Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by mexruler487 View Post
    PC does have gamepads you know, and ut3 supports it so why not play on the pc? then on the ps3 just to be even
    because playing on the PC involves her buying the game again (and probably having to upgrade her PC)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I know Xi0s too...and if you knew annie you would know why I said that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by xi0s View Post
    EG|Ecstacy is the real deal if you want a challenger, but she plays on PC. ;]

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1..._5exy/3991.jpg
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1..._5exy/4008.jpg
    Quoting to make Bebo mad and because I know who Xi0s is.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    1on1 pc match on CTF-Joust?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    PC does have gamepads you know, and ut3 supports it so why not play on the pc? then on the ps3 just to be even

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by xi0s View Post

I said that 80 pages ago...stop giving annie publicity....
    Maybe annie can play her on PS3?

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Tailsnake View Post
    In the end PC gaming suits some, console gaming just tends to appeal to far more.
    "Lowest common denominator!"

Originally posted by Bebo View Post
    This is actually a interesting thread without the consumer analysis of consoles and PC's!
    That stuff is like a bonus, though!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    WAY TO DERAIL!
    This is actually a interesting thread without the consumer analysis of consoles and PC's!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by U-R-K View Post
    I think you're exaggerating the cost. If you're willing to spend $600 every 4-6 years (the original price of the PS3, am I correct?), that's more than enough for a top-of-the-line graphics card. And that GPU component is often all you really need to upgrade to keep your system performing.

A lot of people overestimate the cost of PC gaming, and I think just as many overestimate the frequency and necessity of upgrades. Hopefully, the PC Gaming Alliance will work to dispel these misconceptions.
    There more to take into consideration than price when you talk about PC gaming though. You still need to consider Which CPU (Quad or DUal then which clock speed, bus, etc), GPU (ATI or NVIDIA then which generation then the model), RAM, Operating system, Case, Monitor (Size, Type, Resolution, Refresh Rate, etc), keyboard, mouse, hard drive (capacity, RPM), and then some and even after that you still need to worry about drivers, updates, compatibility, tweaking, etc.

With a console the most difficult choice you have to make is PS3 or 360 then which model. The systems update themselves, games are optimized as well as they can be for the hardware and certain things like voice chat and universal friends lists are better on consoles.

And when it comes to the actual games PCs really only excel in Shooters and RTS games (I'm considering stuff like Rolloer Coaster Tycoon, Sim City, Spore, and The Sims under RTS too). Consoles perform just as well (if not better) as PCs in almost every other genre of games.

For someone not geared to the technical aspects the console is a far better choice for gaming. I personally prefer consoles, I hate having to type to communicate when I could just talk (I know about Team Speak but it's not something almost everyone uses like mics on consoles) and I'm not very good at keeping up with the latest drivers and etc.

In the end PC gaming suits some, console gaming just tends to appeal to far more.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    RAR RAR RAR 3d VideEo G4mz!

If at all possible Ipwn should record the matches seeing as how this is practically a UT3 challenge tourney thing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by skag187 View Post
    really, for alot of folks it just doesn't make sense. You can buy a console system for less than 1 kick *** video card. and a console can have anywhere from 4-6 years for a lifespan. To build a good to badass gaming rig AND maintain it with upgrades to keep it around for that long is like digging a hole and trying to fill it with cash, console gaming provides an even playing field, with little to no cheating.
    Quite comparing the top video cards to buying a console, that's completely out of line. A 500 dollar gaming computer will destroy UT3 and be fine for games for the next 3ish years. Your also forgetting about how consoles have higher priced games which evens the money field.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by skag187 View Post
    really, for alot of folks it just doesn't make sense. You can buy a console system for less than 1 kick *** video card. and a console can have anywhere from 4-6 years for a lifespan. To build a good to badass gaming rig AND maintain it with upgrades to keep it around for that long is like digging a hole and trying to fill it with cash, console gaming provides an even playing field, with little to no cheating.
    I think you're exaggerating the cost. If you're willing to spend $600 every 4-6 years (the original price of the PS3, am I correct?), that's more than enough for a top-of-the-line graphics card. And that GPU component is often all you really need to upgrade to keep your system performing.

A lot of people overestimate the cost of PC gaming, and I think just as many overestimate the frequency and necessity of upgrades. Hopefully, the PC Gaming Alliance will work to dispel these misconceptions.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by marketpantry View Post
    the question is: why are you asking just for females?
    Uh, read OP.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    the question is: why are you asking just for females?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X