Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WAR Beach Front ... just ... just ... AWESOME!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAR Beach Front ... just ... just ... AWESOME!

WAR Beach Front

I am just awestruck. This map is sooo good. I haven't been playing for a while and when I played yesterday, people voted for this map. When I saw it, played it, downloaded it and played/tested with bots... it reignited my passion for the game. I didn't get much sleep today either .
    Highly recommended. If you don't have it yet, please get it and vote for it.
    Usually new maps are kinda crappier looking, but this one? It's as good as original maps, if not better.

Here are some pictures, word from creator - Thanks _N_, great job!! - and download link is somewhere there too.
    http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?p=2152111

And for you who know this map. Any hints? Tricks? Tactics? Something like; redeemer accessible at each base through half open door. The third one behind waterfall. Nightshade at Black Cliff Node accessible from behind of the building, invisibility in a bush by Beach Node...
    I am thinking, good tactic would be to get the only one Manta at South Island Node and taxi an orb carrier with it.

Why did you make this a poll?

Comment

Originally posted by U-R-K View Post
      Why did you make this a poll?
      so you can ask me this question ;-) and maybe because there is too much criticism in the world

ok, the answer is. just for fun. sorry if I have taken 5 seconds off your life by you thinking about it ;-)

ok, another answer. Why not?

OMG, my job is soo boring right now

Comment

_N_ is the man! It's a great map!

Comment

it's ok, better than most custom maps, not as good as most of the stock maps

Comment

It's certainly one of the better custom maps. It's large but has sufficiently many powerful vehicles to ensure that everyone, regardless (well essentially anyway) of ping, gets a piece of the action.

Comment

nice one thanx i will give it a try, pity to spill blood on it though

Comment

+1.

Please europeran server admins with custom maps, put this on your server lists . I've never played it online.

But I do think that Zeroimpact is slightly better in htat the map's had more time to be playtested.

Comment

I disliked it. A lot.

Comment

There are a couple issues with this map.

The tree leaves shield the island node from tank fire and everything else. Tree leaves should not do this.

Nodes linked directly to the core, prime nodes, should not be linked together. This allows for the perverbial rape type scenerio to occur when one side spanks the other too quickly with no chance of a comeback.

Comment

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
                      There are a couple issues with this map.

The tree leaves shield the island node from tank fire and everything else. Tree leaves should not do this.

Nodes linked directly to the core, prime nodes, should not be linked together. This allows for the perverbial rape type scenerio to occur when one side spanks the other too quickly with no chance of a comeback.
                      Totally agree Bobba

Comment

Totally disagree.

If the tank could take down the island node from a distance, there would be no reason to ever take it. It would go down far too easily. If you want to take it out from a distance, there's always the SPMA or the redeemer. The idea behind the island and forest nodes is to favour infantry over vehicles in securing them (to a certain extent).

I don't understand the issue with the prime nodes. Primes are connected to island/forest and the team's tank node. If the issue is that someone could take your tank node and attack both primes at once, there's still a tank, a paladin, a hellbender, and (I think) two scorpions, and a redeemer back at your base. There's also a spider mine on the rock, an emp by your tank node, and a nightshade over at one of your primes to hold that back/make sure it doesn't happen.

As more people get to know the map better, I think it'll turn into a another map that constantly goes into overtime.

Comment

This is a request for someone to cook this map for PS3 please.

Comment

its one of my favorite custom map!

Comment

Originally posted by existenz1 View Post
                              This is a request for someone to cook this map for PS3 please.
                              its already cooked

Comment

Working...
                              X