphics card for my new pc and it can run UT3!! Hurray. Spore, which I will get on Sept. 17th, is coming out soon and I'm wondering if I should get UT3.

I no UT3 is great but I'm really into stats and I would definitely get UT3 if it had some good or even decvent stat tracking that goes beyond kills death and K...

Maybe the cool motion blur effects.

Comment

well, i wouldnt exactly reccomend it for the stats (translation: they suck)
      but is really good if you like to practice and master various tecniques, with which you can easily doom the new players and if you become good you can kill almost every1

Comment

Yes, pick it up. Its the best shooter out there > <
        You can track your stats from www.enemydown.co.uk
        UT3 has a large modding community, so there are plenty of custom maps, characters, mods etc.

im addicted to the motion blur! Its a whole new experience now.
        The great thing is that its not as gpu intensive so it doesnt drop the FPS too much.

Comment

I wasn't expecting like flow charts of my pwning . Just hoping for basics... like currently im playing CoD4 and it doesnt tell u how many kills u have with 1 weapon which drives me crazy. I plan on dropping CoD4 cuz of the lack of balance around certain perks (stopping power + certain weapons = 1 hit kill sometimes).

From what I can tell UT3 is just good balanced fun. Just hoping to get some stats... u no kills with a certain weapon.

thx for the responses thus far guys

Comment

PC version rules, totally awsome gameplay. Stats are for online matches only, not instant action, and they are done pretty well. There are 2 main sites,

http://www.enemydown.co.uk/game.php?gameselect=UT3

and

http://www.dfbutclan.com/modules.php...rver_Stats_ut3 (not finished yet)

Just write the player nic in the search box and it will come up or click on any player name on the list and you will see their stats.

Comment

Not to use/showoff myself as an example but something like this?
              http://www.enemydown.co.uk/ut3stats.php?id=88134185
              These stats mainly show rewards. Unfortunetly it doesnt tell you these stats right after a game. You have to go back into the main menu to see all of it. The ingame stats show kills/deaths/suicides per weapon and then some.

UT3 is somewhat one hit kills with certain weapons (always having over 100+ health/shield pickups will prevent that tho).
              The game is extreamly fast/intense so a good mouse or a controller is necessary I'd say to get the job done.

Comment

Originally posted by SaferWaters View Post

I got a new gaming laptop for spore too, I also plan on picking up UT3 on the PC for some FPS on the side

Comment

Originally posted by god smack View Post
                  well, i wouldnt exactly reccomend it for the stats (translation: they suck)
                  but is really good if you like to practice and master various tecniques, with which you can easily doom the new players and if you become good you can kill almost every1
                  Mate, UT3's stats system is much much much more comprehensive than that of any other current generation game, and that's an understatement. I mean the TF2 and COD4 stats systems (if you can call them that) tell you next to nothing, especially compared to what UT3 offers.

Comment

Hell yeah u should buy it.

get it off steam for a VERY cheap price.

Comment

Originally posted by H3i53nb3rg View Post
                      Mate, UT3's stats system is much much much more comprehensive than that of any other current generation game, and that's an understatement. I mean the TF2 and COD4 stats systems (if you can call them that) tell you next to nothing, especially compared to what UT3 offers.
                      yes but sometimes they aren't bringed up to date and for people whose cares about stats can be annoying (personally i don't care) that's all

Comment

If you like a hardcore, old skool shooter on your drive, yeah, you should get it. It's also a drop-dead gorgeous game if you have the hardware.

Comment

Get it! It's great if you have the patience to learn how to play.

Comment

k, you guys convinced me... getting it tomorrow and already DL'd patch 1.3 so that I can just install the patch right after the game.

I'm really excited

Does 1.3 include bonus maps?

Comment

1.3 doesn't include any maps, but there is a Bonus Pack which does: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=608057

There's also the Community Bonus Pack: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=615457

AND.. there's all the awesome stuff in the beta and full releases section of these forums.

Beta releases: http://utforums.epicgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=340
                              Full releases: http://utforums.epicgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=341

Comment

Working...
                              X