Calling out all the females that play Deathmatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Oh, how I miss the Unreal Championship games I used to play.......can't wait to get my hands on UT3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ipwnhardxcore View Post
    lol my poor thread turned into something else >.< epic fail for me!!!
    Yeah, got derailed just a little.
    At least we are bumping it for you!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Tailsnake View Post
    Assuming you plan to purchase individual components and build the PC yourself and even then a $500 can't be expected to run UT3 with impressive FPS and it wont be able to run the newest games in two or so years quite well. For a pre-built PC there's no way you'll get good gaming value for anywhere near $500.

really, for alot of folks it just doesn't make sense. You can buy a console system for less than 1 kick *** video card. and a console can have anywhere from 4-6 years for a lifespan. To build a good to badass gaming rig AND maintain it with upgrades to keep it around for that long is like digging a hole and trying to fill it with cash, console gaming provides an even playing field, with little to no cheating.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    PMS were a Counterstrike: Source clan consisting off all women who played constantly and trained extremely hard, as I recall. At one point, they were the best clan in CS:S. I guess the same could be done for PS3 UT3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ipwnhardxcore View Post
    no it hasnt its done quite well there is loads more info than u need prob, but i would say it is doing ok, info is just spewing out from all directions, its all good

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by xxTRAPxx View Post
    Yea, but if all that breaks, who am I going to send it to? With a system, at least I have a warranty so I can send it in (MICROSOFT.....four systems in two years). PC gaming, just not for me.
    I think you'll find that PC hardware is made of sterner stuff than that, it's not often that it just "breaks." I guess xboxes fail a lot, but that's because it's a bunch of hot-running components stuffed into a flimsy little plastic box. PCs aren't quite like that.

But if you did run into trouble that you couldn't solve on your own, you could just bring it in to a computer repair shop (you don't have to ship it off to some single centralized place). Most big stores like Best Buy and Circuit City have a department that offers such services.

Most people have a perfectly functioning PC for basic computer amenities (Web Browsing, Word Processing, etc) so that doesn't really justify the price. For the average person the only reason to get a gaming quality PC would be to game. So it kinda comes down to 1000+ dollars for a good gaming PC (that'll remain "good" for at least 3-4 more years) or $399 for a PS3/360 that'll remain a viable console for at least 3-4 more years..
    The point was that you wouldn't need another device to web browse, word process, manage media, burn DVDs etc. etc. and game, for the money you are getting all those things in one. Maybe you already have something that does those things, maybe not, it's beside the point.

And keep in mind that you don't have to just replace everything when it's time to upgrade, sometimes it's just a piece or two. Sure, it'll cost more than a console when you first get into it, but once you've got a base to work with, it's not it's going to cost you a grand, or however much you want to say it is, every 3-4 years.

Personally, I don't feel the gaming experience on a console is really worth $399 to me, I think I would give up gaming altogether if PC were no longer an option.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Defeat View Post
    More like 500 for a gaming computer :{
    Assuming you plan to purchase individual components and build the PC yourself and even then a $500 can't be expected to run UT3 with impressive FPS and it wont be able to run the newest games in two or so years quite well. For a pre-built PC there's no way you'll get good gaming value for anywhere near $500.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Bebo View Post
    Unwanted attention from PC players!! PC invented how UT is played!!1
    I'm going to switch genders and buy a PS3 to duel you now!
    lol ok you go do that...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So it kinda comes down to 1000+ dollars for a good gaming PC (that'll remain "good" for at least 3-4 more years) or $399 for a PS3/360 that'll remain a viable console for at least 3-4 more years.
    More like 500 for a gaming computer :{

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, I don't know the "run down" on PC gaming. All I know is I'm switching systems cuz SOMEONE can't make a reliable product!!!!! ********........

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by U-R-K View Post
    LOL, it's not really that much more expensive. And consider with that extra cost, you're also getting a multi-purpose device with any number of other uses in addition to gaming, it's really a good deal. And PC games are cheaper per unit than console games.
    Most people have a perfectly functioning PC for basic computer amenities (Web Browsing, Word Processing, etc) so that doesn't really justify the price. For the average person the only reason to get a gaming quality PC would be to game. So it kinda comes down to 1000+ dollars for a good gaming PC (that'll remain "good" for at least 3-4 more years) or $399 for a PS3/360 that'll remain a viable console for at least 3-4 more years.

If it wasn't for spore being released in a few weeks and that I needed to replace my old laptop, I know I wouldn't have a gaming PC. It's just not right for everyone.

Yea, but if all that breaks, who am I going to send it to? With a system, at least I have a warranty so I can send it in (MICROSOFT.....four systems in two years). PC gaming, just not for me.
    Four systems in two years isn't a good thing, and most manufacturers offer warranties with thier PCs.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    PC gaming = too expensive
    LOL, it's not really that much more expensive. And consider with that extra cost, you're also getting a multi-purpose device with any number of other uses in addition to gaming, it's really a good deal. And PC games are cheaper per unit than console games.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    PC gaming = too expensive

Leave a comment:

Working...
X