Shock rifle self damage bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shock rifle self damage bug

Ever shoot a shockball and end up killing yourself and can't figure out why?
    Ive done it a few times and its really annoying so I made a video of it.

There is no audio, apparently the Xfire capture is borked and will not record audio but you can see what I'm talking about.
    I use 100 fov if you are wondering.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_gR2tFteAo
    http://www.xfire.com/video/1ba18/ <-higher quality

You can clearly see there something funny about the collision of the shock balls and the bio secondary. You can easily replicate this glitch in game and may have had it happen to you one or twice already. You can do it on any map too.

it would be on account of lag.

Comment

This can be done offline and online, did you watch the videos?
      The video was done offline.

Comment

got used to that bug a long time ago.
        hope it will be fixed someday.

Comment

I just assumed it was part of the whole risk/reward of using the shock. I do that a lot.

Comment

wait its a bug? i just thought it was part of the game to be able to hurt your self with a shock core if your to close when it hits something.

Comment

Originally posted by men1kmati View Post
              wait its a bug? i just thought it was part of the game to be able to hurt your self with a shock core if your to close when it hits something.
              Doesn't appear to hurt the bots though so maybe not part of ordinary gameplay!

Comment

It seems as an error with that gate (referring to xFire video).

Maybe its a bug that hasn't been corrected (?)

Comment

Large projectiles (shock balls, AVRiLs, Redeemer, Bio secondary) switch to zero-width collision when they move and hit something to check if they should really explode. Rockets, flak grenades and chunks, link projectiles and all hit-scan shots have an infinitely small collision, while shock ball colision is about the same as their visual size. If it wasn't you wouldn't be able to hit a combo even if the ball wasn't moving.

I guess the bug here is that large projectiles don't switch to zero-width collision checks when they are spawned. Report it in the 1.4 patch wish list thread.

Comment

Nice to see Wormbo is on the ball, as usual.

Comment

I could live with he bug if it was only the gate however its all corners too.

[shot]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i103/rahkogen/Screenshots/ScreenShot00011.jpg[/shot]
                      [shot]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i103/rahkogen/Screenshots/ScreenShot00012.jpg[/shot]
                      At this point if I shot a shockball again I would kill myself from this position.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadKillGrill View Post
                        There is no audio, apparently the Xfire capture is borked and will not record audio but you can see what I'm talking about.
                        You have to enable audio capture in your options, its off by default.

Comment

Originally posted by SocratesPwnsU View Post
                          You have to enable audio capture in your options, its off by default.
                          I did, but the options for the input were line in, mic and CD audio :-/. I'll look at it again later when I care to record audio and video, last time I recorded audio it was so desynced with the video it wasn't worth it anyway.

This video does not need audio for you to see a problem though.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormbo View Post
                            Large projectiles (shock balls, AVRiLs, Redeemer, Bio secondary) switch to zero-width collision when they move and hit something to check if they should really explode.
                            It's funny you mention those exact weapons. I've noticed all of those weapons have the property bProjectileTarget=true, which is what I thought was the problem, but your description of zero-width collision sounds like the true problem.

If you create a blocking volume with type = 'BlockWeapons', those four weapons can still go through it. It's an annoying bug, and probably due to zero-width collision detection.

Comment

Working...
                            X