Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling out all the females that play Deathmatch

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #91
    PMS were a Counterstrike: Source clan consisting off all women who played constantly and trained extremely hard, as I recall. At one point, they were the best clan in CS:S. I guess the same could be done for PS3 UT3

    Comment


      #92
      Originally posted by Tailsnake View Post
      Assuming you plan to purchase individual components and build the PC yourself and even then a $500 can't be expected to run UT3 with impressive FPS and it wont be able to run the newest games in two or so years quite well. For a pre-built PC there's no way you'll get good gaming value for anywhere near $500.

      really, for alot of folks it just doesn't make sense. You can buy a console system for less than 1 kick *** video card. and a console can have anywhere from 4-6 years for a lifespan. To build a good to badass gaming rig AND maintain it with upgrades to keep it around for that long is like digging a hole and trying to fill it with cash, console gaming provides an even playing field, with little to no cheating.

      Comment


        #93
        Originally posted by ipwnhardxcore View Post
        lol my poor thread turned into something else >.< epic fail for me!!!
        Yeah, got derailed just a little.
        At least we are bumping it for you!

        Comment


          #94
          Oh, how I miss the Unreal Championship games I used to play.......can't wait to get my hands on UT3

          Comment


            #95
            the question is: why are you asking just for females?

            Comment


              #96
              Originally posted by marketpantry View Post
              the question is: why are you asking just for females?
              Uh, read OP.

              Comment


                #97
                Originally posted by skag187 View Post
                really, for alot of folks it just doesn't make sense. You can buy a console system for less than 1 kick *** video card. and a console can have anywhere from 4-6 years for a lifespan. To build a good to badass gaming rig AND maintain it with upgrades to keep it around for that long is like digging a hole and trying to fill it with cash, console gaming provides an even playing field, with little to no cheating.
                I think you're exaggerating the cost. If you're willing to spend $600 every 4-6 years (the original price of the PS3, am I correct?), that's more than enough for a top-of-the-line graphics card. And that GPU component is often all you really need to upgrade to keep your system performing.

                A lot of people overestimate the cost of PC gaming, and I think just as many overestimate the frequency and necessity of upgrades. Hopefully, the PC Gaming Alliance will work to dispel these misconceptions.

                Comment


                  #98
                  Originally posted by skag187 View Post
                  really, for alot of folks it just doesn't make sense. You can buy a console system for less than 1 kick *** video card. and a console can have anywhere from 4-6 years for a lifespan. To build a good to badass gaming rig AND maintain it with upgrades to keep it around for that long is like digging a hole and trying to fill it with cash, console gaming provides an even playing field, with little to no cheating.
                  Quite comparing the top video cards to buying a console, that's completely out of line. A 500 dollar gaming computer will destroy UT3 and be fine for games for the next 3ish years. Your also forgetting about how consoles have higher priced games which evens the money field.

                  Comment


                    #99
                    RAR RAR RAR 3d VideEo G4mz!

                    If at all possible Ipwn should record the matches seeing as how this is practically a UT3 challenge tourney thing.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by U-R-K View Post
                      I think you're exaggerating the cost. If you're willing to spend $600 every 4-6 years (the original price of the PS3, am I correct?), that's more than enough for a top-of-the-line graphics card. And that GPU component is often all you really need to upgrade to keep your system performing.

                      A lot of people overestimate the cost of PC gaming, and I think just as many overestimate the frequency and necessity of upgrades. Hopefully, the PC Gaming Alliance will work to dispel these misconceptions.
                      There more to take into consideration than price when you talk about PC gaming though. You still need to consider Which CPU (Quad or DUal then which clock speed, bus, etc), GPU (ATI or NVIDIA then which generation then the model), RAM, Operating system, Case, Monitor (Size, Type, Resolution, Refresh Rate, etc), keyboard, mouse, hard drive (capacity, RPM), and then some and even after that you still need to worry about drivers, updates, compatibility, tweaking, etc.

                      With a console the most difficult choice you have to make is PS3 or 360 then which model. The systems update themselves, games are optimized as well as they can be for the hardware and certain things like voice chat and universal friends lists are better on consoles.

                      And when it comes to the actual games PCs really only excel in Shooters and RTS games (I'm considering stuff like Rolloer Coaster Tycoon, Sim City, Spore, and The Sims under RTS too). Consoles perform just as well (if not better) as PCs in almost every other genre of games.

                      For someone not geared to the technical aspects the console is a far better choice for gaming. I personally prefer consoles, I hate having to type to communicate when I could just talk (I know about Team Speak but it's not something almost everyone uses like mics on consoles) and I'm not very good at keeping up with the latest drivers and etc.

                      In the end PC gaming suits some, console gaming just tends to appeal to far more.

                      Comment


                        WAY TO DERAIL!
                        This is actually a interesting thread without the consumer analysis of consoles and PC's!

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Tailsnake View Post
                          In the end PC gaming suits some, console gaming just tends to appeal to far more.
                          "Lowest common denominator!"

                          Originally posted by Bebo View Post
                          This is actually a interesting thread without the consumer analysis of consoles and PC's!
                          That stuff is like a bonus, though!

                          Comment


                            EG|Ecstacy is the real deal if you want a challenger, but she plays on PC. ;]

                            http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1..._5exy/3991.jpg
                            http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1..._5exy/4008.jpg

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by xi0s View Post
                              EG|Ecstacy is the real deal if you want a challenger, but she plays on PC. ;]

                              http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1..._5exy/3991.jpg
                              http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1..._5exy/4008.jpg
                              I said that 80 pages ago...stop giving annie publicity....
                              Maybe annie can play her on PS3?

                              Comment


                                PC does have gamepads you know, and ut3 supports it so why not play on the pc? then on the ps3 just to be even

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X