Downloading mods and active X controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downloading mods and active X controls

I want to download some mods for Unreal Tournament 3 but the website wants to install an active X Control add on. Are Active X controls dangerous? Should I take a risk? How high are they up the scales in terms of being malicious?

ActiveX = anywhere from completely harmless to extremely dangerous. ActiveX for a download = quite suspicious.
    Try getting the mod from other sites that don't attempt to install **** on your system.

Comment

I can subscribe to File Planet but I have to pay the idiots a number of dollars a month. Lets just say it is two much just for a website just to download stuff. Didn't mean to offend any fileplanet lovers. I just don't like giving website money that I don't know if I can trust. Except Amazon.com and banking websites because I can trust them.

Comment

Originally posted by UTCollector88 View Post
        I can subscribe to File Planet but I have to pay the idiots a number of dollars a month. Lets just say it is two much just for a website just to download stuff. Didn't mean to offend any fileplanet lovers. I just don't like giving website money that I don't know if I can trust. Except Amazon.com and banking websites because I can trust them.
        I'm sure you do not have to pay to download anything from File Planet, you might need to register though. Most people here use Filefront which does not require registration.
        I do not know of any custom content posted on this site which requires you to pay anything to download.

Also, I wouldn't trust Amazon: I don't know about the .com version but certainly the UK version continuously tries to install adware/unsolicited tracking cookies on my PC.

Comment

you can download at File Planet for free just make a account if you want premium bandwidth on the download is when you have to pay just choose the free public servers to download from
          oh BTW just login with your UT3 info that you used to create your login for ut3 you need your email and password for the login you made in ut3 that will work trust me

Comment

So is there mods for UT3 to download in filefront? I have downloaded a few things from filefront as well so I am familiar with it. TimbreWolf, where you download for free from fileplanet is where I think they ask you to install the Active X Control. Because there are two columns; one for free and one for subscribers only.

Anyway have any of you seen or visited the official ut3 website because you need Abode Flash Player which requires an Active X control as well. Which I unfortunately downloaded. ****!

Comment

Forget the official website, it's only about the game itself. If you want mods, go to community sites like BeyondUnreal.com.

Comment

I found a website when I googled. I have downloaded some maps already. But I am still going to download some more. I am mainly after CTF's and VCTF's. I tried [url]www.beyondunreal.com but I couldn't find what I was after there, either I didn't look properly or they didn't have much mods. The ones that they did have were really weird ones that I don't like. Such as a mod that turns your UT3 into UT3 2D. I tried filefront as well but I couldn't find anything there either under maps.

Comment

I tested the maps I installed and I had to get rid of one of the maps called 'Atlantea'. The framerate of the map was really bad. It was really slow. There is another map I don't know if I should get rid off. It is a Capture the Flag map called botanica. It is wierd because the blue team starts at the red base and the red team start at the blue base and the two teams cross paths.

Comment

Working...
                  X