Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lan Party Problems

Hey,

yesterday I was hosting a LAN party where we were also playing UT3.

One thing that was real stupid was that we could not change our names, so we were all called "PlayerX" or "SpielerX" (X stands for a number)

I looked through the whole settings but I couldn't find a name changing box.

Next to that, all the player models were the same, everybody looked like the a Axon guy although we changed the character before and had a Axon male voice.

Even patching the games to version 1.2 didn't change that.

is there a way to change names and skins and if not, will Epic fix that?

causa

Heh, that's indeed also a thing I wanted to know! Why does your model sometimes change back to default during online play??

Comment

Your name is what your profile is called. If on a LAN you were probably playing without a profile, so no name.

Comment

This is because there is no internet and you dont login.
        Without being logged in to Gamespy you actually CAN change name, by using 'setname *name*' in console.
        Just press F10, type 'setname *yourname*', press enter and you are done.

Comment

thanks for your help, taboen, we didn't log in cause there was not internet, that should do it, kinda strange to use "clan tag" as a name replacement :P

what about the models, why are they all the same?

Comment

Because the models are also stored online as far as I know. I dont think you can change that.

Comment

Demo Guy must die...
              A. You forgot to tick enable Custom Characters when you hosted
              B. If you join after someone you will look as the Demo Guy to them, because the game don't load custom models during the match to stop lagging midgame when some joins, that's why you get the Demo Guy (it's preloaded). In the next round though everyone will look fine or at least most of them.
              C. Also if you go above 12 players you will get alot of Demo Guys since the game by default only allow 12 custom characters, but can be changed in ini.

There's also a lot of other scenarios where you get him, you turning into the demo guy
              is a bug though since you must always look like yourself in the game, happens in team games a lot.

As for name changing you could get UTCompIII, Also allows for Map Voting.
              Another alternative I'd reccomend Is MapMixer. It also allows for Name changing etc, It's been designed for Lans and is very functional even for an alpha, not to mention an excellent UI. Will have to install it on all the clients though, strongly reccomend it.
              http://mapmixer.oceaniaut.com/index....ge=screenshots

Comment

Originally posted by HideInLight View Post
                Demo Guy must die...
                A. You forgot to tick enable Custom Characters when you hosted
                B. If you join after someone you will look as the Demo Guy to them, because the game don't load custom models during the match to stop lagging midgame when some joins, that's why you get the Demo Guy (it's preloaded). In the next round though everyone will look fine or at least most of them.
                C. Also if you go above 12 players you will get alot of Demo Guys since the game by default only allow 12 custom characters, but can be changed in ini.

There's also a lot of other scenarios where you get him, you turning into the demo guy
                is a bug though since you must always look like yourself in the game, happens in team games a lot.

As for name changing you could get UTCompIII, Also allows for Map Voting.
                Another alternative I'd reccomend Is MapMixer. It also allows for Name changing etc, It's been designed for Lans and is very functional even for an alpha, not to mention an excellent UI. Will have to install it on all the clients though, strongly reccomend it.
                http://mapmixer.oceaniaut.com/index....ge=screenshots
                All of that, or, what Tab said ;-)

Comment

omg thats some nice programm you posted there, thanks alot!

maybe that problem with the preloading occured because i went to menu everytime to change something after a game was over and there was never more then one game in a row!

Comment

Working...
                  X